SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anybody Taking Entresto?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody Taking Entresto? Login/Join 
Picture of Rover88
posted
I just spent three days in the hospital, admitted for exacerbation of COPD (Pulse Ox was 83, prompting admission).

Was on 02 for about 24 hours, which, along with the breathing treatments (albuterol and ipratropium bromide), brought me to 94-95 on room air. Discharged about 6:00 p.m. yesterday and have only used an inhaler once.

Entresto was one of the drugs prescribed (some reduction in Ejection Function, but I've heard numbers from 35%-55%, so I don't know exactly what the number is--I have to see my PCP).

Anyway, everything I've read about Entresto, about 85% of the comments are negative, claiming severe reduction in blood pressure. I normally have very low blood pressure anyway, and in the past have had two very bad experiences from Flomax reducing my blood pressure to the point of passing out (once woke up in a pool of blood from a head-gash).

Before I start on this, I was curious whether anybody here has had any experiences.

Posts: 640 | Location: Johnstown, PA | Registered: February 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post