SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Picture of Mech
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to another 6.99 years! Big Grin

Posts: 1160 | Location: SW Washington, Support Sporting Systems! | Registered: March 27, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Pres. Trump has accomplished a lot of great things for our Country during his first year. I think that he has also learned just how to get things done, and who to help with it. I feel that there is a lot more winning coming!!!

Posts: 6599 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Here’s to seven more!

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.wsj.com/articles/t...-heats-up-1516453200

Trucking fleets are charging higher prices to move freight around the country. But it is an open question whether the companies or their drivers will reap the windfall.

With the economy humming, retailers and manufacturers are looking to hire thousands more trucks to haul clothing, construction equipment and other goods. Trucking companies can choose which loads to take on. In December, the most recent month for which data is available,​ carriers charged​ an average 22% more ​than they did a year ago in the spot market, where shippers can hire trucks on short notice, according to DAT ​Solutions LLC.

Trucking companies can’t add capacity fast enough to take advantage of the flood of new business. Fleets say they are plowing a hefty portion of the extra revenue from shippers into recruiting drivers. Many expect to raise pay later this year. Even then, “unseated trucks”—big rigs that could be hired out but have nobody to drive them—are becoming more common.

Carriers are also investing in new equipment. In December, fleets ordered 37,500 big rigs, the highest monthly total in over three years, according to ACT Research.

“Can you find trucks? Can you find drivers? That’s the biggest factor,” said Ravi Shanker, an analyst with Morgan Stanley. “You’re probably going to get a lot of freight... but at the same time hiring drivers is going to be really hard.”

Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
I hope drivers get a big bump in pay!

quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/t...-heats-up-1516453200

Trucking fleets are charging higher prices to move freight around the country. But it is an open question whether the companies or their drivers will reap the windfall.

With the economy humming, retailers and manufacturers are looking to hire thousands more trucks to haul clothing, construction equipment and other goods. Trucking companies can choose which loads to take on. In December, the most recent month for which data is available,​ carriers charged​ an average 22% more ​than they did a year ago in the spot market, where shippers can hire trucks on short notice, according to DAT ​Solutions LLC.

Trucking companies can’t add capacity fast enough to take advantage of the flood of new business. Fleets say they are plowing a hefty portion of the extra revenue from shippers into recruiting drivers. Many expect to raise pay later this year. Even then, “unseated trucks”—big rigs that could be hired out but have nobody to drive them—are becoming more common.

Carriers are also investing in new equipment. In December, fleets ordered 37,500 big rigs, the highest monthly total in over three years, according to ACT Research.

“Can you find trucks? Can you find drivers? That’s the biggest factor,” said Ravi Shanker, an analyst with Morgan Stanley. “You’re probably going to get a lot of freight... but at the same time hiring drivers is going to be really hard.”

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Much more "swamp draining" is needed.

Go Trump!

Posts: 13666 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Report This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I am proud to say, he is my President.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
http://video.foxnews.com/v/571...4001/?#sp=show-clips

President Trump's first year in office: A look back

Jan. 20, 2018 - 4:33 - January 20, 2018 marks the one year anniversary of President Trump taking office. Here is a look back at the ups and downs of 365 days unlike any other in American politics.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
He's done pretty well for a guy learning on the job. As time goes on he should only get better as more of the obstacles move out of the way and lessons learned help guide him.
Hopefully the effects of the tax cuts will show anybody on the fence that getting the leftists out of policymaking is a good thing.
When everyone that counts benefits, people that work, pay taxes, and actually show up to vote sees that they can't go back to the old ways, the mid terms should give more momentum and the second two years will be the best.

Posts: 9439 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
If you want to make up stuff, maybe you should go to work for Walt Disney.

Now that is the best thing I have read all day. thanks, Jim!

Posts: 201 | Location: Boyce, VA | Registered: March 25, 2012Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rch73:
If you want to make up stuff, maybe you should go to work for Walt Disney.

Now that is the best thing I have read all day. thanks, Jim!
Walt would not have touched anything the Dems are pushing; the current leadership of the company, I wouldn't bet on it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
most people need to compare their January 15th pay stub and their January 30th pay stub

see which way they were better off

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53071 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
"Once again President Trump gets a bunch of angry overweight women out to exercise. That man can do anything!".... Big Grin

Posts: 1802 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
2 black leaders see the promise of the Trump administration

https://www.lifezette.com/poli...-rights-leader-says/

Niger Innis, spokesman for the Congress of Racial Equality (CORE)

Shelby Steele, senior fellow at the Hoover Institution

Innis: “[Democrats] are terrified that this president gets somewhere north of 10 to 15 percent of the black vote,” “And they’re terrified because, if that happens, then it is first of all, mathematically, electorally impossible for a Democrat to win.”

“But more than that, it is because they are so invested in having a monopoly of the black vote, and that monopoly is based on blacks as forever seeing themselves as victims, forever seeing themselves as victims of racism, of economic depravity of the white man.”

Steele: “Racism is absolutely their only source of power on the American political scene,” “And so they’re just hysterical with happiness when they find racism … The fact is, without racism, they would not exist. They would not be in power.”

Steele said African-Americans, after a long, historic struggle, now have the same opportunities — and responsibilities — as all Americans.

“We are completely, absolutely free to do anything we want to do in life. Well, that puts the Left out of business,” he said. “They have no one to save anymore, no one to redeem.”

Steele criticized Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.) — a legendary figure from the 1960s civl rights movement — for choosing to skip Trump’s first State of the Union speech later this month.

“John Lewis is a figure of pathos,” he said. “He’s sad, because he’s completely outside, does not understand the historical moment he’s living in.”

“There is a race extortion game where the race card is used as a dramatic weapon of destruction, and that’s what’s going on right now against the president,” he said. “And it is unfortunate.”

Steele said Trump should keep hammering on economic opportunity for Americans of all backgrounds.

“I would take that all-boats-rise theme if I were Donald Trump,” he said. “It’s in line with his own background with his own entrepreneurial spirit.”

Steele said the thinking of many black leaders is obsolete.

“They’re acting as though this is America in 1965. It isn’t,” he said. “And so they’re not helpful in any way. They’re holding their own people down.”

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
most people need to compare their January 15th pay stub and their January 30th pay stub

see which way they were better off

Very good way to look at it. I'm looking forward to seeing how president Trump's "popularity" ratings move when the working class realizes more income. Me thinks it's going up, up, up.

Thank you Mr President!

Posts: 7517 | Registered: October 31, 2008Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
2 black leaders see the promise of the Trump administration

https://www.lifezette.com/poli...-rights-leader-says/

Niger Innis, spokesman for the Congress of Racial Equality (CORE)

Shelby Steele, senior fellow at the Hoover Institution

Innis: “[Democrats] are terrified that this president gets somewhere north of 10 to 15 percent of the black vote,” “And they’re terrified because, if that happens, then it is first of all, mathematically, electorally impossible for a Democrat to win.”

“But more than that, it is because they are so invested in having a monopoly of the black vote, and that monopoly is based on blacks as forever seeing themselves as victims, forever seeing themselves as victims of racism, of economic depravity of the white man.”

Steele: “Racism is absolutely their only source of power on the American political scene,” “And so they’re just hysterical with happiness when they find racism … The fact is, without racism, they would not exist. They would not be in power.”

Steele said African-Americans, after a long, historic struggle, now have the same opportunities — and responsibilities — as all Americans.

“We are completely, absolutely free to do anything we want to do in life. Well, that puts the Left out of business,” he said. “They have no one to save anymore, no one to redeem.”

Steele criticized Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.) — a legendary figure from the 1960s civl rights movement — for choosing to skip Trump’s first State of the Union speech later this month.

“John Lewis is a figure of pathos,” he said. “He’s sad, because he’s completely outside, does not understand the historical moment he’s living in.”

“There is a race extortion game where the race card is used as a dramatic weapon of destruction, and that’s what’s going on right now against the president,” he said. “And it is unfortunate.”

Steele said Trump should keep hammering on economic opportunity for Americans of all backgrounds.

“I would take that all-boats-rise theme if I were Donald Trump,” he said. “It’s in line with his own background with his own entrepreneurial spirit.”

Steele said the thinking of many black leaders is obsolete.

“They’re acting as though this is America in 1965. It isn’t,” he said. “And so they’re not helpful in any way. They’re holding their own people down.”

The same thing needs to be said about the left and how they regard immigration. They are trying to constantly replenish the supply of the dependent underclass society. Whether they are black or brown does not matter because they they look at them as a voting block and nothing more.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8499 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Still no cattle cars and death camps. Guys, I think we been bamboozled and Trump isn't literally Hitler.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
I was still in school when Ross Perot ran for President. I remember thinking of what kind of changes we could face having a business man instead of a politician in the White House.

So far it's everything I had hoped it would be back then.

I am ashamed, but none to proud to admit that I ridiculed Ross Perot, and now, seeing what happened after his bid, and now, the results of the Trump Train delivering load after load of MAGA, that I am pretty sure I was wrong about Ross.

I am grateful the majority, elected DJT.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43793 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Smile

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Here are some thoughts that try to tie together a number of reports floating around about the classified Nunes 4 page memo.

Dave Joyce is a member of congress (R, Ohio). He is not on the House Intel Comm. But Joyce tweeted:
“Great news! Our efforts to #ReleaseTheMemo have been effective and the HPSIC plans to begin the process to release the FBI/FISA/Russia memo. This may take up to 19+ Congressional work days but Americans deserve to know the truth.”

HPSIC = House Permanent Select Intelligence Committee

Normally called the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (chaired by Devin Nunes)

Rep Adam Schiff (top DEM on the House Intel Comm):
the memo was a "profoundly misleading set of talking points drafted by Republican staff attacking the FBI and its handling of the investigation."

"Rife with factual inaccuracies and referencing highly classified materials that most of Republican Intelligence Committee members were forced to acknowledge they had never read, this is meant only to give Republican House members a distorted view of the FBI,"

"This may help carry White House water, but it is a deep disservice to our law enforcement professionals."

All DEMs on the House Intel Comm voted to not release the 4 page memo to the full House of Reps.

A number of people have made comments that this memo “is only the beginning” with much more to come.

Now pulling from

https://theconservativetreehou...on-memo/#more-144795

House Intel Comm plans to vote to declassify the memo, then send to the Executive Branch for review and approval.

The 4 page memo is short . It is a summary. It probably does not include the underlying FISA documentation that it summarizes.

“The underlying FISA documentation likely includes the DOJ/FBI FISA application as presented to the FISA court; again, likely to include the “Clinton/Steele Dossier”.”
“Additionally, the FISA-702 raw data will include the FBI “searches” on Trump officials that led to the upstream collection of information and the subsequent “unmasking” of Trump officials.”

FISA warrant applications are said to be hundreds of pages long. Any FISA application has to be approved at the highest levels of the Justice Department and the FBI.

This might tie into Schiff’s statement of “referencing highly classified materials that most of Republican Intelligence Committee members were forced to acknowledge they had never read”

What might be “much more to come” ?

Chuck Grassley (Sen Judiciary Comm) and Bob Goodlatte (House Judiciary Comm) are looking at the Steele dossier and FBI/DoJ corruption.

Michael Horowitz is the DoJ Inspector General. He was tasked in January 2017 to examine:

The DoJ IG report is expected to be out roughly in the May 2018 time frame.

Bottom line, the 4 page memo may indeed just be the initial input of a set of much deeper reports. DEMs are already attacking the 4 page memo as ”a profoundly misleading set of talking points”

Almost everything above is sourced in the Conservative Treehouse linked article.