SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
Is mad-Maxine still giving her rebuttal?

You gotta tune into BET, dawg!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30283 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coloradohunter44:
President Trump. I sure do love the sound of that. He spoke to the American people tonight, and did an excellent job. Makes me proud.
Yes he did.

Posts: 17889 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Good grief. could there be a worse rebuttal ?

I can't watch anymore. this is so pathetic.

Joe Kennedy III

it is like something from junior high school
Fox does this just to keep the division pot stirred. They suck and he sucks.

What are you talking about? There's always an official rebuttal by the opposing party. Every network carries it the same as the SOTU.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30283 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Dennis Miller is on fire tonight with his posts:

“Trumps already back in the rack with a Quarter Pounder lightin' up asshats on the TwitTwit.”

“Donald Trump is The President of the United States. Tip of the hat for pulling that off, sir.”

“Brutal for the Dems to have to stand for the "USA" chant, huh? They're so busy swallowing their collective cud.”

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3440 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
This was the most uplifting, positive SOTU speech I have heard in decades. Almost breathtaking.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5023 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Report This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I think the kennedys just threw in the towel on being America's pre eminent family and passed the baton to the Trumps.

Posts: 7436 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Report This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
quote:
Good grief. could there be a worse rebuttal ?

I can't watch anymore. this is so pathetic.

Joe Kennedy III

it is like something from junior high school
Fox does this just to keep the division pot stirred. They suck and he sucks.

What are you talking about? There's always an official rebuttal by the opposing party. Every network carries it the same as the SOTU.
Yes they do. But its usually just as described in previous posts and some turn the channel. Because the usual rebuttal is dishonest, fake and phoney. Givin by some junior hack like Kennedy, so at this point, what does it really matter? Because they are giving air time to some clown who really should be over on the cnn bench.

Posts: 17889 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
CNN is now the Comedy Not News network:

https://www.newsbusters.org/bl...ng-white-protest-her

Just before the 9 p.m. hour, CNN White House Reporter Kate Bennett was trying to read the tea leaves to understand why Melania didn’t ride with Donald to the Capitol:

"She did drive up separately this evening from the White House to the capitol … We do hear from the White House, however Wolf, they will be driving home together. The President and the First Lady will share the ride home. But it is, again, bucking tradition that she drove up on her own."

oh my!

All that, despite the fact that Bennett did admit that Melania was accompanying her guests to the event.

And after being teed up by CNN host Jake Tapper, Bennett tried to read into the secret message the First Lady was trying to send, with her dress.

“You know, she's wearing a cream-colored suit there, which I find interesting. Remember last year the female Democratic Senators all wore white,” she recalled while claiming it was to protests Trump’s anti-woman policies.

ok, you got us on that one. good catch /sarc off

“Listen, it could be a total coincidence, but I just find a lot of the stuff she does these days, to look at it twice,” Bennett continued.

coincidence ? no way!

“I think Maureen Dowd called her the “Slovenian Sphinx,” everybody looking at her and trying to decipher the mysteries,” Tapper quipped, apparently buying into the ridiculousness.

actually we call her a very classy first lady

Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
It was a excellent SOTU speech. I feel proud to be American and honored to have President Trump at the helm.

Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
I didnt really know much about Joe Kennedy prior to tonight, but it takes a mountain of hipocrisy to lecture white males on priviledge considering his own backround.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

posted Hide Post
An excellent speech. Very nearly on par with President Reagan's many speeches.

Nice not to have the President speak down to his electorate, and lecture them at the same time. Or certain other branches of government.

Yup, noticed the lack of I, I, I, I, I ad-nauseam. Heard it only in direct reference in his pledge to keep campaign promises, which is fine. Otherwise, there was a lot of 'My Administration', which is fine too.

The first lady as always was a first class act! Much in the manner of former first lady Nancy Reagan. The lady knows how to handle herself and treat others.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
"Make no mistake: Democrats didn't brand themselves as anti-Trump tonight. They branded themselves as anti-American. Truly sickening." Candace Owens

Posts: 7436 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Report This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Well now that that’s out of the way, let’s see that memo!!!

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5366 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
Dennis Miller is on fire tonight with his posts:

“Trumps already back in the rack with a Quarter Pounder lightin' up asshats on the TwitTwit.”
Poetry for the common man.

Posts: 107223 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Kennedy's response was so cringy, I had turn it off

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
"Make no mistake: Democrats didn't brand themselves as anti-Trump tonight. They branded themselves as anti-American. Truly sickening." Candace Owens

That was my biggest takeaway from President Trump’s excellent address. The Dems can’t/won’t accept the great economic news since they can’t claim responsibility for it.

Michael

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Report This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Another Miller gem regarding Kennedys lip crud:

“Watching this Democratic Rebuttal Speech by the Kennedy kid for a good eight minutes before I realized it wasn't a story on that Tide Pod Challenge thing.“

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:

"The Democrats looked like losers, to borrow one of Trump's favorite words, as decades-worth of unfulfilled Democrat promises are being delivered on by... Republicans.

And not by some monolithic all-powerful party, but by an almost-impossible assemblage of establishment types, true believers, and one upstart GOP newcomer who also delivered one helluva SOTU."

Lets see, a group of individuals, living off the backs of the tax payer, flaunting their race, scowling at the announcement of plunging unemployment. Just amazing

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37910 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
CNN is now the Comedy Not News network:

https://www.newsbusters.org/bl...ng-white-protest-her

Just before the 9 p.m. hour, CNN White House Reporter Kate Bennett was trying to read the tea leaves to understand why Melania didn’t ride with Donald to the Capitol:

"She did drive up separately this evening from the White House to the capitol … We do hear from the White House, however Wolf, they will be driving home together. The President and the First Lady will share the ride home. But it is, again, bucking tradition that she drove up on her own."

oh my!

All that, despite the fact that Bennett did admit that Melania was accompanying her guests to the event.

And after being teed up by CNN host Jake Tapper, Bennett tried to read into the secret message the First Lady was trying to send, with her dress.

“You know, she's wearing a cream-colored suit there, which I find interesting. Remember last year the female Democratic Senators all wore white,” she recalled while claiming it was to protests Trump’s anti-woman policies.

ok, you got us on that one. good catch /sarc off

“Listen, it could be a total coincidence, but I just find a lot of the stuff she does these days, to look at it twice,” Bennett continued.

coincidence ? no way!

“I think Maureen Dowd called her the “Slovenian Sphinx,” everybody looking at her and trying to decipher the mysteries,” Tapper quipped, apparently buying into the ridiculousness.

actually we call her a very classy first lady
Is there really any question at this point why CNN's ratings are in the toilet? When this is the best you can put together on Mrs. Trump and/or her husband for a SOTU address, you've insured your own irrelevance.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post