SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Instant New Twitch Success - Sheriff Eli
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Instant New Twitch Success - Sheriff Eli Login/Join 
Picture of EasilyOdd
posted
I usually avoid roll play stuff at all costs. Sheriff Eli crossed my youtube / streaming path for the last several months. I think he's retired Texas law enforcement.

There are several GTA role playing guys that have highlighted Sheriff Eli and his antics as an admin of a GTA mod geared for role playing.

Eli didn't have a rig that could stream so they held a fund raising event for him and collected approx. $20K for him to get setup. They knew they'd get money, but not that much.

Eli started his first stream on Twitch today and had 20K viewers almost immediately. ...and he only had a "stream starting soon" page up. There were so many people flooding the servers to be on his stream that he couldn't even get on and just started talking for an hour and a half. In which time he got ~500 subscribers.

He's pretty funny in a Full Metal Jacket DI kinda way. He claims that "66% of the donations would go to miniature American flags, ammunition, skoal and booze. ...76% on weekends." Lots of swearing so not quite for kids.

With cable cutting becoming more popular people are turning to live streaming for entertainment. I've just never seen a crowd of people anticipating and encouraging a person to stream.

He's pretty entertaining and handles the improve type of role players he deals with and comes across as a genuinely good person.

Links for those that may be interested.

Sheriff Eli's Stream

YT of them telling Eli how much they raised for him.

Eli's YT vids

===================
Come on you Gunners

Posts: 166 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: February 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
Confused

Is it only me?

Posts: 2935 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
I happened to be watching the stream yesterday when he was role playing the Police K9. I honestly have NEVER laughed so hard in my life.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasilyOdd
posted Hide Post
Eli is hilarious.

Very impressive early success for a streamer. Great selfless gesture from that community knowing that Eli would take viewers from them.

===================
Come on you Gunners

Posts: 166 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: February 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post