SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Newspaper to Elizabeth Warren: Take 'Spit Test' to Settle Native American Heritage Claims
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Newspaper to Elizabeth Warren: Take 'Spit Test' to Settle Native American Heritage Claims Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
A Massachusetts newspaper is calling on Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) to take a DNA test to resolve once and for all if she has Native American ancestry, as she has claimed.

Warren has never provided any documentation that she is Native American, instead pointing to "family stories" passed down to her through generations as evidence.

President Donald Trump infamously dubbed her "Pocahontas" and accused her of falsely claiming Native American heritage. Some have speculated that the controversy could be damaging to Warren's rumored 2020 presidential run.

"So we call upon our senior senator to screw up her courage and take the spit test," The Berkshire Eagle said in an editorial. "If she already has but is keeping the results under wraps, we urge her to be forthcoming with them. She has nothing to lose but her Achilles' heel."

On "The Story" on Friday night, Karl Rove said this is a continuing problem for Warren, since she claimed to be of Cherokee descent when she was applying for academic jobs and it would have been beneficial to be a woman from a diverse background.

"She used it to her advantage and has shied away from it when she got called on it," Rove said, calling it a "pretty tough editorial" from a paper that endorsed her in 2012.

Chris Stirewalt said Warren has a "serious 2020 problem," and this is just one part of it.

"She has a problem with social justice Democrats and identity politics Democrats who deeply resent a white woman of privilege taking advantage of carve outs that are set aside for Native Americans," he explained.

He added that Republicans may see Warren as an "ultra liberal," but she's actually more moderate than the base of the Democratic Party, so she could find herself being outflanked in a potential 2020 primary by more progressive candidates like Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and Tom Steyer.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I agree with the newspaper. However, I looked into the newspaper, Berkshire Eagle, and they only have a circulation of 23,000 for their daily.

In Texas, it'd be like the The Longview News-Journal calling out Senator Ted Cruz on something.

Don't get me wrong, I despise Liawatha fauxcahontas but this is a glancing blow at best.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
This Native American, will be happy to spit on her...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Early prediction, ole Lizzie isn't going anywhere near a DNA test to prove once and for all the obvious.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
This Native American, will be happy to spit on her...

But, then she would test positive! Big Grin

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
Sidenote. I thought of Warren a few weeks ago.

Seems our adult children conspired to give my wife and I spit tests for Christmas. We got the results. My wife's mother is a native of Peru, family tradition is that she was half Inca, half Spaniard. Seems my wife's DNA concurs.

I concur with bigdeal, Warren won't go near a DNA test, which would likely prove her decades of fraud. But most likely the voters of Mass wouldn't care if she did it, as those voters don't have any more integrity than Warren does.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:

Seems our adult children conspired to give my wife and I spit tests for Christmas. We got the results. My wife's mother is a native of Peru, family tradition is that she was half Inca, half Spaniard. Seems my wife's DNA concurs.

I concur with bigdeal, Warren won't go near a DNA test, which would likely prove her decades of fraud. But most likely the voters of Mass wouldn't care if she did it, as those voters don't have any more integrity than Warren does.

My parents both did it around Christmas as well.

My father's was pretty much what we expected (Eastern European Jewish). My mother's side, however was over 85% English (Great Britain).

Family stories had always indicated German...so the English result was surprising, and pretty cool IMO.

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xwesler:
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:

My parents both did it around Christmas as well.

My father's was pretty much what we expected (Eastern European Jewish). My mother's side, however was over 85% English (Great Britain).

Family stories had always indicated German...so the English result was surprising, and pretty cool IMO.

Not really surprising, when you think that the people who are currently called English, and look it, fair-haired, blue-ish eyes, strong build et al, came from Germany [Jutes/Angles/Saxons] in the first place.

tac

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
That skank would never go near a DNA test, but if she did, I would need a verified non-liberal be present as a witness. Also a camera running from start to finish.

Irregardless, I agree that even if the test concludes that she is as white as when Anglo met Saxon, dishonest gullible lib voters would find a reason to forgive decades of lying, just as they did with crooked Hillary.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Never expected something like DNA testing to come along years later to bite your sorry lyin’ ass, did you, Lizzy?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
She's a liar and a cheat for personal gain. Nothing more. My great-great grandmothers, one on each side of my family, were Native American. Unlike Pocahontas, I am sure I could claim the status legitimately, but because I look white and have a white name, I have never been discriminated against for being Native American, so I have never checked off a box on a form that give me special consideration. Warren is pond scum.

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Somewhere in Oklahoma there is a Craigslist ad: "I will come to your reservation and give you $100 if you will just spit in a little tube...."

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You can bet your bottom dollar that this liar has already taken a DNA test anonymously. Even though she knows she lied, there is a slight chance that she actually does have Indian err native American ancestry, and then she could defy all her detractors. But, the DNA test for "Jane Smith" revealed nothing which would be to her advantage.

Posts: 107256 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Liar liar tee-pee on fire. Just use all her lies in the next election cycle. Trump would have great fun with it if she went against him.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just did Ancestry and 23 and Me tests. They came out slightly different but close enough for validation. I have it on fact that all my ancestors were from parts of Germany excepting one from just over the border to Denmark. My DNA shows up as predominately British Isles/Scandinavian in roughly equal percentage on Ancestry and Scandinavian/British Isles in about opposite percentages on 23 and Me. Both show my ancestors to be from Germany due to the admixture. The surprising part was showing that I had tags in South and Central America. Ancestry also turned up a first cousin once removed or second cousin in Idaho which none of the family is aware of. She was adopted at birth and her birth mother is Native American. She has a name for her father but it may not be correct so we hit a dead end on following up on him. I must admit it has been interesting following some of this.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2872 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
As maternity is a fact and paternity but an opinion, it is likely that there will be all sorts of surprises as these tests become ubiquitous.

Adoptions that were never revealed to later generations, great-great grandmothers who had dalliances with unknown sperm donors on the sly, what amounted to rapes that were never reported or spoken of, out of shame or fear, other situations where presumptions didn’t match realities.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
calling Warren a skank is unfair to skanks I think

no need to sully them further

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
While she may not have always known, surely she does by now.

When I was a kid, our family tradition held that my great, great, great grandmother was a full-blooded Cherokee Indian. As an adult when some of our more genealogically-inclinded family members put together a detailed family tree for us, there were no Cherokee or other native Americans to be found. The family member who did indeed marry a Cherokee was from a distant branch of the family, so we no longer claim it. One of my daughters did the DNA test last year and confirmed the genealogy findings.

The point is that family tradition isn't always perfect, Senator Warren, but once you discover the truth, don't keep stretching it. Now's the time: put up or shut up.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2094 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
Family stories can be highly unreliable. At least according to my "spit test".

Family lore on both my Mother's side and my Father's side contain tales of Native American ancestry. My DNA test showed none of this whatsoever. So much for family stories.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2057 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
calling Warren a skank is unfair to skanks I think

no need to sully them further

Humorous and truthful at the same time. Smile

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post