SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who among us drives an old truck?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who among us drives an old truck? Login/Join 
posted
This is mine--1952 Chevy, completely restored and upgraded with disc brakes and a 307 V8.

Tim

"Dead Midgets Handled With No Questions Asked"

Posts: 687 | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
52. I'm not winning. Have a 69.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
It's very nice. Smile

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Uppster
posted Hide Post
1961 Ford F100 Unibody, 327 Chevy powered. 1965 Chevrolet C10 under construction, 6.0 powered. Nice truck, my favorite body style

God,Guns,Cars,& 1Wife, I would say I have it all.

Posts: 1448 | Location: Independence MO | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Wow, all the chrome and louvers look great.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Nice, Tim! Was the rest of the drive train upgraded as well? Trans and rear end? Suspension?

My dream truck would be something from that era (a '50 or '51 Ford F1 would be ideal) on a complete new modern chassis. Basically an old style body on a new truck.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Not all that old, but I do enjoy driving this old square body. I979 with a 454 and 5 speed.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted Hide Post
can't show ya mine yet, but she's out in the garage. A 1967 GMC 3/4 ton 5 speed. I bought it from a guy who put a '69 327 vette motor in it, then stopped. I found the wiring harness in the back of the box !!!!

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4586 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
'54 Chevy 3100, "Lucille"

Completely stock sans rear end gear change.

Still 6V!

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PHPaul--Yes, the running gear is 1970ish Chevelle.

TomS--They could be sisters! Mine is "Agnes"

"Dead Midgets Handled With No Questions Asked"

Posts: 687 | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Wow, you guys have some beauties. Mine is a rusted out ol' 72 C20 Chevy. Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BlackAgnes:
PHPaul--Yes, the running gear is 1970ish Chevelle.

Perfect! I'd love to see some detail pictures sometime.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
That's really cool. I'd like to have a truck that looks old school but w/ all the modernizations underneath. But wouldn't have a clue where to begin and I'm sure I don't have the funds for it.

I was going to say I have an old truck but it's not the same as what you guys are showing.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
2000..... four ... never mind. Frown

PS those are some nice trucks. Cool

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I have a 1961 K1000 GMC Suburban with a 305 V6. 17.5 factory wheels, factory lift blocks, divorced transfer case, granny low 4 speed, 34 quart cooling system. Bought it from the University of Missouri geology department in 1978.

Posts: 7455 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
If I ever loved those old pickups, a mid 30's International would be among my favorites.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
I love those old trucks. Especially those farm trucks. The older they look, the more appealling it gets to me. I think they are simple, yet sexy looking trucks.

Next up are those older square body pick up trucks (Ford, GMC, etc). It doesnt matter which brand. I like those too.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does my '82 Jeep CJ& Laredo count?

Chuck

Life's tough...tougher if you're stupid

(AKA "cwr" on SIGforum [email account issues])

Posts: 358 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: February 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CWR67:
Does my '82 Jeep CJ& Laredo count?

No.

Posts: 7455 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
My Dad drove nothing but Ford pickups, so I have a lot of nostalgia for the old ones, up to 1955 IIRC.
Isn't that right sis?

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post