SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Does any know if that mega-jackass Krugman picked up his #1 FAKE news award yet?!

Posts: 3462 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
so the government 'shut down'

I am trying to figure out how you can tell...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53071 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

Well, there's the fact that ugh... never mind.

Posts: 7517 | Registered: October 31, 2008Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
mbinky
Glorious SPAM!

posted January 20, 2018 10:48 AM Hide Post
Well, a year ago on inauguration day I bought a Henry 45-70 color case hardened lever gun. An American rifle, built by an American maker, in an American caliber (and Trump was the 45th president at 70 years old).

That is some brilliant rationalization right there. I just buy more guns and feel guilty. But you, my friend, have turned the tables! Wink

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Onward with another great MAGA Year! Cool

Posts: 22842 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I was still in school when Ross Perot ran for President. I remember thinking of what kind of changes we could face having a business man instead of a politician in the White House.

So far it's everything I had hoped it would be back then.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15684 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Best President so far in my lifetime

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
Best President so far in my lifetime

Absolutely.

Though I did love Reagan. He was my "first" President and always will be, but I was just a kid. I didn't follow politics then. Trump is the first President that I have ever enthusiastically supported for the things that he's actually doing. And I just couldn't be happier with his performance this past year.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30282 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I was back in Boston over Christmas to visit family. My mom (bless her heart) does nothing but sit at home and watch MSNBC. She considers them the last stop in real news. I mentioned that I considered Trump the best president since Reagan and she about choked. Funny thing was her husband, a staunch Boston union guy (retired sign makers union) agreed with me. He is 80 and has voted dem his entire life, but now feels the republicans represent the working man. He agreed Trump has been an awesome president. I about fell over.

Winning, one vote at a time.

Picture of Lunasee
posted Hide Post
It was clear to me this country needed an intelligent businessman that demanded results for a President. For me, voting for Trump was a no-brainer.

Thank you President Donald J. Trump for blessing my retirement account. I think the "J" stands for Jesus. LOL

Posts: 513 | Location: Hillsboro, OR | Registered: January 09, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I've lived through several presidents, Harry Truman being the first. I liked most of them, loved a couple (Truman and Reagan), despised a few (Johnson, Carter and our last one) but I can't remember a time in my life when I was any prouder of a president and his accomplishments than I have been with President Trump in his first year.

I sincerely expect his second year to be even better.

Bob

Posts: 1557 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
For a man who the politicos said would never be elected president, who the media thought was a joke, who was running against political royalty,who according to the polls didn’t have a snowballs chance in hell. Donald Trump has proved them all wrong and he has done a masterful job in his first year in office even with the full court press that the political establishment, media, etc. have thrown against him. Now his party is coming around and starting to back him, sure there are some hold outs and some who are only thinking of their own future in politics, but the largest part of his party are behind him and his agenda (MAGA).
Proud to call him our president!

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Report This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've lived through several presidents, Harry Truman being the first

Truman was my first as well.

Cheers for getting a GREAT President this time, to actually LEAD our GREAT COUNTRY.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9847 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

We’re down at our daughter’s in Colorado Springs. She tells me the commissaries of military bases, e.g. Peterson AFB, Fort Carson, close down during a shutdown. Much more difficult for servicemen and women to get something to eat.

Posts: 13154 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I've been watching the sh*tshow that's the Schumer Shutdown. On one side you have people trying to do what the government is supposed to do, on the other people who want to legalize as many illegal aliens as possible, for their own electoral benefit.

On one hand you have people like Sarah Sanders and (bless him!) Mick Mulvaney: articulate, honest and passionate. On the other you have sleazeballs Schumer, Pelosi, Durbin....

It's not a hard choice.

Posts: 18004 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Today, women are marching against the President...his reply:

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I love President Trump's tweet! These hags are so stupid they don't even see what's important to the majority of women in this country. Trump has done even a better job than I expected!

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5149 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Big Grin

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30282 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
The most impressive thing about this last year, to me, is how Trump has devastated these prissy holier than thou pricks in the media.

When they get their press pass, somebody tells them the Constitution says that “Congress shall make no law... abridging freedom of speech or of the press...” and they convince themselves that they are untouchable and can do whatever they please, say whatever they please, nobody and nothing can stop them, or dare to do so.

At first, competitiveness would keep you in line. It's awkward to report the light was green, while other reporters are reporting it was red, and all that. Over the years, these guys have gotten sloppy, and nothing much ever happens to mistakes, even deliberate misconduct. There is some awkward embarrassment sometimes, but it takes a real screw up to get seriously punished in a truth stretcher story. Right, Dan.

They say the news is history's first edition. It’s astonishing to read news accounts thay have very little to do with what history later records. If newsmen did their jobs with anything like accuracy, there would be little need to edit the first edition.

Until now.

I’m not silly enough to imagine that Trump’s public shaming of baloney stories, aka fake news, has eliminated this form of pestilence from our public discourse, but he has upped the stakes a ways.

The media personalities act like they are being tortured, terrorized, intimidated and worse. Nobody is in jail, so far, or subpoenaed to the grand jury that we know of. Nobody has been banished to St. Helena, or sold into slavery in China or anything.

Using reasonable care to get the facts straight, retracting the errors when you blow it, and there is no problem. Mistakes happen. If you want to make up stuff, maybe you should go to work for Walt Disney.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
quote:
I've lived through several presidents, Harry Truman being the first

Truman was my first as well.

Cheers for getting a GREAT President this time, to actually LEAD our GREAT COUNTRY.
I was born during FDR's reign. I vaguely remember as a 6yo child seeing my family react to FDR's death. (They were not fans of his.)

I am pleased with President Trump's handling of the government and hope he continues.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post