SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Comey needs to be in jail. He has the GALL to call Trump "morally unfit"? Really? Until this trash face some real consequences we will keep hearing this shit. I am sick of people breaking the law and getting away with it. Why? Why do I obey the law? Why do I do what's right?

This country is divided and there will be blood. I just hope it happens while I am young enough to help.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Other than proving comey was unfit for the office- What was the point of all this?

Comey never should have written that book. He would have been better off lying low.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
He would have been better off lying low.

. . . but you know his ego would not let him.

the left is truly full of their ego and shit.

Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Trump's approval is now at 51%.

http://www.rasmussenreports.co...ion/prez_track_apr16

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
I have heard that Comey's book is now being re-titled to "A Higher Royalty".....just saying. Big Grin

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Facts continue supporting Trump's decision to fire James Comey

A lot of new information has come out in the year since President Trump fired FBI Director James Comey. No matter whether you admire Trump, Comey, both or neither — it’s now difficult to argue that Trump made the wrong move in removing Comey. Even many of Trump’s detractors would agree that no president should keep in place the head of a crucial division who — along with some of his top staff — apparently worked to undermine or control the president, and exercised poor judgment in important matters.

Here are 12 ways Comey has proven Trump was right to fire him.

1. Comey testified that it gave him a “queasy feeling” when then-Attorney General Loretta Lynch directed him to publicly refer to the Hillary Clinton classified email investigation as a “matter.” Yet, he did so anyway and did not raise objections.

2. Comey’s FBI, including allegedly his general counsel, was responsible for multiple leaks to the press with the apparent goal of politically helping Clinton or harming Trump. On the other hand, the FBI kept a closely-held secret any information that was favorable to Trump — such as the fact that Comey repeatedly told Trump he wasn’t under investigation.

3. Top FBI officials working under Comey conspired to develop an “insurance plan” in the event Trump were to be elected. (One possible implication is that they could not afford to have Trump officials poking around into what they or other U.S. intel agencies had been doing over the years.)

4. We now know that Comey apparently delayed notifying Congress that the FBI had discovered Hillary Clinton emails on the personal computer of soon-to-be convicted sexter Anthony Weiner (then husband of Clinton’s top aide, Huma Abedin), prior to the election.

5. Comey demonstrated bias or questionable judgment in selecting the man he trusted as his number two in February 2016: Andrew McCabe. Comey allowed McCabe to be involved in the FBI investigations into the Clinton Foundation and Clinton classified emails even though McCabe’s wife had received large sums of donor money from Clinton interests, including those of then-Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe, who also was under FBI investigation at the time. (The FBI granted top Clinton staff immunity from prosecution, didn’t record her interview, drafted an exoneration letter in advance, and ultimately excused Clinton’s mishandling of classified information as not being willful.)

6. Comey allowed McCabe’s involvement in the Clinton-related investigations to continue until the week before the 2016 election. Only then did McCabe “recuse himself” after a Wall Street Journal article about the donations to McCabe’s wife. (McCabe has said he followed proper procedures and did nothing wrong.)

7. McCabe says he told Comey in October 2016 that he — McCabe — had authorized a leak of sensitive information to the Wall Street Journal shortly before the election. The Department of Justice’s Inspector General has since found the leak was to advance McCabe’s own interests and was in violation of FBI policy. (Comey says he doesn’t recall McCabe telling him this.)

8. After the election, Comey informed President-elect Trump about the lurid allegations against him in the so-called “Steele dossier,” but admitted in an interview this week that he withheld from Trump the fact that it was opposition research paid for by Hillary Clinton.

9. While acknowledging the “Steele dossier” contained “salacious and unverified” material, knowing it was produced with help from an ex-foreign spy and understanding that it relied on primary sources who were said to be close to Russian President Vladimir Putin, Comey apparently did not open an investigation into this effort to impact the U.S. election and undermine the American president.

10. Comey’s FBI used the “Steele dossier” to justify wiretaps before and after the election on an American citizen who was a Trump associate without disclosing that the “evidence” was political opposition research paid for by Trump’s opponent. This appears to be a violation of the FBI’s “Woods Procedures,” and possibly other policies.

11. Comey testified that after he was fired from the FBI, he secretly engineered a leak of FBI material to the New York Times for the political goal of prompting appointment of a special counsel to investigate Trump.

12. Comey has publicly disclosed content of private, personal conversations with President Trump, such as discussions about Trump’s wife’s feelings.

Trump may not have had the benefit of all of this information at the time he removed Comey, but in terms of whether Comey was the right person to serve as head of the FBI under the new administration, Trump’s instincts proved to be correct.

Sharyl Attkisson (@SharylAttkisson) is an Emmy-award winning investigative journalist,
http://thehill.com/opinion/whi...tter_impression=true

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
regarding # 8 above

I have been wondering how and when the FBI found out that Clinton funded the dossier.

The Perkins Coie ltr didn't come out until October 2017 (forced out by Nunes subpoena to a bank) That ltr said they were paid by Clinton campaign and DNC. Perkins Coie gave money to Fusion GPS

Comey briefed Donald Trump in January 2017 (before the ltr came out)

Glenn Simpson of Fusion GPS testified to congress that the FBI never talked to him. (a fact that is very strange all by itself)

How could the FBI run w the dossier, use it in a FISA warrant, but never talked to Fusion GPS who contracted for the dossier ?

So how and when did the FBI find out it was paid for by Clinton ?

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
regarding # 8 above

I have been wondering how and when the FBI found out that Clinton funded the dossier.

The Perkins Coie ltr didn't come out until October 2017 (forced out by Nunes subpoena to a bank) That ltr said they were paid by Clinton campaign and DNC. Perkins Coie gave money to Fusion GPS

Comey briefed Donald Trump in January 2017 (before the ltr came out)

Glenn Simpson of Fusion GPS testified to congress that the FBI never talked to him. (a fact that is very strange all by itself)

How could the FBI run w the dossier, use it in a FISA warrant, but never talked to Fusion GPS who contracted for the dossier ?

So how and when did the FBI find out it was paid for by Clinton ?

Some believe it was the FBI or it's contractors, thought to be Fusion GPS and/or Nellie Ohr, that got information from FBI databases then turned over to Steele to launder into a dossier. ADM Rogers blew the whistle resulting in FISC order which hints at this.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
Trump's approval is now at 51%.

http://www.rasmussenreports.co...ion/prez_track_apr16

Now THAT I like to see!!! Let's just keep raising the percentage.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
This country is divided and there will be blood. I just hope it happens while I am young enough to help.

Right there with you, binky, but IDGAS how old I am or may be when TSHTF. If/when it goes down, I will defend my country against ANY tyrant, foreign or domestic, until I breathe no more; "...from my cold, dead fingers". Plain and simple...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
And say my glory was
I had such friends.
Picture of Hunthelp
posted Hide Post
Cohen’s third client has been announced to be Sean Hannity. He has confirms such.

"I don't shoot well, but I shoot often." - Pres. T. Roosevelt

Posts: 1941 | Location: Chandler, AZ | Registered: June 30, 2010Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I'd love to know the legal reasoning behind the judge ordering this to be revealed publicly.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
And say my glory was
I had such friends.
Picture of Hunthelp
posted Hide Post
Conservative treehouse has the ruling.

Posts: 1941 | Location: Chandler, AZ | Registered: June 30, 2010Report This Post
And say my glory was
I had such friends.
Picture of Hunthelp
posted Hide Post
This is the citation…the lawyer lost
https://openjurist.org/992/f2d...elli-v-united-states

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
A lot of what Comey said in the interview was just outrageous.

He discussed the dossier, and I think he answered my question a few posts above about when he found out that Clinton/DNC funded it. The answer appears to be after he was fired in May 2017.

From the interview:

"It, at its core, was consistent with the other information we'd gathered during the intelligence investigation,” he said of the dossier.

wow, sounds bad doesn't it ?

Comey said there were three goals behind the Russian effort, which are “at the core” of the dossier: to “dirty up the American democracy”; to damage Hillary Clinton in her candidacy because Russian President Vladimir Putin “personally hated” her; and “to help Donald Trump become elected president.”

“Those allegations are at the core of the Steele dossier, and we already knew that was true from totally separate information. And so at its core, it said something that was consistent with what we believed,” Comey told Stephanopoulos.

wait. what ? that's all there is ? a bunch of hand waving BS ?

Comey said he was aware of who funded the report, which Steele compiled for Fusion GPS, a political research firm co-founded by former Wall Street Journal reporter Glenn Simpson.

“I was told at some point that it was — the effort had originally been financed by a Republican source to develop material, opposition research on Donald Trump,” Comey told Stephanopoulos.

“Then after the Republican nominating process ended, the effort was taken up and funded by a Democratic-aligned group trying to get opposition research on Trump. … I never knew … who the groups were, but I knew it started with Republicans paying for it and then Democrats were paying for it.”

this is incredibly deceitful. Glenn Simpson testified that a REP conservative group funded Fusion thru about April 2016, then stopped. Clinton and the DNC then funded Fusion. It was only after Clinton/DNC started funding Fusion that Steele was brought on board.

Even stranger, Comey is saying that he did not know it was Clinton who funded the dossier when he briefed Donald Trump in January 2017. "I never knew who the groups were"

So when people keep hammering Comey that he never told Donald Trump that the dossier was Clinton funded opposition research, he is saying here he didn't it was Clinton funded. Just "Democrats"

But when asked if he thought the document was credible, Comey referred to its source.

“Well, certainly the source was credible. There's no doubt that he had a network of sources and sub-sources in a position to report on these kinds of things. But we tend to approach these things with a bit of a blank slate, trying to figure out, ‘So what can we replicate?’ This guy, who's credible, says these things are true. Okay. That means we should try and replicate that work to see if we can develop the same sources,” Comey said.

Comey stressed that the dossier was not the reason why federal authorities opened an investigation into possible connections between some members of the Trump presidential campaign team and Russia.

“The investigation began because of reliable information that George Papadopoulos was having conversations about obtaining information from the Russians,” Comey said, referring to the president’s former campaign foreign policy adviser. “That's probably as far as I can go at this point.”

So we really need to see the FISA warrant application. All this talk about the dossier not being important will be exposed as lies if what Senator Grassley said is true. (that the dossier was the main argument for the Carter Page warrant)

at this point we can't rule out that the possibility that the FBI didn't know Clinton funded the dossier until Oct 2017. but that would mean they were incompetent in the extreme. What's the term ? "extremely careless"

Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I tuned into Sean Hannity's show and his official position is that he has consulted him in the past but was never represented in any case or matter by Cohen.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5374 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:

Comey stressed that the dossier was not the reason why federal authorities opened an investigation into possible connections between some members of the Trump presidential campaign team and Russia.

“The investigation began because of reliable information that George Papadopoulos was having conversations about obtaining information from the Russians,” Comey said, referring to the president’s former campaign foreign policy adviser. “That's probably as far as I can go at this point.”

So we really need to see the FISA warrant application. All this talk about the dossier not being important will be exposed as lies if what Senator Grassley said is true. (that the dossier was the main argument for the Carter Page warrant)

at this point we can't rule out that the possibility that the FBI didn't know Clinton funded the dossier until Oct 2017. but that would mean they were incompetent in the extreme. What's the term ? "extremely careless"

Don’t confuse the opening of the investigation as synonymous with the FISA warrant application. The investigation may have started with the Papadopoulos information, and later more information suggested the idea of the warrant.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
None of this is making sense. Yes, the FBI says it was Papadopoulos that opened the investigation in very late July 2016.

But yet Steele gave the FBI his first report 5 July 2016. With wild tales of Trump being blackmailed by and working w the Russians. Couple that w Comey's words that Steele was a trusted person. So all that wasn't enough to start an investigation, but Papadopoulos saying he heard Russians had Clinton emails was ?

Doesn't compute.

Read Strzok's emails about his London trip 2 Aug 2016. Sounds like he met w more than one person. Maybe the Australian ambassador in one session and Steele in another ? Strzok thought his meetings were so important they should be at TS level.

The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
JOE DIGENOVA 4/16/18

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
None of this is making sense. Yes, the FBI says it was Papadopoulos that opened the investigation in very late July 2016.

But yet Steele gave the FBI his first report 5 July 2016. With wild tales of Trump being blackmailed by and working w the Russians. Couple that w Comey's words that Steele was a trusted person. So all that wasn't enough to start an investigation, but Papadopoulos saying he heard Russians had Clinton emails was ?

Doesn't compute.

Read Strzok's emails about his London trip 2 Aug 2016. Sounds like he met w more than one person. Maybe the Australian ambassador in one session and Steele in another ? Strzok thought his meetings were so important they should be at TS level.

Go back and look at the dossier. Most of those “reports are dated late July or later. No way the FBI had them on July 5. I thought the FBI was a later recipient, after Fusion, selected media, et al.