SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Who cares? President Trump could fire the guy by CandyGram for all I care. You guys want to make something of him firing a guy that's halfway around the world? BFD

Be sure to pick up your "I was brainwashed by the lying leftist news media" t-shirts.

AHAHAH candy gram.

Yes, we all wanted someone who wasnt tradtitional and I personally wanted someone to run the US like a business. Well this is it. People getting replaced/fired left and right for not performing. No more I can't fire Timmy cause it's Christmas and then Presidents and then well summer's just a bad to fire someone BS. You underperform, your reassigned.

I suspect this is all a dog and pony show anyway to control the narrative. Tillerson said he "got called up" by trump from retirement and was looking forward to retiring in one of his interviews. Seems to me he was a placeholder until Trump could determine who wasn't a part of the swamp.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ggile:
Trump may not have fired him over Twitter, but he didn't fire him face to face either. Quote from WaPo article; "The news was not conveyed in person by Trump." Tillerson was in Africa when he got the news.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

New C.I.A. Deputy Director, Gina Haspel...

She sounds perfect.

What's wrong with a little splashy face and some wall-to-wall counseling.

Beatings? Nah, that was massage therapy.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
The chump at State who was putting out the story that Tillerson didn't know he was being fired was fired as well. Good to see some of these people actually facing consequences for their stupidity.

https://apnews.com/6b3fe76623e...tter_impression=true

Now that Rex Tillerson and a key aide are out at the State Department, there are vacancies at the top of the department.

President Donald Trump on Tuesday fired Tillerson, and the White House sacked a top aide, Under Secretary of State for Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs Steve Goldstein. Goldstein had contradicted the official account of how Tillerson was notified of his termination.

The remaining top echelon of officials now consists of Deputy Secretary of State John Sullivan and the department’s No. 3, Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs Tom Shannon, who in January announced he would retire as soon as his successor is chosen.

Goldstein had been in his position for only three months and had angered the White House with previous comments about Trump. On Tuesday, he issued a statement in his name saying that Tillerson had not spoken with Trump and was “unaware of the reason” for his dismissal. He also told reporters that Tillerson had learned of Trump’s decision with the president’s tweet.

State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert is expected to replace Goldstein at least temporarily, according to officials.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
interesting replacement

isns't Heather Nauert a former Fox News employee?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Get ready to hear wall-to-wall A White House in Disarray! type reporting tonight.
Mad

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
interesting replacement

isns't Heather Nauert a former Fox News employee?

Yes, but she's been a part of Trump's State department since he took office.

I always liked her. I always thought she was one of the smarter women at fox. So far I've been very impressed with her at State.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
granted, this is from WND. Even so, this would make sense as the reason to get rid of Tillerson. That, and he had served his purpose, a respectable international face to introduce the Trump admin / agenda to the world. Changing over to Pompeo means "look out world - time to get on board with Team USA, as you are with us or against us. And being against us may be terminal..

HE WENT 'ROGUE'! REAL REASON TRUMP FIRED TILLERSON

Sources say secretary of state undermined White House on Iran nuke deal

Even though tensions had been mounting between President Trump and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson for months, a new report indicates the president abruptly fired Tillerson because he went “rogue” and tried to save the Iran nuclear deal.

President Trump has repeatedly insisted that the nuclear deal with Iran must be fixed or abandoned by the U.S.

The reason for Tillerson’s firing was revealed by the Washington Free Beacon in a report that cited “multiple sources with knowledge of the situation.” The Free Beacon stated:

In the weeks leading up to Tillerson’s departure, he had been spearheading efforts to convince European allies to agree to a range of
fixes to the nuclear deal that would address Iran’s ongoing ballistic missile program and continued nuclear research.

While Trump had prescribed a range of fixes that he viewed as tightening the deal’s flaws, Tillerson recently caved to European
pressure to walk back these demands and appease Tehran while preserving the deal, according to these sources. …

White House allies warned Tillerson’s senior staff for weeks that efforts to save the nuclear deal and balk on Trump’s key demands
regarding the deal could cost Tillerson his job, a warning that became reality Tuesday when Trump fired Tillerson by tweet.

CIA Director Mike Pompeo will replace Tillerson. Pompeo served in Congress and has a history of drawing a hard line on Iran. He is expected to advocate many of the solutions proposed by Trump such as banning Iran’s ballistic missile program and pushing for strict penalties if Iran breaches the agreement.

Rumors have indicated for months that Tillerson could be forced to resign. But multiple sources told the Free Beacon that the former secretary of state repeatedly tried to push his own diplomatic agenda, especially on Iran, and the Trump administration simply had enough.

The White House reportedly told Tillerson Friday that the change was coming.

On Tuesday morning, President Trump told reporters that he made the decision to oust Tillerson “by myself.” Trump also expressed his concerns about the nuclear deal with Iran, saying he has felt it may be time to end it.

“Rex and I have been talking about this for a long time,” Trump said. “We got along, actually, quite well. But we disagreed on things. When you look at the Iran deal, I think it’s terrible. I guess he thought it was OK. I wanted to either break it or do something, and he felt a little bit differently. So we were not really thinking the same. With Mike Pompeo, we have a very similar thought process. I think it’s going to go very well. Rex is a very good man. I like Rex a lot. I really appreciate his commitment and his service. And I’ll be speaking to Rex over a long period of time

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2018/03/he-...#OBwhEibXezbqP74Z.99

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

New C.I.A. Deputy Director, Gina Haspel...

She sounds perfect.

What's wrong with a little splashy face and some wall-to-wall counseling.

Beatings? Nah, that was massage therapy.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
^^^

love it

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I check the overseas news to get a good explanation of events. This should put Iran on notice.
quote:
Trump: I fired Tillerson over Iran nuclear deal

http://www.israelnationalnews....ews/News.aspx/243108

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by braillediver:
I check the overseas news to get a good explanation of events. This should put Iran on notice.[QUOTE]

Might also put some top ranking bureaucrats in D.C. on notice also.

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
My question is how in the world Tillerson decided the shameful, treasonous Iran Nuclear agreement was worth supporting.

Giving billions of US taxpayer dollars to a country that has vowed to destroy Israel? Allowing them to continue with nuclear research?

What's going to happen is that sometime within the next few years, Israel will feel compelled to strike Iran with nuclear weapons in order to save itself. Anyone who supports Obama's anti-semitic bullshit will be complicit in bringing this to pass, and that goes for you, too, Rex.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
It seemed to me when Tillerson took over at State he was beseiged by the career liberal bureaucracy and didn't have the spine to stand up to them. The effete liberals at State hate the United States and everything it stands for in the world and would love to see us humbled before the mullahs of Iran.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Our new CIA director. Gina Haspel. looks like a solid choice.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Here is a lengthy review of the Clinton/DNC/FBI/Media Russian Collusion story, from various angles.

https://www.nationalreview.com...inton-dnc-fbi-media/

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
Our new CIA director. Gina Haspel. looks like a solid choice.

This choice should make the Dem's life hell trying to find a way to vote against her confirmation. After all, that whole #metoo thing kinda falls apart when you don't support women in management.

Of course the protector of American liberty, John McCain has already weighed in against her given she was managing part of the black sites during the Bush administration. Hmmm, I thought this guy might have expired by now.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Rand Paul will be an asshole too.

https://www.washingtonexaminer...to-run-state-and-cia

Sen. Rand Paul announced Wednesday he will oppose the nominations of both Mike Pompeo and Gina Haspel, who President Trump has selected to serve as secretary of state and CIA director, respectively.

Paul, R-Ky., pledged “I’m going to do everything I can to block them,” and was particularly critical of Haspel

Paul voted against Pompeo when he was confirmed as the head of the CIA last year.

Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Do it Jeffy, do it now Razz

Attorney General Jeff Sessions is considering firing top FBI official Andrew McCabe before he officially retires from the bureau in a few days, a move that could deprive the outgoing deputy director of pension benefits, Fox News has confirmed.

Sources said if McCabe is terminated by close of business this Friday, that would mean McCabe would not receive a government pension.

“The Department follows a prescribed process by which an employee may be terminated,” DOJ spokeswoman Sarah Isgur Flores said in a statement. “That process includes recommendations from career employees and no termination decision is final until the conclusion of that process. We have no personnel announcements at this time.”

According to the New York Times, which first reported the story, the Justice Department’s inspector general concluded in an upcoming report that McCabe has not been forthcoming with its investigation to how the FBI handled its probe into Hillary Clinton's email server.

The inspector general’s finding sparked an FBI disciplinary process that recommended his firing, something Sessions can accept or reverse, the paper said.

The inspector general faulted McCabe for his decision to allow officials to speak with reporters about the bureau’s investigation into the Clinton Foundation.

In January, McCabe was "removed" from his post as deputy director, setting in a motion a plan to leave the bureau after months of conflict-of-interest complaints from Republicans including President Trump.

A source at the time told Fox News that McCabe is taking “terminal leave” – effectively taking vacation until he reaches his planned retirement in a matter of weeks.

Republicans have questioned McCabe’s ties to the Democratic Party, considering his wife ran as a Democrat for a Virginia Senate seat in 2015 and got financial help from a group tied to Clinton family ally Terry McAuliffe.

Trump himself has taken at McCabe, drawing attention to the FBI official’s desire to serve at the bureau long enough to receive retirement benefits.

“FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe is racing the clock to retire with full benefits,” Trump tweeted in December. “90 days to go?!!!”

“How can FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, the man in charge, along with leakin’ James Comey, of the Phony Hillary Clinton investigation (including her 33,000 illegally deleted emails) be given $700,000 for wife’s campaign by Clinton Puppets during investigation?” Trump asked last year.

Over the last year, Department of Justice Inspector General Michael Horowitz has been conducting a review of the FBI and DOJ’s actions related to the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server while she was secretary of state.

Horowitz's investigation is looking at a variety of allegations, including whether it was improper for former FBI Director James Comey to make a public announcement about not recommending prosecution over the email arrangement – he also faulted Clinton and her associates for being “extremely careless” with classified information.

Horowitz also is reviewing whether McCabe should have recused himself from the probe early because of his family’s ties to the Democratic Party. (He did not do so until a week before the election.)

Horowitz told lawmakers during a November congressional hearing that he is aiming to release the report in the “March, April time period.”

“We’re moving along quite expeditiously,” Horowitz said at the time.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...-before-retires.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post