SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Shamefully ignorant college students are asked about Pearl Harbor
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shamefully ignorant college students are asked about Pearl Harbor Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
What's that? You're getting a degree? In what, you STUPID, IGNORANT, CLUELESS MOTHERFUCKERS??!!!!!

But, uh, some students knew the answer. It's a puzzler as to why, ain't it? Roll Eyes

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
And all these nitwits think they are the smartest people on the planet. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21838 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

But, uh, some students knew the answer. It's a puzzler as to why, ain't it? Roll Eyes

Smile

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
"Like..." Every time I hear a sentence start with that word, my head almost explodes. The parents paying the tuition for most of those kids need to demand a refund.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Ignorance is what's being taught from elementary school on up. Along with civil disobedience.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Oh, come on. Students these days aren't TAUGHT anything -- they're simply being indoctrinated.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Oh, come on. Students these days aren't TAUGHT anything -- they're simply being indoctrinated.

Winner.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the Asian gal is Hmong, she may not be exposed to WWII and the US' involvement early on.

I'm afraid to ask them about 9/11. They were toddlers when that happened.

P229

Posts: 3823 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
As Rush Limbaugh said today about the “kumbaya lovefest” from the GHWB funeral eulogies and the misrepresentation of history from that time, unless the event occurred while they were alive, then it is Ancient History and is irrelevant to them. And they will be doomed to repeat it too.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:

You beat me to it!

I have been saying this for years.

Some time ago someone did an on campus interview, asking who the USA fought against in WW2. Several of the responders maintained that we fought against FRANCE!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
There are some stupid people in that video including the guy asking the questions. He was whining about it being cold with his jacket open hood down and no cap or gloves.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Disgraceful. Unfortunately, I getting used to it

Posts: 13231 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I'll bet she knows all about white privilege and how racist this country is.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29682 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
"... It's an important part of our history... and not knowing makes me look like Jane, that ignorant slut..."

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31425 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Even the ignorant ones were treated with some respect, no eye rolls or laughing in their faces, good for the interviewer. I'd like to believe some were happy to be informed and not bristling at being exposed. Maybe a case where honey does work better than vinegar.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Part of the issue on display I think is that females generally aren’t as interested in war history as males are. Guys consume that stuff both for knowledge and entertainment. Granted, the younger ones probably not as much as the older ones.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I'll bet she knows all about white privilege and how racist this country is.
She also knows all about the urgent need for new gun laws. Really she does. Roll Eyes

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2078 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
As soon as the dude w/ the Carhatt beanie came on, I knew he was going to get it right.

I know, it's profiling. But sometimes, you can tell something about people by what they wear. Not always but sometimes.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Not even close, it wasn't over until Switzerland dropped the A Bomb on the Japanese in Normandy which caused the Berlin Wall to fall.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post