SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fox News Fires ‘America’s Newsroom’ Co-Host Ed Henry After Sexual Misconduct Investigation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fox News Fires ‘America’s Newsroom’ Co-Host Ed Henry After Sexual Misconduct Investigation Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted
Fox News Fires ‘America’s Newsroom’ Co-Host Ed Henry After Sexual Misconduct Investigation

“America’s Newsroom” co-anchor Ed Henry is out at Fox News following an accusation of “willful sexual misconduct in the workplace years ago,” according to an internal memo from Fox News Media CEO Suzanne Scott and Fox News Media President & Executive Editor Jay Wallace.

The decision was announced Wednesday, six days after the company received the complaint from the lawyer for the former employee accusing Henry. He was suspended, per the memo, on June 25, the day the accusation was made, then fired based on the findings of an outside law firm that was retained that same day.

Douglas Wigdor, the attorney for the unnamed accuser, declined to comment further Wednesday.

Henry co-hosted the Fox News program opposite Sandra Smith since January 2020. He replaced Bill Hemmer. The network will fill Henry’s spot with rotating anchors until a permanent replacement is found.

In their staff memo Wednesday, Scott and Wallace wrote, “As all of you know, in January 2017 we overhauled our entire Human Resources operation and instituted extensive mandatory annual inclusion and Harassment Prevention training which has since educated our entire workforce.”

They went on, “We encourage any employee who has a sexual harassment, discrimination or misconduct complaint of any form to report it immediately, as we have said repeatedly over the last four years.”

The executives went on to list internal methods by which employees can make reports of accusations and complaints.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertai...sroom-131358295.html

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
We stopped watching television in 2013 so I had to image search him. I’ve not seen him before. Interesting that it comes out even after the ‘me too’ purge has evaporated. Wonder what the back story is. Maybe stopped making his hush money payments.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29699 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
Six days from receipt of complaint to firing? And that include a weekend. That has to be some sort of record for an 'investigation'.

Posts: 7311 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I give just enough of a crap to post that without knowing the nature of the offense, the time elapsed (the wording in the article suggests several years), and (overlapping with the second) the timing, (i.e., just coming out now) I'll reserve judgement. I'll probably have forgotten in a few hours. Razz

Posts: 27957 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
WTF..? Ed Henry? There won't be a male left standing at that network at this pace.

The workplace is a minefield these days.
Careful, boys.

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mod29:
WTF..? Ed Henry? There won't be a male left standing at that network at this pace.

That was my initial reaction as well. I'd like to know more details, specifically what the allegation is.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
My “crystal ball” says there is a tape of the infraction or multiple sources of his past.
For them to toss him that quick.

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fla. Jim:
My “crystal ball” says there is a tape of the infraction or multiple sources of his past.

That or an admission of guilt.

Never mind you’re probably correct.

Posts: 3920 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
quote:
Originally posted by Fla. Jim:

That or an admission of guilt.

Never mind you’re probably correct.
That or like every chickenshit news organization today, they opted to sacrifice someone to escape any additional attention. Since "MeToo" is bullshit, the media is not to be trusted, and no real tangible evidence of anything has been provided, I'll simply say this is just more of the same and let it go at that.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I HATE the Washington Post, but this has a few more details that are presumably accurate:

https://www.washingtonpost.com...9f921026f_story.html

Fox News fires anchor Ed Henry after sexual misconduct allegation

By Jeremy Barr
July 1, 2020 at 9:08 a.m. CDT

Fox News Channel has abruptly terminated anchor Ed Henry after a former co-worker accused him of what the network described as “sexual misconduct in the workplace years ago.”

According to a memo sent to employees on Wednesday morning, an attorney representing a former Fox employee sent a complaint to the network last Thursday. The network responded by suspending Henry, removing him from the air, and launching an independent investigation.

“Based on investigative findings, Ed has been terminated,” Fox News CEO Suzanne Scott and President Jay Wallace said in the memo.

Henry, 48, who joined Fox from CNN in 2011, was named co-anchor of the morning news show “America’s Newsroom” in December, hosting the three-hour daily show alongside Sandra Smith. He will be replaced with “rotating news anchors” until his replacement is chosen.

Smith announced Henry’s firing in a brief on-air statement Wednesday morning. She told viewers that Scott and Wallace “emphasized that we will continue to strive to maintain a safe and inclusive workplace for all employees.”

It appears to be a second offense for Henry, who was off the air for nearly four months in 2016 after In Touch magazine published text messages between him and a Las Vegas hostess and stripper with whom he was alleged to have had a 10-month extramarital affair. Fox insiders say that the latest allegations are unrelated to the 2016 one, which prompted Fox to reassign him from the White House to national politics.

He is a veteran Washington reporter, having spent eight years covering Capitol Hill for Roll Call and then joining CNN in 2006 as a correspondent. He became the network’s White House correspondent two years later, and stayed on that beat when he jumped to Fox News. He also served a term as president of the White House Correspondents’ Association.

On “America’s Newsroom,” he had replaced Bill Hemmer, who took over for Shepard Smith as the network’s 3 p.m. news host. Fox staffers said Wednesday that the newsroom was shocked and stunned by the announcement of his firing.

The former colleague who accused Henry of sexual misconduct is represented by attorney Douglas Wigdor, who has represented women in a number of high-profile discrimination and sexual harassment cases, including 20 women who have leveled complaints over their treatment while working at Fox and several who made allegations against Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein. Wigdor also briefly represented Tara Reade, the former Senate staffer who accused Joe Biden of sexually assaulting her in 1993, a charge Biden categorically denied; Wigdor stopped representing her after less than two weeks.

Wigdor said on Wednesday that he is “not presently at liberty to share any further information” about the claim against Henry.

In the memo, Fox restated the company’s policy on such misconduct: “Fox News Media strictly prohibits all forms of sexual harassment, misconduct, and discrimination. We will continue striving to maintain a safe and inclusive workplace for all employees.”

In July 2016, then-Fox News chairman Roger Ailes left the network after an external investigation that was launched after former anchor Gretchen Carlson sued him for sexual harassment. The network’s biggest star, conservative commentator Bill O’Reilly, was fired in 2017 after revelations that he had settled five misconduct allegations for more than $40 million, settlements partially paid by Fox itself. Eric Bolling, a co-host of “The Five” discussion program, departed Fox later that same year amid allegations that he sent lewd photos to co-workers.

By Wednesday morning, Fox News Channel removed Henry’s biography page.

Paul Farhi contributed to this report.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
The former colleague who accused Henry of sexual misconduct is represented by attorney Douglas Wigdor, who has represented women in a number of high-profile discrimination and sexual harassment cases, including 20 women who have leveled complaints over their treatment while working at Fox and several who made allegations against Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein. Wigdor also briefly represented Tara Reade, the former Senate staffer who accused Joe Biden of sexually assaulting her in 1993, a charge Biden categorically denied; Wigdor stopped representing her after less than two weeks.

Things that make you go 'Hmmmmmmm.'

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Brian Kilmeade just did a show in the White House, I bet he is next!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Too bad, I liked the guy.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
What did he do, exactly?

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
What did he do, exactly?

Are you asking about which sexual act, position? I’m sure we can imagine. Big Grin

Posts: 29699 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
And ...

Ed Henry is married to NPR Chief Washington Editor Shirley (Hung) Henry.

They met when both were at CNN, when he was snr White House correspondent, and Shirley Hung was acting as senior producer.

Ed's new book "Saving Colleen" is on hold.
The book is about his sister, the story of battling a degenerative liver disease during COVID-19.

As a baseball lover, Ed's other book is the backstory of faith that guided Jackie Robinson - 42 Faith.

Like others on this thread, waiting for more information as to what has transpired.

Speculation at this time is pointless.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Like others on this thread, waiting for more information as to what has transpired.
Speculation at this time is pointless.

Yeah... seemed like a decent guy but... well, who knows?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24116 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
HALF!!!!

Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
I don't know whether the guy is guilty, or not.

I have to remember that fiasco during the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings. The ones where a number of women lined up and committed perjury with their sexual charges against him! None of which were true.

And, it took all these years for the idea that a woman (women) had been sexually abused?!?

Something rotten going on in this country with all this craziness over sexual harassment stuff.

I am more inclined to believe that there is a lot of "strange" goings on.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

Indeed, strange times.

The strange walk among us.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post