SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRBTX:
beto throwing rocks at the window trying to get attention.
I am so embarrassed that this critter is from Texas (and almost defeated Ted Cruz). I am not a Native Texan, but I got here as soon as I could (38 years ago) and Beto does not represent the Texas I know and love.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trump said the documents were “so bad” that there were some things the public should not see. “Maybe it’s better that the public not see what’s been going on with this country,” he added.

I think if it sheds light on corruption and attempts to destroy the country, no matter how bad, it should be made public

no matter who the person or organization is

let the people decide how to absorb it

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“The first two years of the Trump administration demonstrated that President Trump is not undermining these institutions, nor is he abandoning American leadership. Quite the opposite. In the finest traditions of our great democracy, we are rallying the noble nations of the world to build a new liberal order that prevents war and achieves greater prosperity for all.”
— Mike Pompeo, U.S. Secretary of State

https://www.oann.com/secretary...order-upheld-by-u-s/

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Bill Kristol has been one of the most aggressive NeverTrumpers.

Kristol started the Weekly Standard magazine back in 1995.

From OANN:

Multiple sources tell me that neocon magazine Weekly Standard is expected to close its operations in a few weeks. It had lost many subscribers since the 2016 election as its #NeverTrumper editors Bill Kristol, Stephen Hayes, Charlie Sykes publicly aligned with the Left.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

from CNN

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/04...uncertain/index.html

The fate of The Weekly Standard, the conservative magazine that has staked out a position as a publication on the right still critical of President Donald Trump, is uncertain, Editor-in-Chief Stephen Hayes told staff in a series of phone calls Tuesday, according to two people familiar with the matter.

The magazine's precarious position comes after its leadership spent months searching for a buyer, the people told CNN.

The people explained that The Weekly Standard's leadership had butted heads with MediaDC, the current publisher of the magazine, and that the two parties had agreed to allow Hayes to search for a new owner.

However, MediaDC recently informed The Weekly Standard's leadership that the company was no longer interested in a sale, the people said.

Instead, Ryan McKibben, the chairman of MediaDC, asked to meet with Hayes in a meeting tentatively scheduled for late next week, the people said. McKibben, they said, also requested the entire staff of The Weekly Standard be made available following the meeting.

Employees at the magazine are bracing for the worst, multiple people familiar with the matter told CNN.

Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
I hope the Weekly Standard folds. Those sell-out motherfuckers deserve unemployment.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
That's fine they are mofos and all, but they will never be the real deal.... sigforum mofos.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Multiple sources tell me that neocon magazine Weekly Standard is expected to close its operations in a few weeks. It had lost many subscribers since the 2016 election as its #NeverTrumper editors Bill Kristol, Stephen Hayes, Charlie Sykes publicly aligned with the Left.

Awwwwwwwwwwwww

What will they do now?

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
That's fine they are mofos and all, but they will never be the real deal.... sigforum mofos.

“Membership has its privileges”
Wink

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
This is an interesting read.
It's riveting.

https://twitter.com/ClandestineRos1

posted Hide Post
I want to be honest with everyone. I absolutely hated Trump until 3:00 AM on November 9, 2016 when it became apparent that not only did Trump win the election, but the House and Senate were still safely in Republican control. It was at that point that I became a rabid Trump fan.

You just can't argue with success like that.

I've been more impressed with Trump's second year than his first and I was damn impressed with his first year.

I expect the next two years to be even better. Trump does best when he has a target to aim at and the Democrats just handed him one in the form of Pelosi.

As an aside, has anyone else noticed that when Republican leadership screws up they are gone, but the Democrats keep pulling out the same tired faces expecting something different?

Posts: 6608 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Report This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's riveting.

I perused it. Fascinating. This Sigform Mofo would love to ClandestineRosenstein’s reasonings prove to be correct.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Broadside:
...the Democrats keep pulling out the same tired faces expecting something different?
That's a sure sign of insanity.

flashguy

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by divil:
quote:
It's riveting.

I perused it. Fascinating. This Sigform Mofo would love to ClandestineRosenstein’s reasonings prove to be correct.

Yes it is fascinating, I hope this is correct too.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I am reading this morning that the MSM is making a big deal out of Trump not reciting the Apostles Creed at the Bush funeral.

I have noticed a trend in the MSM lately attempting to use Christianity against Christians.
That is so 2 faced of some to lecture Christians about their faith when these media types are non believers and or cafeteria Christians.. Argh!

I don't recite that creed either because I am an Apostolic Pentecostal type who believes in the One God, not the Trinity and besides, I'm not Catholic.

I guess the MSM might not know such as they pretend to be somehow be experts on Christianity.
Not all Christians recite that creed.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Did you see da Preezy's tweet that if it weren't for Mueller's phony witch hunt, his approval rating would be at 75%? Big Grin

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
If Trump had recited the Apostle's Creed, then the media outcry would have been over the separation of church and state. It's a no-win situation the media creates.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2540 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Some Baptist congregations don't recite any Creed at all, and most Pentecostals don't. I doubt that Unitarians do, either (at least not one referring to a Triune God).

flashguy

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Trump/Haley 2020?

REPORT: Trump, Aides 'Seriously Considering' Replacing Mike Pence On 2020 Ticket

https://www.dailywire.com/news...lacing-emily-zanotti

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Trump/Haley 2020?

REPORT: Trump, Aides 'Seriously Considering' Replacing Mike Pence On 2020 Ticket

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Why??

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Trump/Haley 2020?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Why??

must be true, it is being reported in the conservative bastion, Vanity Fair...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post