SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
All the time
Picture of Gear.Up
posted Hide Post
This presidency has been an excellent study in how to negotiate from strength.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Trump tore up the G7 agreement on the lead-in to Singapore. It accomplished at least two things. Primarily, it showed total resolve to Un that he should not try to play games. Secondarily, it slapped around the other member states in the G7, saying don't screw around with us. We've been nice for far too long.

Seriously, these are master classes being put on. Such a change from the past decades.

Posts: 2320 | Location: East TN | Registered: July 28, 2010Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I spoke this morning with a friend who hails from Kansas. Her sister worked hard to get Pompeo elected, and apparently knows him pretty well. What my friend said reinforced my confidence in Pompeo's character. He will be the one who will do all the follow-through with the North Koreans.

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gear.Up:

I don't think it's a coincidence that Trump tore up the G7 agreement on the lead-in to Singapore. It accomplished at least two things. Primarily, it showed total resolve to Un that he should not try to play games. Secondarily, it slapped around the other member states in the G7, saying don't screw around with us. We've been nice for far too long.

Seriously, these are master classes being put on. Such a change from the past decades.

President Trump has been underestimated by the radical left in this country at every turn.
Fools, communists and traitors, the lot of them. To hell with them.

President Trump, thank you. All true Americans are so proud of you that we're almost speechless. We have total confidence in your ability to see this process through to a successful conclusion.

Chairman Kim, well done so far. This is your chance, and it's a big one.

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Again, as long as leftists think the President's an idiot, he's going to get so much more done!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by mod29:
quote:
Originally posted by Gear.Up:

President Trump has been underestimated by the radical left in this country at every turn.
Fools, communists and traitors, the lot of them. To hell with them.

President Trump, thank you. All true Americans are so proud of you that we're almost speechless. We have total confidence in your ability to see this process through to a successful conclusion.

Chairman Kim, well done so far. This is your chance, and it's a big one.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
Again, as long as leftists think the President's an idiot, he's going to get so much more done!!!!

The God Damned Commies misunderestimated W for decades. It’s what they do for Republican or right leaning office holders who are seen as threats.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I disagree that Obama ever had an opportunity to negotiate a peace. Yes, they may have sat down with him. They would not have concluded a peace with him. In many parts of the world, he was seen as a weak feckless leader. There is no way KJU would negotiate with such a man. If he was going to sit down and get a peace agreement. It would only be with someone he saw as an equal or better. Obama was never that man.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I was wondering about that long flight to Singapore.

Saw this article from 2013

http://www.ibtimes.com/worlds-...-lot-shorter-1485648

Singapore Airlines Flight SQ21 flew from Newark International to Singapore’s Changi Airport on Monday for the last time, marking an end to the carrier’s decade-long run offering the world’s longest commercial flight.

the airline first launched its 9,534-mile journey from the U.S. East Coast to Southeast Asia in 2004.

The 19-hour trip took passengers over the Artic Circle

Prices of between $6,000 and $11,000 per seat left everyday leisure travelers no choice but to make a stopover instead, which adds a minimum of three hours to the journey

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

President Trump's AF1 flight home will have stops in Guam and Hawaii

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

The outbound trip went east, over Africa, non-stop. I wonder why they came over the Pacific on the way back? Winds aloft? McDonalds? Inspect military? See the volcano erupt? Make sure Guam isn’t tipping over?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I spoke this morning with a friend who hails from Kansas. Her sister worked hard to get Pompeo elected, and apparently knows him pretty well. What my friend said reinforced my confidence in Pompeo's character. He will be the one who will do all the follow-through with the North Koreans.

So glad that Tillerson was replaced by Pompeo.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8935 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker: So glad that Tillerson was replaced by Pompeo.

Agree completely. Trump hit it out of the park replacing T-Rex with Pompeo.

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Oh smack! Big Grin

This is an actual tweet by our POTUS just now:

Posts: 33776 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
^^^ Great tweet and solid humor! Cool

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't wait for the Progressives to fall all over themselves pointing out Trump's minor spelling error!

Better yet, will be Trump's response to them!!

LOL!!

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Report This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

The outbound trip went east, over Africa, non-stop. I wonder why they came over the Pacific on the way back? Winds aloft? McDonalds? Inspect military? See the volcano erupt? Make sure Guam isn’t tipping over?

Remember?

Lil Kim threatened Guam?

3D chess.

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Love the shot back at "Punchy"
Take a cheap shot at the president, receive a full broadside in return!

Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
A few concise and positive words by Varney...

https://www.foxbusiness.com/po...t-a-handshake-varney

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
De Niro is a rich guy and has made many movies, but his formal education is limited. Wiki says he dropped out of high school at 16 to pursue acting. He never graduated high school.

Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Jim Acosta caught on a hot mic after blurting out questions at President Trump during Singapore Summit–

“If They’re Not Going to Let Me in the F*cking Meeting, That’s What Happens!”

https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...-what-happens-video/

Revoke that assholes press pass now...

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
Jim Acosta caught on a hot mic after blurting out questions at President Trump during Singapore Summit–

“If They’re Not Going to Let Me in the F*cking Meeting, That’s What Happens!”

https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...-what-happens-video/

Revoke that assholes press pass now...

Jesus Christ, yes. Yank that unprofessional jerk's privileges now. Mad

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Can you imagine a reporter pulling that shit with Zero, or even Bush. He’d be gone, that day. Not with Trump though, they’re all on board the swamp boat. Anything goes with the media as long as its against Trump and his agenda.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post