SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Subaru Forester opinions?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Subaru Forester opinions? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
CVT's have a worrisome reputation for longevity. But with what they have done to automatics, it may be a draw now

Posts: 1401 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have had 3 Foresters and my wife loves them. I still like my truck. They last forever, or so it seems.

Posts: 937 | Location: Greeley, CO | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
On my 3rd Forester. I had a 2004 XT, a 2014 XT and now a 2017 XT Touring. I love this vehicle. Plenty of zip, and great grip. Comfortable to drive and it has all of the creature comforts.

My wife got lucky and gets the 2018 WRX.

Posts: 4012 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:My only real gripe so far was that the factory Yokohama tires were shit. I had to replace them at around 30k.

A guy I shoot with here in the east of England is one of the main regional Subaru dealers, and he has great deals on virtually as-new Yokohama tyres from his car stock. He changes them out instantly on arrival for another premium brand - I don't recall which.

With UK roads the way they are around here - more like Albania than a First World nation - getting 15,000 out of the OE tyres is unusual, especially in view of the recommendation to change all four at the same time that persists around here.

Posts: 11314 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Subaru began offering that 2.5L in the Crosstrek which may be in my future.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
My mother is now on her 4th Forrester... she's traded in every couple of years for the newer model. Says they have all have held their value and the dealership had made great offers for the upgrade.

She absolutely loves them, and she can't see driving anything else at this point.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
I love my 2015 Forester. 20 in town 26-28 on the highway. Has good handling and is comfortable. More cargo space than most suv's and I love the touring editions amenitites!

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes that 2.5 in the Crosstrek literally fixes my only mild complaint on my 17 Crosstrek. It was ok at 152hp. 30 extra horses make it a much nicer ride. Plus the safety features which I know many hate, are top shelf in this middle of the market arena. The lane centering is way better than my 19 Toyota. I just turn it off in my car. I really like my Toyota but I think the 21 Crosstrek with the 2.5 are pretty hard to beat. And yes my head is like an anvil but the CVT in it is smooth and responsive! lol

Edited to add: I forgot to mention another thing I love about Subaru. The gas tank is over 16 gallons. Compared to my Toyota at 13.2 it adds an extra 100+ mile range to the vehicle at no real downside.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pedropcola,

Posts: 7446 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post