SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
This is an hour long video of Google management and personnel having a discussion right after the 2016 election. I just jumped around thru the video and watched little bits and pieces.

What an unbelievable bunch of phony elites so out of touch with everyday America. Full of themselves to the point of bursting.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech...n-to-trump-election/

Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
So Puerto Rico cannot disburse a million bottles of water on their frickin island and now its Trumps fault?

What am I missing?

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Here is an outstanding video at Sarah Sander's presser on Monday with Kevin Hassett, basically the head economist in the WH, giving a nerdy powerpoint briefing on why Obama was lying about the current economy. For those who like data, facts, and truth, it is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVh6eLSWGVo

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“I regret that he didn’t have more time with President Trump,” Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham told The Associated Press this week about McCain, his late friend and mentor. Graham noted McCain was able to forgive his captors during the Vietnam War. “Who knows what would have happened over time?”

Graham’s unexplained optimism, his eager attempts to soften Trump’s rough edges, have confused colleagues and caused double-takes across Washington. The South Carolina Republican was McCain’s best friend in the Senate, a self-described student of his politics and personal integrity. But he has deviated dramatically in his approach to the tempestuous and divisive president. While others stayed their distance — McCain perhaps most of all — Graham has gone all in, transforming himself into liaison, translator and, critics say, enabler of the president…”

https://apnews.com/4c986ce4236f4bb5944dd94608a38f67

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Dare I say, another win coming Big Grin

TRUMP’S LABOR BOARD MAY OVERTURN OBAMA’S JOINT-EMPLOYER RULE.

The National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) issued a proposal Thursday that would overturn an Obama-era interpretation of the joint-employer standard that has troubled franchisers for years.

The NLRB is responsible for mediating disputes between workers and employers and enforcing labor laws. It also oversees certain union processes, such as elections.

The board overturned three decades of precedent in 2014 and broadened the definition of a “joint-employer” to include any business or employer that shared “direct or indirect” control over employees. The expanded definition largely affected franchisers, making them liable for labor violations committed by individual franchisees.

“The NLRB’s proposed rule seeks to restore longstanding principles on what establishes a joint employer relationship, which rightly center around direct and substantive control over work conditions of another business,” Competitive Enterprise Institute labor policy analyst Trey Kovacs said in a statement.

“The proposed new standard will create greater certainty for businesses, which will allow employers to plan for the future and be confident in knowing what kinds of business-to-business arrangements will establish a joint employer relationship,” he continued.

Since the definition of a joint-employer was expanded, corporate franchisors have been rolling back support for franchisees who have purchased the rights to open a business under the brand name, Great Clips franchise owner Jerry Akers told The Daily Caller News Foundation.

Franchisors typically provide guidance to store owners opening a new business. Since 2014, franchisors have been trying to distance themselves from the store owners to evade being classified as a joint-employer, Akers told TheDNCF.

Unions have fought to keep the new definition of a joint-employer, arguing that the new rule allows workers to have a greater say in bargaining. Under the current rule, unions may bargain with the franchisor and franchisee together as joint-employers instead of the just the franchisee.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/0...t-employer-standard/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
“I regret that he didn’t have more time with President Trump,” Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham told The Associated Press this week about McCain, his late friend and mentor. Graham noted McCain was able to forgive his captors during the Vietnam War. “Who knows what would have happened over time?”

Graham’s unexplained optimism, his eager attempts to soften Trump’s rough edges, have confused colleagues and caused double-takes across Washington. The South Carolina Republican was McCain’s best friend in the Senate, a self-described student of his politics and personal integrity. But he has deviated dramatically in his approach to the tempestuous and divisive president. While others stayed their distance — McCain perhaps most of all — Graham has gone all in, transforming himself into liaison, translator and, critics say, enabler of the president…”

https://apnews.com/4c986ce4236f4bb5944dd94608a38f67

Lindsey Graham is a follower. Never has been, never will be a leader. He finds someone powerful and hitches his wagon to them. Then, he seems important.

It's just the way he is.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

ain't that the truth

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^^

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38600 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
That Kevin Hassett economic video was awesome! Definitely worth watching. Cool

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
From October 13, 2016, pre-election Trump:

Link to original video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tHsZxJlxHYw

Thanks to The Conservative Treehouse. Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Great speech. Worth watching again. Thanks for posting.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
Looks like President Trump picked up another endorsement.

This week at Emory University, Ex-President Jimmy Carter said . . .

“If I were foolish enough to feel I could be president again and I got to be president, I think the first thing I would do would be to change all of the policies that President Trump has initiated since he has been in office. Link

Gas lines, 18% interest rates, 13% inflation, Iranian hostage crisis, and so much more. Yea, we should go back to that. Confused

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tubetone:

“If I were foolish enough to feel I could be president again and I got to be president, I think the first thing I would do would be to change all of the policies that President Trump has initiated since he has been in office.

Gas lines, 18% interest rates, 13% inflation, Iranian hostage crisis, and so much more. Yea, we should go back to that. Confused

You would think Carter would be grateful that Obummer supplanted him as the worst president the U.S. has ever had but it seems like he wants his title back. He really should just STFU.

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Audioholic:
quote:

“If I were foolish enough to feel I could be president again and I got to be president, I think the first thing I would do would be to change all of the policies that President Trump has initiated since he has been in office.

You would think Carter would be grateful that Obummer supplanted him as the worst president the U.S. has ever had but it seems like he wants his title back. He really should just STFU.

Carter could not grow peanuts without going bankrupt.If he were not an ex president, he would not have a pot to piss in.

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
^^^^
That video is AWESOME! Shoves it right up the liberals back hole Smile

"Losers always whine about doing their best....winners go home and fuck the prom queen"

Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Audioholic:
quote:

I agree. It seems that the Democrats are so void of new leaders that they are dusting off the old failed crews.

Obama and Carter to teach us of good national policies? Kerry to teach us of good international policies?

These people seem, in effect, more like endorsements of Trump and an admission that the Democrats have nothing new to offer except brainless Bernieism (scrambled in various ways) or old failures.

There's nothing more frightening to them than a man with a magic wand. Big Grin

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Dye the President's hair black, take off a few years, and put glasses on him: voila! Harry Potter!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Dye the President's hair black, take off a few years, and put glasses on him: voila! Harry Potter!

flashguy

President Trump and his staff do seem to know how it works . . . and more importantly, how to fix things for our benefit.

While the left is working hard to sell the O.K. hand signal as the new racism (despite being found in the hand of the first black president, Bill Clinton, and the non-pro-black president, Barack Obama), all Americans are enjoying the daily growing benefits of our 45th president's magic wand.

Yes, Obama, he has it and you don't . . . and you never did.

Obama and Hillary even mocked that manufacturing jobs and economic renewal were possible.

Now, trotting the old failures out to tell us that they want to return their failures to us seems like quite a vote-getting strategy for pro-Trump Republicans.