SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
thinking about Susan Rice's email above.

Especially the paragraph that starts as "From a national security perspective ..."

And as JALLEN noted this is right at the time of inauguration,

one possibility is that this was a CYA because there was something that the Obama admin didn't tell Donald Trump during the transition.

Did they tell him that there was a FISA warrant out on Carter Page ?

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
thinking about Susan Rice's email above.

Especially the paragraph that starts as "From a national security perspective ..."

And as JALLEN noted this is right at the time of inauguration,

one possibility is that this was a CYA because there was something that the Obama admin didn't tell Donald Trump during the transition.

Did they tell him that there was a FISA warrant out on Carter Page ?

Nobody gave a shit about Page. He was just the patsy. Trump likely would have said, “Who?”

If I understand it, the capability already exists to retrieve and monitor e-mail and telephone communications. They don’t have to sneak into your office or home anymore and wire you up. All they need is to push the buttons, do the search, retrieve, etc. Maybe they really didn’t care what Page was actually doing, which was likely not much. They just needed story, something to bombard the media with, carefully, of course.

This sort of stuff might have doomed an ordinary candidate, in an ordinary year, against an ordinary opponent. We look back and see they were 0 for 3 there.

Remember in 2000 when the two oldest and largest families of vote riggers, Kennedys and Dailys combined, couldn’t get past those Bush wimps?

They misunderestimated again.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Strzok and Page Discussed Classified Info in Unsecure Messages

From Sarah Carter:

Text messages between a pair of controversial FBI agents, reveal that the couple frequently used their private iMessage apps to discuss work and in one case texted about transmitting classified information on the unsecure chat medium, according to the troves of newly released texts last week.

FBI Special Agent Peter Strzok and his mistress FBI attorney Lisa Page are at the center of a growing controversy surrounding the investigation into former presidential candidate Hillary Clinton’s use of a private server and Robert Mueller’s Special Counsel’s investigation into alleged Russia collusion on the part of the Trump campaign.

Strzok and Page discussed using their ‘imsgs’ 37 times in their text messages obtained by the Congressional committees from the agents’ Samsung government-issued phones. The two sent numerous anti-Trump text messages and both were involved in the Mueller’s Special Counsel investigation. Strzok, who is now with the FBI’s Human Resource department, was removed from the special counsel’s office after the DOJ discovered the text messages he shared with Page. Page is no longer on the Special Counsel but still employed by the FBI.

House Judiciary member Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, who has been a stalwart supporter of the investigations by Congress and DOJ into the FBI said transparency is key.

“We should see their iMessages, as well,” said Jordan, who clarified that he didn’t know whether or not Horowitz had obtained them. “Bottom line is as much transparency as possible is necessary in this investigation and for the American people. That’s why I think it’s necessary that the FISA (warrant) applications be disclosed.”

John Lavinsky, spokesman for the DOJ’s office of Inspector General said he could not comment about the ongoing investigation or whether the Inspector General has obtained the private iMessages exchanged between the pair of FBI agents.

Fox News reported last week that House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes, R-Calif., to Judge Rosemary Collyer, who presides over the secret court, and requested the transcripts of “any relevant FISC hearings associated with the initial FISA application or subsequent renewals related to the electronic surveillance of Carter Page.”

In the January 15, 2016 text messages below, Page discusses with Strzok what is known in the intelligence community as a “single source,” information which in the intelligence community is considered a highly classified and protected source. Additionally, the two agents discuss talking about the “single source” through their unsecure iMessage app. Sending texts through iMessage, a chat service provided by Apple Inc., was again a point of discussion between the two in the text messages dated later in the year August 2016. In those August 2016 text messages, the agents said using the Apple iPhones would help keep their text messages from government collection after speaking with the FBI’s IT director, as reported earlier.

The government-issued Samsung phones are also not considered secure lines to send classified information. The text messages retrieved from the duo’s work phones cover a time span from the fall of 2015 to the summer of 2017. However, the batch does not include the nearly five months of text messages from Dec. 4, 2016 to May 18, 2017 that the FBI originally told Congress had disappeared due to a “technical glitch.” The DOJ’s Inspector General Michael Horowitz, whose investigation into the FBI’s handling of the Clinton private server is expected to be released in mid-March, according to the DOJ’s Inspector General. Several weeks ago Horowitz notified Congress that his team is now recovering the missing texts from the agent’s phones.

In the recently released texts, the Department of Justice redacted part of the conversation related to the “single source” Page is discussing with Strzok on January 15, 2016.

A portion of Lisa Page and Peter Stzrok text message conversation
Lisa Page: And oh holy sh*t, l forgot l had huge single source reporting that l was going to mention in the car!” Remind me, though it may have to wait until this afternoon.

Peter Stzrok: 
Ooh. Can you imsg it? i will tell you what l was going to imsg, scrambling to get out the door right now. And yeah, t thought about that with D. Don’t know ifit will travel that fast.

Lisa Page: Nope, too much detail, better to tell. But it involves [redacted…].

FBI spokeswoman Carol Cratty could not be immediately reached for comment.

A former FBI official, who recently worked on counterintelligence investigations, said “there is no single source reporting in the U.S. government that is unclassified.”

“Single source reporting is the government’s most prized possession that the government has and great lengths are taken to protect single source reporting – most importantly classification and secure handling procedures. For Strzok and Page to be using iMessage to communicate single source reporting is grossly negligent and exceptionally dangerous to that single source.”

“It can’t just be their issued government phones but criminal subpoenas for their personal phones is necessary,” the former FBI official stated.

“They are either hiding information or discussing classified information on an unclassified system they deem to be more secure than their classified system – not from foreign governments but
from U.S. oversight,” said another former FBI official, who spoke on condition of anonymity due to the current nature of their work. “The investigation has to include their personal cell phones and emails, otherwise it would be incomplete.”

According to several government officials, the scope of DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz’s investigation into the FBI’s handling of Hillary Clinton’s mishandling of classified information would likely go beyond just the collection of government issued cell phones and emails. Horowitz’s investigation, which quietly began last January, is expected to wrap up by mid-March. He has interviewed dozens of witnesses, including now removed FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, former Attorney General Loretta Lynch, former FBI Director James Comey, FBI agent Strzok, FBI lawyer Page and other current and former FBI officials.

Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee Chairman Sen. Ron Johnson, sent a letter Jan. 31, to Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein saying that “according to text messages produced by the committee, Ms. Page and Mr. Strzok make references to communicating with other FBI employees via text message, phone call, email, and voice mail. Additional text messages suggest that FBI officials used non-official email accounts and messaging programs to communicate about official business.”

DOJ spokeswoman Sarah Isgur Flores said she could not comment on ongoing investigations.

The investigations, both congressional and Horowitz’s investigation, have resulted in a string of firing and demotions at the FBI and DOJ. Roughly six top officials at both agencies have either been asked to retire or have been moved out of their roles.

The DOJ also has 27 ongoing leak investigations, including the leak to the Washington Post of a highly classified telephone conversation of former National Security Advisor Army Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn with former Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak. Flynn pled guilty to one count of lying to the FBI but questions about the interview with FBI have also taken center stage in Congressional investigations. Strzok, whose credibility has now come into question, was one of two FBI officials who questioned Flynn.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

How the EFFF do these two still have jobs? Mad

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

Makes me wonder which one will make a deal first.

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Report This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
The fact that these 2 well educated people, who were investigating Hillary Clinton for mishandling of classified information, were also mishandling classified information at the exact same time, is mind boggling.

Posts: 5733 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
https://www.facebook.com/ijrde...eos/155272281839496/

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Ms. Sanders knows her job and speaks well every time I've seen her respond to such inquiries....

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
She put her foot squarely up missy's ass.

Don't start none, wont be none.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

There was no clearly intentional and willful mishandling of classified information; or vast quantities of materials exposed in such a way as to support an inference of intentional misconduct; or indications of disloyalty to the United States; or efforts to obstruct justice?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
https://www.facebook.com/ijrde...eos/155272281839496/

Everyday I find a reason to like her more.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I like her Big Grin

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
The fact that these 2 well educated people, who were investigating Hillary Clinton for mishandling of classified information, were also mishandling classified information at the exact same time, is mind boggling.

I disagree.

It's no surprise to me at all.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Holy cow, this conceited bitch is going to campaign for Dems this year.

http://www.nationalreview.com/...-trail-2018-midterms

Good grief Big Grin

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Good grief Big Grin

That is awesome news. I'll bet their candidates try to run from her.

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Trump's lawyer is likely being bribed or extorted by liberal interests.. he's done a 180 and now claims he paid Stormi Daniels to remain silent..

Little turd needs to be put out to pasture.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...-out-own-pocket.html

Also, shame on Fox News for carrying this story.

Posts: 618 | Registered: September 22, 2008Report This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Good grief Big Grin

But stealthy Roll Eyes As in, "yeah I guess you can come to my rally but stand over there back stage so nobody sees your loser ass!" Cool

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Carpentermaass84:
Trump's lawyer is likely being bribed or extorted by liberal interests.. he's done a 180 and now claims he paid Stormi Daniels to remain silent..

Little turd needs to be put out to pasture.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...-out-own-pocket.html

Also, shame on Fox News for carrying this story.

You mean, if it isn’t covered, it’s like it never even happened?

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
good point in this article about the Susan Rice memo she sent to herself.

Rice was briefing her counterpart M Flynn in the transition. She may have been covering herself for lying to Flynn or leaving things out

http://www.powerlineblog.com/a...email-to-herself.php

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I am still trying to follow the DACA thing. Two judges have told Trump he can't end DACA.

I actually agree with that. Trump isn't ending DACA, its dying on its own because if I recall, the executive order had a sunset date.

So if anyone was ending DACA, it was Obama - or congress which failed to fix the problem it created for itself.

Did I get this right?

The judges are forcing Trump to do something he doesn't have to do - they're actually trying to compel him to create another executive order?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post