SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Newspaper to Elizabeth Warren: Take 'Spit Test' to Settle Native American Heritage Claims
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Newspaper to Elizabeth Warren: Take 'Spit Test' to Settle Native American Heritage Claims Login/Join 
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by rusbro:
She was on Fox News Sunday today (her first time ever on Fox, I think) and asked if she'd take the test. Of course, she evaded.
Familial legends are just that; legends. I have heard my familial legends that were equally romantic about the no no of marrying Native Americans but having a family anyway. For the longest time I believed them. Why wouldn't I? I was raised with the lore. People I trusted told the stories over and over. Then the DNA test was done on one of my family. THERE WAS NO CHANCE THE LORE WAS TRUE. None. No chance.

You would not BELIEVE how many people are decedents from the Mayflower! Smile

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
You would not BELIEVE how many people are decedents from the Mayflower!

At this late date, all of them—I suspect, anyway. Wink

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Spit is too small a sample.
Send both kidneys. Its the only way to be sure.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
You would not BELIEVE how many people are decedents from the Mayflower!

At this late date, all of them—I suspect, anyway. Wink
\

LOL! Good one. Damn typos.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
When you're caught lying, you should embellish the lie. Right, Liz? You bet.

Cherokee genealogist casts doubt on Elizabeth Warren's story of parents' elopement

quote:
But The Washington Times reported that Cherokee genealogist Twila Barnes wrote in a 2016 blog that the story doesn't make sense. Barnes, who has researched Warren's family and found no evidence of Native American ancestry, researched the marriage of Pauline Reed and Donald Herring and found it appeared to be an ordinary wedding.

“The problem with Warren’s story is that none of the evidence supports it,” Barnes wrote. “Her genealogy shows no indication of Cherokee ancestry. Her parents’ wedding doesn’t resemble an elopement. And additional evidence doesn’t show any indication of her Herring grandparents being Indian haters.”

The wedding was performed by a prominent Methodist clergyman, not a justice of the peace, Barnes found. She also noted that a detailed wedding announcement was posted in the local newspaper in Wetumka, Oklahoma.

“If Ms. Warren’s parents eloped due to her mother being ‘Cherokee and Delaware’ and it was such a disgrace, why did they rush back to Wetumka the same day they were married and proudly announce it to everyone?” asked Ms. Barnes. “If there was shame associated with the marriage and it caused so many problems, why was it happily announced in the local paper?”

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Lies to support "racial fluidity" I've declared myself "Pacific islander/inuit" Damn the blonde hair and blue eyes.

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
All of these lies are about nothing but her personal advancement. None of the lies she's telling about her ancestry are for the benefit of any group or anyone else but herself.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Her heritage can be traced directly back to the famous guide for Lewis & Clark: Sacagawarren, after whom she was named.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crom:
Her heritage can be traced directly back to the famous guide for Lewis & Clark: Sacagawarren, after whom she was named.

...through the Sacabaloney line.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
When you're caught lying, you should embellish the lie. Right, Liz? You bet.

Cherokee genealogist casts doubt on Elizabeth Warren's story of parents' elopement

quote:
But The Washington Times reported that Cherokee genealogist Twila Barnes wrote in a 2016 blog that the story doesn't make sense. Barnes, who has researched Warren's family and found no evidence of Native American ancestry. . . .“The problem with Warren’s story is that none of the evidence supports it,” Barnes wrote. . .

But, but, but, she knows who she is, and doesn't need a DNA test to prove it. And she has never used her heritage to gain advantage. Wink

(I don't know how she can look at herself in the mirror). Roll Eyes

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post