SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My UPS Tracking is showing a train derailment as the delay
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My UPS Tracking is showing a train derailment as the delay Login/Join 
Picture of lkdr1989
posted
I'm guessing it was the derailment in Medura???

https://www.mercedsunstar.com/...rticle213398129.html

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Hard to believe they use trains to deliver when the pony express is available.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Hard to believe they use trains to deliver when the pony express is available.

Ground means ground. They aggregate and containerize items destined for the same regional sorting centers and put 'em on trains.

You want air, pay for air.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is reason number 23 out of a possible thousand choices. I heard that the four oclock stage would be picking it up shortly. No worries unless Indians attack.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Hard to believe, but there was a time when you filled out an order form for goods you wished to purchase and actually mailed it to the company you were purchasing from. Sometime later, like magic, your purchase arrived and you had no clue really, where it came from or how it got to you. You were just happy to get what you ordered.

Posts: 10824 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I heard that the four oclock stage

It didn't say which stage, or which 4 o'clock.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Can't they just put the train back on the tracks, like I did with my HO train set? Razz

Posts: 9002 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I've actually seen derailments listed a number of times on tracking updates.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I heard that the four oclock stage

It didn't say which stage, or which 4 o'clock.

Just put it on the 3:10 to Yuma.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
a few years ago, a Luger I sold to a gentleman in Birmingham was on the UPS plane that crashed. i was notified that all pkgs were either destroyed or contaminated and would be destroyed.

That day, I returned the Buyer's money. Two days later, he rec'd the pkg. which had been re-packaged.

Within 30 days, i rec'd a refund from UPS for shipping charges, as it was not delivered overnight.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Hard to believe, but there was a time when you filled out an order form for goods you wished to purchase and actually mailed it to the company you were purchasing from. Sometime later, like magic, your purchase arrived and you had no clue really, where it came from or how it got to you. You were just happy to get what you ordered.

I remember filling out those little paper forms. The area to write was too damn small. You had to pay for shipping AND handling. Big Grin 4-6 weeks later, you got your stuff in the mail.

Seems like that was forever ago.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It doesn't matter if you ship with UPS, USPS or FedEx, if you choose "ground", all of the shippers containers end up on the same train, together, from point A to point B.

Posts: 486 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post