SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Good news, if true…

“WASHINGTON (AP) — Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who appointed special counsel Robert Mueller and remains his most visible Justice Department protector, is expected to leave his position soon after William Barr is confirmed as attorney general, a person familiar with the plans said Wednesday…”

https://apnews.com/e2dbab5bdd2140c88d09a6543e4cfcf5

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8935 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
This was funny. RT has some good ones.

quote:
Angry parents & a paltry podium: Pelosi & Schumer make perfect meme fodder with joint address

https://www.rt.com/usa/448356-...-memes-trump-speech/

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
[exchange between Chris Cuomo and Don Lemon]

How messed up is it when Chris Cuomo is a voice of reason?!

Posts: 27930 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
WATCH: Brian Williams, James Carville Rip The Pelosi & Schumer Response Video

"I've been more excited about colonoscopies than he was giving the speech tonight."

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Did Pelosi & Schumer even blink?? Pelosi & Schumer looked like a couple of Amusement park androids that escape from Futureworld or Westworld !

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Even Rush is having fun with memes... meet the undertakers:

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16196 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
We can hope Big Grin...

What was Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez doing, making a third Democratic response to Trump's wall speech?
By Monica Showalter

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is making herself an even bigger headache to her fellow Democrats, giving a wild third response to President Trump's speech, which pretty well eclipses the Democrats' carefully crafted messaging.

This shows just what a mess the Democrats are these days, and how she's happy to be their problem.

The Trump speech started as a duel between Trump, who spoke out about a border wall last night, and not one, but two Democratic responders. That had a precedent in how a State of the Union address response goes to the other party, but the Democrats couldn't even agree on a single responder. They had a pair of them, hoping to hog more camera time, perhaps, but it came at a cost of a unified message. Nancy Pelosi, who leads the House, was a logical response agent, but Democrats went and put New York Senate minority leader Chuck Schumer up there as well. The result, as they stared out at the TV cameras together, all botoxed and heavily made up, was "American Gothic," except maybe with oily game show hosts instead of farmers. The image was so strong (and not in a good way) that it was hard to pay attention to whatever their words were.

Trump spoke of national security and crimes against Americans as the result of an open border. Pelosi and Schumer responded with a twofold split defense of government worker paychecks, which is not a great topic of sympathy for U.S. workers, given the former's bloatedness, along with a "trust us: we'll discuss border security after the shutdown is over; just open the government," which, coming from Schumer, came off as credibility-challenged. (Where was he in the discussion of this in the first two years of the Trump administration?) It was odd stuff, seeing him up there. He's the Senate minority leader, not the power guy, so just his being there making forked-tongue promises looked like an ego trip.

But that was the least of it. Now we have incoming, buck private-ranked Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez weighing in for a third Democratic response, the voice of the radical left, and her messaging was way out in left field compared to the other two. Pelosi and Schumer, whatever the weakness of their message, did try to come off as mainstream and compassionate so as to win voters over. They didn't call Americans rats for not liking illegal alien crime; they didn't promise illegals more goodies or argue much for the lawbreakers' interests over those of American citizens. They were actually trying to persuade by making Trump look like the unreasonable one. And don't think their bid to seize the "narrative" wasn't carefully and painstakingly crafted.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.co...h.html#ixzz5c8gPB05J

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jprebb:
I watched the Presidential Address on NBC. After it was over Lester Holtz and Chuck Todd used the word "dubious" 3 or 4 times in about 2 minutes referencing the President Trump's remarks.

Biased assholes! Mad Mad Mad

JP

Yep.

I didn't watch the address last night (since the wife and I cut the cord), but when I walked past a TV elsewhere this morning the "news" anchor was just starting their story on the address with the following sentence (paraphrased): "President Donald Trump took to the airwaves last night for a 14 minute national address riddled with factual innacuracies..." and then proceeded to launch into how/why he was wrong as I walked away.

Not "here's a report on what the President said last night, in case you missed it". That would actually be reporting the news. Just "the President said some stuff last night and IT WAS WRONG AND HERE'S WHY!!!!1".

I don't recall the channel, but it was one of the major basic networks.

Reason #473 why I don't watch TV.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Yep.

I didn't watch the address last night (since the wife and I cut the cord), but when I walked past a TV elsewhere this morning the "news" anchor was just starting their story on the address with the following sentence (paraphrased): "President Donald Trump took to the airwaves last night for a 14 minute national address riddled with factual innacuracies..." and then proceeded to launch into how/why he was wrong as I walked away.

Not "here's a report on what the President said last night, in case you missed it". That would actually be reporting the news. Just "the President said some stuff last night and IT WAS WRONG AND HERE'S WHY!!!!1".

I don't recall the channel, but it was one of the major basic networks.

Reason #473 why I don't watch TV.

That's not journalism they practice, it's all opinion.

They are TERRIFIED that Trump will get through to average Americans with his message and the people will start pressuring their Congresspeople to give him the money he needs.

Posts: 33777 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
and that's how you deal with libs... Fuck you, no point in talking to you. Bye

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Report This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

Keep it up DJT!!!

MAGA Baby!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Report This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

Like the spoiled little twats they are. Just tell them what the adults are planning to do and leave before they throw themselves to the floor in a fit.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Report This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:

lol crazy eyes back in my 20s i remember waking up and seeing those eyes and saying to myself crap what did i get myself into now Eek

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
lol crazy eyes back in my 20s i remember waking up and seeing those eyes and saying to myself crap what did i get myself into now Eek

LOL: Never date someone more crazy than yourself!
In the long run, that's more important than looks.

-rduckwor

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Mike Pence:

The President asked Pelosi if he reopened the govt, would she be willing to fund a border wall or barrier.

She said no.

President Trump said goodbye.

https://youtu.be/aKfwFo1o0TI

posted Hide Post
The Democrats are used to Republicans folding at every turn. Finally a President with a pair.

Posts: 12660 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
The Democrats are used to Republicans folding at every turn. Finally a President with a pair.

Yep, Democrats are frustrated because they can't manipulate him according to his supposed creed.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
This was funny. RT has some good ones.

quote:
Angry parents & a paltry podium: Pelosi & Schumer make perfect meme fodder with joint address

https://www.rt.com/usa/448356-...-memes-trump-speech/

You know SNL is going to have a field day with the "joint speakers" meme.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
If Walls Don't Work, Why Does Obama Have a Wall Around his House?

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Why do I keep hearing the theme to Green Acres whenever I see the pic of Chuck n Nancy?

Da na nana nunt, na nunt

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Report This Post