SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Donald Jr Trolled her today on Twitter

Donald Trump Jr.

Verified account

@DonaldJTrumpJr
Follow Follow @DonaldJTrumpJr
More Donald Trump Jr. Retweeted Alyssa Milano
So you’re saying you’re for Voter ID so we can make sure to protect our elections??? That’s good to know. Welcome aboard.

Link

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Even Russia wants to Make America Great Again.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Donald Jr Trolled her today on Twitter

Donald Trump Jr.

Verified account

@DonaldJTrumpJr
Follow Follow @DonaldJTrumpJr
More Donald Trump Jr. Retweeted Alyssa Milano
So you’re saying you’re for Voter ID so we can make sure to protect our elections??? That’s good to know. Welcome aboard.

Link

Excellent!!! Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38580 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
It would be perfect timing for PDJT to propose the re-activation of his bi-partisan "Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity", which the Progressives, of course, vehemently opposed and protested by not participating in.

They played themselves right into his hands.

Posts: 3462 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Top Gun Supply
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Alyssa Milano is genuinely, deeply stupid. On top of that, she's uninformed and misinformed. Nothing she says other than "I'll blow you for free" has any meaning.

Coffee right through my nose! Big Grin

https://www.topgunsupply.com

SIG SAUER Dealer and Parts Distributor

Posts: 10338 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 11, 2005Report This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Alyssa Milano is genuinely, deeply stupid. On top of that, she's uninformed and misinformed. Nothing she says other than "I'll blow you for free" has any meaning.

And then only cause it’d make her shut up for a few minutes.

Posts: 13731 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Turley says:

President Trump has ignited yet another firestorm with a tweet admitting that the meeting in Trump Tower between Russians and his son, Donald Trump Jr., was an effort to gather dirt on Hillary Clinton. It contradicts the statement that Trump released to the media in 2016.

CNN anchor Alisyn Camerota and others declared that the tweet makes a criminal charge against Trump an “open and shut case.” It does not. It is not even compelling evidence of a crime, because it is based on an erroneous interpretation of federal election laws. What is most alarming is the failure, again, to consider the implications of radically expanding the scope of such laws just to bag Trump or his family at any cost.

Early on Sunday morning, Trump tweeted, “Fake News reporting, a complete fabrication, that I am concerned about the meeting my wonderful son, Donald, had in Trump Tower. This was a meeting to get information on an opponent, totally legal and done all the time in politics — and it went nowhere. I did not know about it!” At the outset, there are a couple glaring problems with these public statements.First, this is not “fake news” but serious news created by Trump and his team in issuing a clearly misleading statement to the New York Times, then issuing a false statement denying that Trump drafted the statement to the media. Trump attorney Jay Sekulow stated categorically that Trump had no role in issuing the statement that the meeting was only about “a program about the adoption of Russian children.” Sekulow belatedly addressed that over the weekend with the equivalent of a shrug and a statement that “in a situation like this, over time, facts develop.” He added, “That is what investigations do.” The problem is that Sekulow is not investigating his client but supposedly talking to him. The facts do not develop from a “no” to a “yes.” The answer simply changed.

Second, the president is only partially correct in saying that the meeting with Trump Jr. is “done all the time in politics.” The media has largely ignored that Hillary Clinton and her campaign spent a huge amount of money to fund the efforts of former British spy Christopher Steele to gather dirt on Trump, including information from the Russian government and intelligence figures. All of the outcries and expressions of shock by Democratic leaders over the Trump Tower meeting ignores the more extensive contacts and efforts by the Clinton campaign.

However, this particular meeting is not “done all the time” because it was uniquely dumb. Trump Jr. pulled Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafortand Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner into a meeting with unknown participants connected to the Russian government in Trump Tower as members of the media meandered around downstairs. The irony is that the Clintons showed how this is “done all the time” with cutouts and third parties like Steele. Indeed, despite denials during and after the campaign, the Clinton team only admitted to funding the dossier after the media stumbled onto the paper trail long after the election. When caught, they simply declared it was done all the time as “opposition research.”

The point is that only amateurs would take a meeting after a cryptic email from a music promoter about having Russian government evidence. They should have informed the FBI and used lawyers as surrogates. They should have done many things other than assemble the Trump triumvirate and walk blindly into that meeting. If stupidity were a crime, Trump Jr., Manafort and Kushner would serve life sentences for doing so. However, crimes are defined by acts and levels of intent. More importantly, courts narrowly construe such definitions to protect the public from ambiguous rules that prosecutors can twist to indict anyone at any time.

Take the crime being proclaimed as “open and shut.” Before Camerota came to this conclusion, the CNN anchors discussed federal election laws that make it a “crime for any person to solicit, accept, or receive, anything of value from a foreign person or U.S. political campaign for the purpose of influencing any elections for federal office.” Thus, if Trump Jr. was willing to review evidence of criminal conduct by Clinton, it must be a type of foreign campaign contribution and, therefore, a federal crime.

Such logic is so inescapable that Camerota responded, “I mean, what more really is there to talk about after that one?” The answer is “a lot more.” The Russians setting up the meeting said their government had evidence of criminal conduct connected to the Clinton Foundation soliciting illegal donations. According to witnesses, Trump Jr. asked for the promised evidence but Russian attorney Natalia Veselnitskaya said she did not have it and only wanted to talk about Magnitsky Act limitations on Russian adoptions. The meeting ended shortly thereafter.

If the Russians had evidence of criminal conduct by Hillary Clinton, her campaign or her family foundation, the Trump campaign had every reason to want to know about it. That is precisely what the Clinton campaign spent millions to do, talking to Russians and other foreigners investigating Trump. Indeed, under this interpretation of federal election laws, Clinton and her surrogates would be equally guilty in using a former foreign spy to gather information on Trump from foreign sources, including Russians.

Consider the implications of what the critics are suggesting. It would mean treating information as a form of political contribution as no different from money, for purposes of a criminal charge, even information about criminal acts by an election candidate. That would mean administrations could prosecute political opponents for merely attending meetings with foreign individuals to discuss the criminal conduct of a sitting American president. Democratic politicians could be charged if they reviewed evidence of alleged bribes or quid pro quos by Trump.

Indeed, it could be any foreign source, since the law is ambiguous. Does that not include foreign organizations like environmental and other public interest groups? How about journalists or lawyers sharing evidence of crimes by powerful politicians? Fortunately, courts likely would reject such an interpretation as a major threat to First Amendment freedoms of speech and even the press. So why are so many journalists and activists blind to implications of such an expansion? The answer is rage. We live in the age of rage, from Trump tweets to cable news crusades.

The latest media frenzy is part of the Newtonian principles that now guide both politics and journalism: “To every action there is always opposed an equal reaction.” However, journalists and lawyers are trained to avoid immediate involuntary reactions, particularly when the potential costs are so prohibitive. Responding to a sweeping political tweet with a sweeping legal interpretation is neither equal nor wise. In the end, the Trump Tower controversy is not based on “fake news” as claimed by the president, but the federal crime alleged by the media is based on fake law.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
JALLEN: Jonathan Turley: "However, this particular meeting is not “done all the time” because it was uniquely dumb . Trump Jr. pulled Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafortand Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner into a meeting with unknown participants connected to the Russian government "

This could be be a serious issue. I mean, they met with real Russians! Never mind that it was a ruse; just the fact that they met could expose them to conspiracy charges. And us comparing the HRC campaign to Trump's does not matter a hill of beans. Mueller is investigating Trump; not Hillary.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:
JALLEN: Jonathan Turley: "However, this particular meeting is not “done all the time” because it was uniquely dumb . Trump Jr. pulled Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafortand Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner into a meeting with unknown participants connected to the Russian government "

This could be be a serious issue. I mean, they met with real Russians! Never mind that it was a ruse; just the fact that they met could expose them to conspiracy charges. And us comparing the HRC campaign to Trump's does not matter a hill of beans. Mueller is investigating Trump; not Hillary.

Am I missing something? It's not illegal to collect dirt on your opponent.

More nothing burger here.

Posts: 33567 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun Supply:
quote:

Coffee right through my nose! Big Grin

I would probably charge her at this point, so still no meaning.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
Don’t forget to vote for your favorite logo for Space Force. I emailed my vote in. 6 different designs. Not sure when the final design will be selected. But everyone on the Trump/Pence mailing list gets to vote. Maybe they’ll offer flight jackets too with the new logo. Smile

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Republicans talking to Russians is a Democrat perceived crime

Similar to a microaggression that triggers hysterical and illogical high energy protest

But, Democrats "will have more flexibility" after they get elected

Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Here's some guerrilla activism for ya:

*NSFW rap

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/VL5vpLXBWJ0

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Hannity interview w Donald Trump lawyer Jay Sekulow about a Donald Trump interview w Mueller

https://youtu.be/I38Mn_04aaw

Sekulow advises no, but emphasizes it will be President Trump's decision

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
But, Democrats "will have more flexibility" after they get elected

I've sprinkled that video throughout several threads and I'm STILL awaiting the Liberal/Democrat outrage.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11042 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.politico.com/story...et-for-sept-4-773344

Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh's Senate confirmation hearings will start on Sept. 4 and last between three and four days, Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) announced on Friday.

That scheduling tees up the GOP to meet its goal of getting President Donald Trump's pick seated on the high court by the time its term begins in early October, barring unforeseen obstacles or a breakthrough by Democrats who are pushing to derail Kavanaugh's confirmation.

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
Here's some guerrilla activism for ya:

That's awesome!!!!!

Posts: 10822 | Registered: January 04, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh's Senate confirmation hearings will start on Sept. 4 and last between three and four days, Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) announced on Friday.

That scheduling tees up the GOP to meet its goal of getting President Donald Trump's pick seated on the high court by the time its term begins in early October, barring unforeseen obstacles or a breakthrough by Democrats who are pushing to derail Kavanaugh's confirmation.

That is good news. The sooner Kavanugh get seated the better I will feel.

Posts: 7517 | Registered: October 31, 2008Report This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
quote:

That is good news. The sooner Kavanugh get seated the better I will feel.

+1
Then, off for some more winning! Smile

Posts: 14995 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Report This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D 8/13/18

Description

INTERVIEW - JOE DIGENOVA - legal analyst and former US Attorney to the District of Columbia

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7651 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Report This Post