SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sovereign Citizens On you tube
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sovereign Citizens On you tube Login/Join 
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted
I just never get tired of it.

I was surfing you tube and ended up in the Sovereign Citizens channel.

"Ma’am, it’s pain compliance, it’s not supposed to feel good".

"In the state of Texas speeding is not a reason to stop me".

I want to know, do these twat waffles actually believe the line of bullshit they are sprouting or do they think the cops are really stupid enough to buy in to it and let them go free.

And once the taser comes out I can watch it over and over again.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3839 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Anyone who buys into the "Sovereign Citizen" BS is one of those people who chooses to believe whatever they WANT to believe rather than what logic and reason dictates to be true.

My question is where did this BS originate? Exactly who was it that studied history, chose what they wanted (from like a "smorgasbord of history" buffet), and came up with this crap? You see in a lot of those videos that these poor rubes actually have some kind of cliff notes they refer to when they "explain the law" to law enforcement officers.

So, who started this crap?

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:

My question is where did this BS originate? Exactly who was it that studied history, chose what they wanted (from like a "smorgasbord of history" buffet), and came up with this crap? You see in a lot of those videos that these poor rubes actually have some kind of cliff notes they refer to when they "explain the law" to law enforcement officers.

I would contend they hath watched too much of thy Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
It's magical thinking gone far awry.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Didn't this get airtime here recently? The Sovereign Citizen Sitcom:

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Competent When Sober
Picture of Mad Max
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have prosecuted and been appointed to represent both sovereign citizens and "republic of TX" folk. Some are just narcassistic and believe they are smarter than everyone around them and know the "magic" language that will get them out of any trouble. Others are simple minded individuals who are convinced of these methods by others who hold the secret knowledge. Either way it is very hard to get them to see the reality of the situation. I even had one cite the Magna Carta to me. Sigh....

Oliver Wendell Holmes - "The young man knows the rules, but the old man knows the exceptions."

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: July 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Max:
quote:

I have prosecuted and been appointed to represent both sovereign citizens and "republic of TX" folk. Some are just narcassistic and believe they are smarter than everyone around them and know the "magic" language that will get them out of any trouble. Others are simple minded individuals who are convinced of these methods by others who hold the secret knowledge. Either way it is very hard to get them to see the reality of the situation. I even had one cite the Magna Carta to me. Sigh....

That is my experience as well. I think most of them want to think there is a magic bullet to avoid taxes, driver's licenses, and the like. And then, they are also people who tend to believe in conspiracy theories, so the idea that there is some secret knowledge that they can exploit appeals to them. They find the sovereign citizens and they fall for it. They are just smart enough to try to use it, but not smart enough to really examine the set of beliefs and see that they make no sense.

They mostly are true believers, but are, obviously, terribly misguided. A few are just manipulators and grifters.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
quote:

That is my experience as well. I think most of them want to think there is a magic bullet to avoid taxes, driver's licenses, and the like. And then, they are also people who tend to believe in conspiracy theories, so the idea that there is some secret knowledge that they can exploit appeals to them. They find the sovereign citizens and they fall for it. They are just smart enough to try to use it, but not smart enough to really examine the set of beliefs and see that they make no sense.

They mostly are true believers, but are, obviously, terribly misguided. A few are just manipulators and grifters.

The magic bullet is cash only, refuse to be licensed, walk every where and demand a fringeless flag at your tax evasion trial.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

If you think about it, this sounds like the typical liberal.

Posts: 230 | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
"Let the record show that AARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!"

Comedy gold. Big Grin

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

From the comments

I'm starting to suspect the entire Sovereign Citizen thing is a business scheme devised by auto glass manufacturers.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They aren't real popular around here.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc4VTx5ecv0

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:

From the comments

I'm starting to suspect the entire Sovereign Citizen thing is a business scheme devised by auto glass manufacturers.

He cancelled his "contractual" obligations under the Canadian Highway Traffic Act? And dissolved the nation of Canada? That is rich.

I guess he found that he didn't know his rights quite as well as the thought when they broke his window and dragged him out of the car.

I love those videos.

When they bring their claims in US Tax Court, the courts don't even write opinions explaining why their claims are denied. They just deny them, and refer to three or four decisions already out there.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Besides them just being fucking nuts, I think they’re looking for a big payout somehow. That some judge or jury will eventually side with them, say their rights were violated and give them a big cash prize.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know the basis of the phrase "in the state of Texas, (or wherever), speeding is not a reason to stop me"? I've heard in used numerous times by these nut jobs, and it seems to be one of their common beliefs.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
What you don't see after the taser videos is what harassment hell they put the cops and prosecutors through: fake liens, fake charges, etc.

When you deal with a sovereign citizen, you have to realize you are going all in and your life might be hell for a long time. It is so bad, that businesses like Lifeblock offers a protection plan for cops that is well worth it.

Most of what Moor based sovereign citizens believe is based on our first treaty, the Treaty of Tripoli. (From Wikipedia): The Commonwealth sovereign citizen believe that the 14th amendment, as the act that converted sovereign citizens into federal citizens by their agreement to a contract to accept benefits from the federal government. Other commentators have identified other acts, including the Uniform Commercial Code, the Emergency Banking Act,[22] the Zone Improvement Plan,[23] and the alleged suppression of the Titles of Nobility Amendment.[24]

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

Officer: I'm gonna give you my name. In fact, I'm gonna put it on the parking ticket after I tow your truck away.

Lucky to be alive at 7:21.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of my younger brothers got wrapped up in this somehow while he was attending college. He got a bachelor's degree, came home, made some bad choices and spent some time in jail. When he got out he was completely different. He believes everything is a conspiracy. He fled to California to avoid going back to jail, that was almost 8 years ago. He use to send me links to stories he thought proved what he believed but it was all a bunch of nonsense.
I think a lot of weed and a very liberal college atmosphere forever changed him.

I do watch the videos on YouTube sometimes to try and understand what he talks about, most of the time it ends with me laughing at someone getting tazed.

Posts: 872 | Location: TN | Registered: December 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
They're about as stupid as the wack jobs who think there is no law requiring federal taxes.

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
So I guess these fucks do not collect Social Security when available.

Posts: 5298 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post