SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
After Acosta’s stunt and how bias CNN & MSLSD have been covering this event, I think South Korea should ban them from being broadcast in their country, seeming that they are trying to derail any progress we’re trying to make in denuclearization of the peninsula.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5366 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post

Posts: 18004 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
^^^ That was fantastic Big Grin

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3439 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.foxnews.com/politic...-info-on-firing.html

Fired FBI official Andrew McCabe's lawyers file suit against FBI, DOJ and its watchdog

Lawyers representing former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe filed a suit against the Justice Department and FBI on Tuesday, alleging that they wouldn't give up files connected to his ouster.

McCabe’s lawyers claimed the Justice Department has denied access to the sought-after information out of concern that the documents could be later used against them, the lawsuit said. The suit also named the office of the DOJ inspector general.

“We don’t create or adjudicate under secret law or procedure,” David Snyder, a lawyer representing McCabe, told The Associated Press.

unless DoJ is trying to frame Donald Trump

According to the lawsuit, McCabe's firing came after "proceedings that violated federal law and departed from applicable administrative rules, standards, policies and procedures." It noted that the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requires related documents to be produced for review.

"Defendants, however, have not disclosed those materials, whether proactively or upon request from Plaintiff as counsel for Mr. McCabe. That failure is contrary to law," the lawsuit said. "It is incongruous with Defendants' public, and repeated, representations to the effect that Mr. McCabe was dismissed from the FBI following an 'extensive and fair investigation' which was carried out 'according to Department of Justice procedure.'"

McCabe's lawyers signaled they wanted "immediate" access to documents including an inspector general manual outlining the guidelines governing the office and FBI policy guides on how disciplinary matters should be handled.

McCabe's lawyers said they wanted the records as they "seek to vindicate Mr. McCabe's rights and restore his good name," and as they weighed whether to take more legal action.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
alleging that they wouldn't give up files connected to his ouster.

quote:
McCabe's lawyers said they wanted the records as they "seek to vindicate Mr. McCabe's rights and restore his good name," and as they weighed whether to take more legal action.

Huh?

You can sue former employers for records related to your firing? Never heard of such a thing?

I could imagine asking for them at discovery for a wrongful termination lawsuit. Other than that, why or how would a former employer be required to provide former employee their employment records? Has anyone on here demanded their former employer to provide employment records? If so what compelled your former employer to furnish them?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20738 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw this and had a good laugh.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Throw in CNN and it’s a deal!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm, Gavin Newsom or Kim Jong Un in charge.... apples and apples there.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3439 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
Hmmmm, Gavin Newsom or Kim Jong Un in charge.... apples and apples there.

Not even close. Gavin Useless, uh I mean Gavin Nuisance makes Kim Jong Un look positively rational.

Posts: 6864 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
"He was too nice to him"

Evidence that the left is in outright desperation mode.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Two Norwegian lawmakers nominate Trump for Nobel Peace Prize

A pair of Norwegian lawmakers have nominated President Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize after he signed an agreement with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un on Tuesday to work towards the denuclearization of the Korean peninsula.

The nomination, reported by Norway's state broadcaster NRK, comes a little more than a month after a group of House Republicans sent a letter to the Norwegian Nobel Committee formally requesting that the president get nominated for the highly coveted prize.

The Norwegian lawmakers who nominated Trump were Christian Tybring-Gjedde and Per-Willy Amundsen of the country's right-leaning Progress Party, which advocates for limited immigration and shrinking the size of government.

The nomination is for the 2019 prize, because nominations for this year closed in January.

Some Republicans have floated Trump's name for the Nobel Prize in recent months as he worked towards negotiations with North Korea. Those efforts materialized on Tuesday in a historic face-to-face meeting with Kim.

During the summit, Trump and Kim signed a brief document committing the U.S. to unspecified security guarantees for North Korea in exchange for the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.

But some have raised concerns about the substance of the agreement, and whether it offers a clear enough path to North Korea's denuclearization, a promise that Pyongyang has made — and broken — many times in the past.

The president has also come under bipartisan scrutiny for his announcement that the U.S. would be halting its "war games" exercises with South Korean while talks with Pyongyang are ongoing.

Trump declared on Wednesday that "there is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea."

Lawmakers and academics from around the world can send nominations for the Nobel Prize. Last year's winner was the International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons.

The most recent Americans to win the Peace Prize were then-President Obama in 2009 and former Vice President Al Gore in 2007.

http://thehill.com/homenews/ad...or-nobel-peace-prize

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Stupid useless award, but if it pisses off the libs, I'm good Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6187 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
Stupid useless award, but if it pisses off the libs, I'm good Wink

CNN/MSNBC in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 - boom

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:

The most recent Americans to win the Peace Prize were then-President Obama in 2009 and former Vice President Al Gore in 2007.

A Happy Meal from McDonald's carries more significance now than this worthless "prize."

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30282 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
You may be seeing lots of this today, I know I am:

Roll Eyes
quote:

5 Media Myths Of Trump-Kim Summit

Myth #1: Trump "betrayed" US ally South Korea
Myth #2: Trump "empowered" and "legitimized" Kim
Myth #3: The summit marks a "propaganda victory" for North Korea
Myth #4: Trump "gave away the store" with "too many concessions"
Myth #5: The agreement will fail for lack of details and its vagueness

From Zero Hedge:

Career State Department Officer Rages: 5 Media Myths Of Trump-Kim Summit --- During and after the Trump-Kim meeting Van Buren live tweeted in reaction to the cable news shows repeatedly slamming the whole event as a charade merely meant to score domestic propaganda victories for both leaders. Here are 5 media myths which persisted throughout the day's wall-to-wall mainstream coverage based on career State Department expert Peter Van Buren's analysis...

Posts: 33567 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Those Norwegians sure like to jump quickly, don't they?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107222 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Sending tea kettles across ice, I mean curling, will do that to people.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
You may be seeing lots of this today, I know I am:

Roll Eyes
quote:

5 Media Myths Of Trump-Kim Summit

Myth #1: Trump "betrayed" US ally South Korea
Myth #2: Trump "empowered" and "legitimized" Kim
Myth #3: The summit marks a "propaganda victory" for North Korea
Myth #4: Trump "gave away the store" with "too many concessions"
Myth #5: The agreement will fail for lack of details and its vagueness

From Zero Hedge:

Career State Department Officer Rages: 5 Media Myths Of Trump-Kim Summit --- During and after the Trump-Kim meeting Van Buren live tweeted in reaction to the cable news shows repeatedly slamming the whole event as a charade merely meant to score domestic propaganda victories for both leaders. Here are 5 media myths which persisted throughout the day's wall-to-wall mainstream coverage based on career State Department expert Peter Van Buren's analysis...
Missed one:
Myth #6: Suspending "War Games" because Putin suggested it

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6187 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.3f5d6ef3ed82

President Trump to receive briefing on inspector general’s Clinton email report before it goes public

Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein is expected to brief President Trump on Thursday about the inspector general report on law enforcement’s handling of the Hillary Clinton email probe before it is released to the public

Capitol Hill staffers said the brief to President Trump has been shifted to the afternoon.

The scheduling change was apparently made to accommodate the White House

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

not clear when we get to see it tomorrow

adding: CT says public release at 3pm

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,