SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
The Resistance still makes the mistake best described in an article right after the election of “taking Trump literally, but not seriously, while supporters take Trump seriously but not literally.”

Oh, I like that one, JALLEN! Perfect.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8945 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I doubt Mueller expected Putin to take this path of offering to allow members of the Mueller investigation team access to the Russian players he indicted for questioning in Russia. As long as Russian investigators are allowed the same courtesy in the U.S.

Kind of puts Mueller on the spot does it not? You went so far as to indict these people you most certainly want to interrogate them do you not? If U.S. operatives and intelligence people were engaged in criminal activity in Russia why not let the Russians question them here? sounds like a opportunity for both sides to get to the bottom of a lot of things.

Putin has been very quiet during this entire episode of his country being accused in the rigging of a U.S. election other than the passive denial. For him to come out now and make the accusation about Browder and the Clinton campaign sounds a lot like a shot across the bow of the USS Mueller.

Putin's offer has a little Trump ring to it. Was Putin's offer made before or after his private meeting with Trump?

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8531 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
By now, the response from the press is entirely predictable, and I just don't care about their stupid, whining shit. Once we have the midterm elections, we'll know how things really are. All the talking heads can piss themselves over President Trump's visit to Russia, and anything else they want to bitch about. It's moved into the realm of the absurd and I just can't take these people seriously in any way.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107562 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
Perhaps President Trump is setting aright a vast and dastardly mistake committed by that masturbating buffoon, the husband of the female luciferite. Does anyone remember the book 'Clash of Civilizations'? At the end of the Cold War it seemed that Russia would revert to an Orthodox Christian identity and re-align with Europe in a pre-Bolshevik configuration.

Then that masturbating buffoon ordered the bombing of the Serbs, Russia's civilizational ally, on behalf of ancient moslem invaders-the past and present civilizational enemies of Christians everywhere always.
Moslem Frei-korps style jihadies went swarming to the Balkans. .

The Russians and other Slavs were rightly outraged. Terrible, terrible atrocities were committed against the Serbs in World War Two. The Serbian revenge was brutal but it was a continuation of the Balkan Wars of National Liberation. Remember Hrebeljanović!!

That is the most concise summation of that time in our history I have ever read.

Thanks, mr kablammo!

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Watching effete liberals like Lyndsey Graham, Chuck Schumer and that whole crowd trying to act like tough guys is laughable.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:
The Resistance still makes the mistake best described in an article right after the election of “taking Trump literally, but not seriously, while supporters take Trump seriously but not literally.”

Oh, I like that one, JALLEN! Perfect.

Credit where credit is due:

quote:
When he makes claims like this, the press takes him literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally.
Salena Zito, Atlantic Magazine, September 23, 2016

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
All the screaming this morning of "TREASON!!!" by all the Swamp types, Never-Trumpers and the Democrats are making me wonder if Trump actually pulled something off that is going to bite THEM in the ass soon.

Posts: 33800 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
All the screaming this morning of "TREASON!!!" by all the Swamp types, Never-Trumpers and the Democrats are making me wonder if Trump actually pulled something off that is going to bite THEM in the ass soon.

Have a look at https://theconservativetreehou...irators/#more-151895

Is this accurate, true? Hard to say, of course, but one version, not entirely implausible.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Great link Jallen. I pray that their corruption sees the light of day soon. The amount of animosity towards Trump is unprecedented.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I’m becoming overwhelmed with the God Damned Commie adoration of US intelligence effectiveness and reliability.

Maybe it is the effect of old age and decrepitude on my memory, but I am having a hard time recalling any real triumphs, but have a vague awareness of a great many failures. Perhaps this is natural as many successes never become public in the nature of these things, but there is a lot of talk and hand wringing about not connecting dots, etc.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Townhall.com
Cal Thomas

Last week was not a good one for anti-Trumpers, who include virtually all Democrats and most establishment Republicans.

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein picked last Friday, just three days before President Trump was scheduled to meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin, to announce the indictment of a dozen Russian intelligence agents for their alleged involvement in the hacking of Democratic National Committee records.

The timing seems more than coincidental. The real headline in Rosenstein's announcement was that the special counsel has found no evidence any votes were changed in the 2016 election as a result of Russian meddling. That won't stop Trump haters, however, whose goal continues to be to see him impeached, or quit, or indicted, or not run for re-election, because like someone who can't give up on an old flame, they seem unable to get over the fact that Hillary Clinton isn't president.

President Trump tweeted from Scotland before heading to his meeting with Putin: "The stories you heard about the 12 Russians ... took place during the Obama Administration, not the Trump Administration. Why didn't they do something about it, especially when it was reported that President Obama was informed by the FBI in September, before the Election?"

President Obama ridiculed Donald Trump in 2016 for suggesting a U.S. election could be influenced by a foreign power. "No serious person out there ... would suggest somehow that you could even rig America's elections," Obama said. Nevertheless, he did "something" by expelling 35 Russian officials as part of a larger set of sanctions after acknowledging that Russia did, in fact, try to influence the election's outcome.

American hands are not completely clean when it comes to meddling in the elections of other countries. In a Dec. 22, 2016, interview on National Public Radio, Carnegie Mellon University researcher Dov Levin told host Ari Shapiro the U.S. has meddled in the elections of other nations more than 80 times between 1946 and 2000. Levin didn't include the Israeli parliamentary election in 2015. A congressional committee was told that the State Department, then run by Secretary John Kerry, who succeeded Hillary Clinton, "paid hundreds of thousands of dollars in taxpayers grants to an Israeli group that used the money to build a campaign to oust Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu," the Washington Times reported.

Democrats also found themselves in the position last week of defending FBI agent Peter Strzok, who claimed the animus he and his mistress and fellow agent, Lisa Page, exchanged in emails about their hatred for Trump as well as Strzok's promise Trump would not be elected because "we will stop him" had no influence on their ability to perform their jobs. That Strzok smirked in response to many of the questions from Republican committee members did not help his credibility.

Trump haters will not give up no matter how many times they fail. Republicans are increasingly positive they will maintain their House and Senate majorities in the November election. That's because consumer confidence is high due to strong economic growth and an unemployment rate that is at a 16-year low.

Hate is not a policy, and the Democrats are so devoid of policies that they have run out of even bad ones. This once-great party used to have at least some leaders with integrity. Now they are only about destroying the president and grabbing power once again. What would they do with power if they got it? Just think President Hillary Clinton and imagine how everything good that is happening would never have occurred if she occupied the White House and was naming justices to the Supreme Court.

Link

posted Hide Post
quote:
...I am having a hard time recalling any real triumphs, but have a vague awareness of a great many failures...

Yeah, we were real good at Intel prior to hostage rescues, weren't we? Son Tay and Iran both went real well, huh?

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9157 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I’d vote to impeach the rat.

“According to a recent report, House GOP members may file to impeach Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein within days.

According to Fox News Monday, there are two separate resolutions in the works to remove Rosenstein from the Department of Justice.

This comes after reports last week said North Carolina Representative Mark Meadows and Jim Jordan are spear-heading the effort…”

http://www.oann.com/gop-house-...according-to-report/

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8945 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Rosenstein NEEDS to go. There will NEVER be any accountability as long as he is there obstructing. Let congress try to impeach, and if that fails Trump can just fire him after the election.

As to who we will get? Who cares. What we have is not working, time for a change.

Oh, and if Sessions threatens to quit if they file for impeachment? Let him. Saves Trump a step.

Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh, and if Sessions threatens to quit if they file for impeachment? Let him.

That would be his single greatest achievement as AG.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Rosenstein NEEDS to go.

His timing of announcing the indictments of the 12 Russians literally a day or two before Trump met Putin was complete bullshit and a setup to get the outcry we see today.

Just for that little stunt, I'd boot his ass.

Posts: 33800 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rosenstein NEEDS to go. There will NEVER be any accountability as long as he is there obstructing. Let congress try to impeach, and if that fails Trump can just fire him after the election.

As to who we will get? Who cares. What we have is not working, tine for a change.

Oh, and if Sessions threatens to quit if they file for impeachment? Let him. Saves Trump a step.

I thought Gowdy said it wasn't going to happen?

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I don't remember Gowdy saying that but honestly he is only one vote. Rosenstein has ignored deadline after deadline with zero consequences. He is only running out the clock. Hell the house passed a resolution setting 6 July as the last deadline to hand over documents. Come and gone....with no consequence. If nothing happens to Rosenstein that is proof positive the republicans don't really want to get to the bottom of anything. All the articles, all the sound bytes, all the discussion, all the hearings, are just an academic exercise and a waste of time. It will only be real when there are consequences.

Oh, and Gowdy still says he has the utmost faith in Mueller's integrity...so there is that.

Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't remember Gowdy saying that but honestly he is only one vote. Rosenstein has ignored deadline after deadline with zero consequences. He is only running out the clock. Hell the house passed a resolution setting 6 July as the last deadline to hand over documents. Come and gone....with no consequence. If nothing happens to Rosenstein that is proof positive the republicans don't really want to get to the bottom of anything. All the articles, all the sound bytes, all the discussion, all the hearings, are just an academic exercise and a waste of time. It will only be real when there are consequences.

Oh, and Gowdy still says he has the utmost faith in Mueller's integrity...so there is that.

http://thehill.com/homenews/su...senstein-impeachment

quote:

Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) on Sunday ruled out the possibility of impeaching Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, saying there is not enough support for his ouster.

"Impeach him for what?" Gowdy said on CBS's "Face the Nation." "No."

"I'm not convinced there is a movement," Gowdy added, citing Politico's recent report that a group of GOP lawmakers are preparing to impeach Rosenstein.

Gowdy can be great during hearings, but then turns into a total putz.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Impeach him for what?"
For being a ham sandwich.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107562 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post