SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Comey is feeling the heat-
http://www.foxnews.com/politic...in-twitter-rant.html

Former FBI Director James Comey lashed out at unnamed "weasels and liars" on social media late Thursday, hours before President Trump was expected to declassify a controversial memo about purported surveillance abuses over the objections of Democrats.

"All should appreciate the FBI speaking up. I wish more of our leaders would," Comey wrote on Twitter. "But take heart: American history shows that, in the long run, weasels and liars never hold the field, so long as good people stand up.

"Not a lot of schools or streets named for Joe McCarthy," Comey added, a reference to the Wisconsin senator who claimed high-ranking government officials were Soviet spies in the 1950s.

Comey appeared to be referencing an FBI statement released Wednesday that objected to the release of the memo, authored by House Intelligence Committee chairman Devin Nunes, R-Calif. That statement said the FBI had "grave concerns about material omissions of fact that fundamentally impact the memo’s accuracy."

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3440 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
The memo is not the end of things. More is to come. This is why the swamp rats are so frantic.
If it was just the memo and the memo alone they wouldn't be acting in such hysteria.

quote:
The bottom line is very simple. This is only part one of a well developed and long-thought-out strategy to confront the administrative state and reset the entire apparatus of the Justice Department.

Behind this memo is the underlying evidence that shows how the former Obama administration intentionally weaponized and corrupted the institutions of government.

In addition to this memo, the Office of Inspector General, Michael Horowitz, is holding a massive report on the internal corruption with specifics of who, what, where and why.

Link

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
There has been a lot of finger pointing that President Trump asked Comey for loyalty. And that he may have asked Rosenstein for loyalty.

People were less worried about such things in 2013:

https://www.politico.com/blogs...dents-wingman-160861

Attorney General Eric Holder brushed off a question Thursday about when he might leave the administration. Instead, the top lawman professed his allegiance to President Barack Obama.

"I’m still enjoying what I’m doing, there’s still work to be done. I’m still the President’s wing-man, so I’m there with my boy. So we’ll see," Holder said in an interview on the Tom Joyner radio show.

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

Will they merge with Tesla?

Well done, sir.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I am eagerly awaiting the IG report. From what I have read on Horowitz I don't think he will pull any punches.

My only fear is that they will clasify the entire document and not just redact certain sections.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Some months ago, Sara Carter and John Solomon worked for Circa.com. They both appeared often on Hannity and broke a lot of scoops about the dossier. Later, they left Circa.

Sara Carter went to Fox and started her own company. John Solomon went to a blog, "The Hill". Solomon's info was usually pretty good.

Here is his latest:

http://thehill.com/homenews/ad...ce-linked-to-clinton

The House Intelligence Committee memo spearheaded by Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) that is the talk of Washington will be at the center of the argument. The release of that four-page memo is expected as early as Friday.

Another document — an eight-page criminal referral filed with the Justice Department by Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) and Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) — is also part of the GOP case.

While the FBI has been protesting the release of the Nunes memo, it has been working behind the scenes to vet a version of the Grassley-Graham memo, which is expected to be released in redacted form soon. The FBI is also seeking redactions to the Nunes memo, though it is not clear the White House or congressional Republicans will agree to them.

Republicans believe both documents will back up arguments that evidence used to justify the FBI’s probe came from partisans loyal to Clinton, sources said. They are also expected to play into arguments from some Republicans that special counsel Robert Mueller’s probe into Russia is based on false information.

The GOP's arguments that the FBI investigated on flimsy evidence will zero in on ex-British intelligence operative Christopher Steele, whose unverified dossier of Trump allegations gave enormous momentum to the probe during the bitterly fought 2016 presidential election, say sources familiar with the memo.

They will argue the FBI failed to critically assess the political motives and credibility of Steele and did not fully disclose that evidence came from Clinton supporters as it sought to get permission from courts for surveillance warrants.

“The fact that half to three-quarters of the evidence the FBI used to unleash the most awesome of surveillance powers upon Donald Trump’s inner circle came from sources tied directly to his Democratic opponent should worry us all, especially when that happened during an election,” said one senior Republican directly familiar with the evidence, describing the party’s core concerns.

Sources in both parties and in law enforcement say the emergence of Steele and his dossier in the summer of 2016 gave the FBI the jolt to open a full counterintelligence probe into alleged Trump-Russia collusion.

Steele, a British intelligence officer for decades, had provided reliable evidence that helped the FBI in a prior foreign corruption case and his early package of information contained multiple allegations of Trump-Russia collusion organized and sourced liked real raw intelligence, sources said.

Republican investigators say they have evidence that Steele first approached the FBI with his allegations on July 5, 2016, the same day then-FBI Director James Comey announced he would not pursue criminal charges against Clinton for passing more than 100 classified documents through her private email server.

After Steele came forward, the FBI received information from a friendly foreign government that also pointed to possible links between Trump’s campaign and Russia.

The diplomat from Australia heard a Trump campaign aide named George Papadopoulos boasting in a bar that Russia was considering the release of damaging emails from Clinton during the election. The diplomat actually heard the conversation in May 2016 but it did not get reported to U.S. authorities until weeks later, after Steele had begun cooperating with the FBI, the sources said.

As the investigation was unfolding, Steele also forwarded the FBI a new piece of evidence with substantially similar information as that contained in his dossier. The FBI learned that information came from a private investigator with longtime ties to the Clinton inner circle, according to sources familiar with the evidence.

The sources declined to provide the private investigator's name, though British papers have suggested a Clinton supporter named Cody Shearer may have offered Steele information about Trump and Russia.

OMG, Cody Shearer. with links right back to Hillary Clinton

Republican investigators say they have developed evidence that Steele broke off his relationship with the FBI shortly before Election Day 2016 as he and his employer, Fusion GPS, began talking to reporters.

more ...

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
Subjectively; I don't think the memo is going to be that shocking or live up to the hype for us...but we have been following the phony Trump-Russia collusion, Hillary exoneration, corrupt media & FBI/DOJ corruption stories for 2+ years now.

I think for the general public, seeing it laid out and summarized from Congress with names...that will be bigly!

And perhaps, even us jaded Sigforum-ites may just be jolted as well to finally actually see it all laid out (knowing there are classified docs backing all of it up) and names named...

Pop corn popped, beer is brewed...(I even have Rum and Coke on tap!)

I can't wait to hear the next reason the media doesn't want to see the memo! (it will only embolden NK- you have my permission to use that very fake news network!).
Add Uranium1 too.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
MONICA CROWLEY: This is the First of Several Memos to be Released – “There is Worse Coming Down the Pike”

THE DEEP STATE IS IN DEEP PANIC–

Trump supporters want the FISA memo released to the public immediately, however; the FBI and DOJ are fiercely fighting to delegitimize the document and delay the release.

The FBI is in panic mode; the memo must be devastating.

There’s more…

FOX News contributor Monica Crowley appeared on FOX Business early Thursday morning and said this is the first of several memos to be released. Not only are there several more memos, Crowley said her sources are saying “there is worse coming down the pike”.

“This memo is about origination,”Crowley began.

“From what I’m hearing from my sources, this is about how this FISA warrant came into being and why and how it got approved and why and how it was used,” Crowley continued.

Monica Crowley then dropped a bombshell…

“I also understand from some very good sources that this is the first of several memos so as bad as this memo might be, my understanding is there is worse coming down the pike.”

This memo is sure to rock the FBI to its core says GOP Rep Jeff Duncan (R-SC). Duncan said on Thursday the memo will “show Americans just how the agency was weaponized by the Obama officials/DNC/HRC to target political adversaries”.

The FISA memo will be sent to the House Intel Committee Friday with redactions from the White House. The Committee will then release the memo on its timetable, reports CBS’s Major Garrett.

Release the memo without redacting names and let the chips fall where they may.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.co...e-coming-pike-video/

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
Festina Lente
posted Hide Post
schadenfreude: enjoyment obtained from the troubles of others

Watching Comey, Lynch, Holder, Obama and Clinton sweat the next few weeks leading up to DOJ IJ Horowitz investigation release.

Note that demons scream the loudest when they are being exorcised.

Note to self. Need to stock up on popcorn.

So - the question comes down to what to toast the first major perp walk? Redbreast 15-year? This might call for breaking out a bottle of Moet & Chandon Nectar Imperial...

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Possibly this isn't quite as funny this week as it was that night the correspondent's dinner when zero roasted DT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8TwRmX6zs4

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Report This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
Possibly this isn't quite as funny this week as it was that night the correspondent's dinner when zero roasted DT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8TwRmX6zs4
I posted about this in the 1st year topic and it was nuked. I believe at some point, Mr Trump stands and the expression on his face is one of dealing with a complete stupid fool. Now I must share this video with my brother as I told him of it. That idiot in the video can eat shit and die.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
http://video.foxbusiness.com/v...9001/?#sp=show-clips

FBI is threatening Trump: Chris Farrell

Jan. 31, 2018 - 5:46 - Judicial Watch Director of Investigations Chris Farrell on the FBI’s objection to the public release of the FISA memo.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Calm blue ocean. Tomorrow morning isn’t that far away...

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I think the FBI might want to reconsider making threats to the President. He is their top boss and could just fire them all.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Release the Kraken!

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jehzsa:
Release the Kraken!

No, Release the memo!

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank You President Donald Trump.

I see cleaning up the DOJ + FBI as the first step to finally looking into bill and hillaries transgressions.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
quote:
Originally posted by jehzsa:
Release the Kraken!

No, Release the memo!

Get crackin', release the memo!

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Festina Lente
posted Hide Post
Next up...

The strange case of the Russian dossier got even stranger this week with a new report from the Guardian raising a name from the seamy side of Clinton past. A “second Trump-Russia dossier” has been turned over to the FBI, the Guardian reported. The second dossier was compiled by Cody Shearer, who the Guardian identifies as a “a controversial political activist and former journalist who was close to the Clinton White House in the 1990s.”

That’s putting it mildly. Shearer in fact has long been linked to the sleaziest aspects of the Clinton operation, mainly through his close relationship with Clinton confidant Sidney Blumenthal. Longtime observers of the Clinton ecosystem know that when Cody appears, Sid Blumenthal is not far behind. A ceaseless schemer, Blumenthal was so offensive to the Obama White House that he was banned from an official role at Mrs. Clinton’s State Department. But that barely slowed him down. As documented by Judicial Watch and others, Blumenthal was a constant presence by Mrs. Clinton’s side during her State Department years.

Blumenthal and Shearer are connected to a global network of intelligence and military freelancers. They played a dangerous game meddling in Libyan affairs after the fall of Muammar Gaddafi. They supplied intelligence to Secretary of State Clinton in the weeks leading up to the Benghazi debacle and pitched deals to make money off the Libyan turmoil. ProPublica reports at length on the Blumenthal and Shearer’s Libyan efforts here. According to Judicial Watch’s reporting, during Mrs. Clinton’s State Department tenure, Blumenthal also promoted African business deals and meddled in European Union elections.

As for Shearer, he has a long history of dirty tricks. He’s been linked to Whitewater-era efforts to dirty up Bill Clinton critics; to shakedown politics involving the Cheyenne-Arapaho Indian tribe; and to fronting for Bosnian Serb butcher Radovan Karadzic. Read more about it here and here.

The Guardian reports that the new Shearer document makes some of the same allegations about Mr. Trump as the original Christopher Steele dossier, including “lewd acts at a five-star hotel” in Moscow. It also notes that Steele passed on the Shearer report to the FBI in October 2016, but would not vouch for its accuracy. That’s worth pausing over.

According to the Guardian, Steele provided “a copy [of the Shearer report] because it corresponded with what he had separately heard from his own independent sources.” If the reporting here is accurate, that’s quite a coincidence—that Cody Shearer and Christopher Steele were hearing the same things from different sources at pretty much the same time. A closer look at timelines and sources might be revealing. If Sid and Cody are behind the original Russian dossier sources, that would be big news indeed.

https://www.judicialwatch.org/...n-dossier-enter-sid/

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
Comey is feeling the heat-
http://www.foxnews.com/politic...in-twitter-rant.html

Former FBI Director James Comey lashed out at unnamed "weasels and liars" on social media late Thursday, hours before President Trump was expected to declassify a controversial memo about purported surveillance abuses over the objections of Democrats.

"All should appreciate the FBI speaking up. I wish more of our leaders would," Comey wrote on Twitter. "But take heart: American history shows that, in the long run, weasels and liars never hold the field, so long as good people stand up.

The FBI's HQ is in the J EDGAR HOOVER Building!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post