SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
poor old Fauxahontas Warren

she just discovered the 25th Amendment and wants to invoke it

I guess she doesn't have the brainpower to figure that if they were to do that, we'd do the very same thing with the very next democratic president

which won't be her

so she can keep her feathers ruffled

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53158 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Summabich didn't know that CNN was really on top of it all along.

Posts: 22891 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“Annual wage growth hit a nine-year high in the US last month as the economy created more jobs than expected.

Average hourly earnings rose by 0.4% in August, pushing the annual rate of increase to 2.9% - the fastest pace since June 2009…”

www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45448323

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8924 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Aaaaaaanytime now, Trump is gonna tank! Razz

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107462 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Donald Trump’s Real Crime: Obstruction of Liberalism

It’s become the most unforgivable hate crime.

American Spectator
Ron Ross

As Democrats, the media, and the rest of the left flail from one Trump accusation to another, they have not yet admitted what their real problem with him actually is. The particulars of their complaints are not what bothers them most about the president. For example, it’s not obstruction of justice that offends them — what actually bothers them most is obstruction of liberalism. On that, he is guilty as charged.

Donald Trump poses a real and imminent threat to virtually everything liberals hold dear and much of everything that defines them. By doing so he has made their lives miserable.

It’s not just that Trump is obstructing liberalism, it’s that he’s doing it so efficiently and unconventionally. The list of Trump’s offenses is long and growing. Near the top is the near obliteration of Barack Obama’s legacy. Obama, his policies, and his administration were all cookie-cutter liberalism.

Fortunately, for conservatives, Obama was incompetent and lazy. He frittered away most of his eight years in office. His achievements were not robust. Most of them have not withstood Trump’s onslaught and that onslaught is not over. Erasing the Obama legacy is an enormous step backward for liberalism. It will be very difficult for liberalism to regain its momentum.

Liberal policies and goals are, in their minds, a birthright. Resistance to those policies is blasphemous and sacrilegious. They know that this is a fight for survival. Their fear and panic are understandable. Even their hate is understandable, but it is not excusable.

Liberals have never encountered anything like Trump. They can’t knock him off course. Countless times the Trump despisers have believed he was a goner for sure. We got him this time! It’s almost comical to watch. Nothing they do to stop him works as it’s supposed to. He doesn’t play by their rules. He makes liberals feel impotent. He is relentless; he has no reverse gear. His counter punches pack twice the wallop as the first punch. When criticized, he doubles down. No wonder they’re depressed.

Trump baits his opponents and they always take the bait. They’re obviously not the sharpest knives in the drawer. The left has no sense of humor, which is another way he makes them look foolish.

An amazing thing about Trump is that his behavior is not dictated by other people’s opinions. The importance of that can hardly be exaggerated. That attitude is extremely rare and incredibly empowering. One of the keys to understanding the over-the-top hatred of Trump is this: people who have no backbones hate people who do have backbones.

A column by Wayne Allen Root was titled, “Trump Proves the Torture Works.” Specifically, it works to force confessions. His words and deeds have smoked them out and they can no longer contain themselves. They are showing their true colors.

They are controlled by their hatred. They hate every fiber of his being and everything about him — his personality, his attitude, his appointees, and his supporters. The same things liberals hate about him are the things his supporters love about him.

Because of their hatred, they cannot think straight. They can barely think at all. They can only react; they’ve become reptilian. They are still in a state of shock that he won and that he is president.

Trump totally dominates Democrats thoughts and actions. They are completely obsessed with “resistance.” They have no energy or time left to define or advance their own objectives. He has cast a spell on them and taken control of their brains.

An example is his signature motto, “Make America Great Again.” His opponents cannot get those four words out of their minds. They don’t know how to deal them. They have said, “[America] was never that great” (Andrew Cuomo), and “America was always great” (Meghan McCain).

Another example is Trump’s use of tweets to communicate with his base. The media and the rest of the Trump haters despise his tweets. However, they absolutely cannot ignore them. They read them all and report on many of them. In a very real sense, they act as his publicists. Ironically, it’s one of the reasons he got elected. They are drawn like a moth to a flame.

Tweets have provided Trump with a direct and unfiltered connection with friends and foes alike. That is an incredibly valuable asset and it’s one of the ways he has neutered the media. They are no longer the gatekeepers of his message.

For conservatives this is a fun time to be alive. For the others I would only ask, “Hey, Trump haters, how’s that working for you?”

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
They are controlled by their hatred. They hate every fiber of his being and everything about him — his personality, his attitude, his appointees, and his supporters. The same things liberals hate about him are the things his supporters love about him.

Because of their hatred, they cannot think straight. They can barely think at all. They can only react; they’ve become reptilian. They are still in a state of shock that he won and that he is president.

Trump totally dominates Democrats thoughts and actions. They are completely obsessed with “resistance.” They have no energy or time left to define or advance their own objectives. He has cast a spell on them and taken control of their brains.
Reading this makes me giddy. Big Grin

Hang on, I'm gonna read it again. Big Grin

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
He has cast a spell on them and taken control of their brains.

I’m reminded of the “zombie fungus” that takes over ants’ bodies to spread their infection to other ants.

The difference of course is that the ants don’t willingly cooperate with the fungus and say, “Yes! I want you to infect me so I become obsessed with you.”

Makes me smile.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47394 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Trump will use the military budget, or Homeland's, to build the wall. Big Grin

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...s-wont-fund-DHS.html

I'm very happy to see this. The Democrats and his many enemies in the Republican Party have stymied efforts to get this project going. But he can do it, if necessary, by going around them.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.atr.org/thanks-tax...s-are-lowering-rates

Thanks to the tax cuts passed by the Republican House and Senate and signed by President Donald Trump, at least 120 utilities across the country are lowering rates for customers

Examples include:

Tampa Electric (Tampa Florida)
Duke Energy Ohio, Inc. (Cincinnati, Ohio)
Consumers Energy (Jackson, Michigan)
Appalachian Power Company (Milton, West Virginia)
Entergy New Orleans (New Orleans, Louisiana)
Kansas City Power and Light (Kansas City Missouri)
NorthWestern Energy (Butte, Montana)
Quadvest (Tomball, Texas)
Alabama Power (Birmingham, Alabama)
Alaska Electric Light and Power (Juneau, Alaska)

list at link

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
My favorite take-aways from JALLEN’s post:

“Nothing they do to stop him works as it’s supposed to. He doesn’t play by their rules.”

“An amazing thing about Trump is that his behavior is not dictated by other people’s opinions. The importance of that can hardly be exaggerated.”

“Trump totally dominates Democrats thoughts and actions. They are completely obsessed with “resistance.” They have no energy or time left to define or advance their own objectives. He has cast a spell on them and taken control of their brains.”

President Trump is the most amazing politician to appear in decades. Or maybe I should say the most amazing man in the political arena. He’s not actually a politician.

Serious about crackers

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
He’s not actually a politician.

As I’ve observed many times, people claim to hate politicians, but as soon as an elected official doesn’t act like a politician, they hate that even more.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47394 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Is Obama regretting that 2011 White House Corrspondents dinner humiliation of Trump yet?
Revenge served very cold.
LInk

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5734 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
What's hilarious about Trump eating cereal, above, is Jeb Bush on the side of the milk carton. I just saw that and busted out with laughter. Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“The U.S. plans to close the Palestine Liberation Organization office in Washington in its latest show of support for the U.S-Israel relationship.

National Security Adviser John Bolton was expected to discuss the plans in a speech Monday, saying the Trump administration wouldn't keep the office open 'when the Palestinians refuse to take steps to start direct and meaningful negotiations with Israel,' according to prepared remarks…”

https://dailym.ai/2oUPhd5

Serious about crackers

The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D 9/10/18

Description

INTERVIEW - JOE DIGENOVA - legal analyst and former US Attorney to the District of Columbia

Former Trump campaign aide Papadopoulos sentenced to 14 days in jail for lying to FBI in Mueller probe
Joe says the Mueller probe is wrapping up.
Trump expected to declassify Carter Page and Bruce Ohr documents as soon as this week...
JONATHAN SWAN OF AXIOS: President Trump was bluffing when he tweeted that he knows the successor to White House counsel Don McGahn, and instead he is vacillating about new legal leaders as he girds for open warfare with Democrats and Robert Mueller. The newest name on the president's mind: Fannie Mae general counsel Brian Brooks, two sources with direct knowledge tell me.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
“Trump totally dominates Democrats thoughts and actions. They are completely obsessed with “resistance.” They have no energy or time left to define or advance their own objectives. He has cast a spell on them and taken control of their brains.”

Big Grin
Winning!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24049 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cliff:
Joey D 9/10/18

Description

INTERVIEW - JOE DIGENOVA - legal analyst and former US Attorney to the District of Columbia

Former Trump campaign aide Papadopoulos sentenced to 14 days in jail for lying to FBI in Mueller probe
Joe says the Mueller probe is wrapping up.
Trump expected to declassify Carter Page and Bruce Ohr documents as soon as this week...
JONATHAN SWAN OF AXIOS: President Trump was bluffing when he tweeted that he knows the successor to White House counsel Don McGahn, and instead he is vacillating about new legal leaders as he girds for open warfare with Democrats and Robert Mueller. The newest name on the president's mind: Fannie Mae general counsel Brian Brooks, two sources with direct knowledge tell me.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="180" src="https://omny.fm/shows/mornings-on-the-mall/09-10-18-joe-digenova-no-ppm/embed?style=artwork" width="100%"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Those are some pretty specific predictions, Joe. Indictments, declassification of FISA docs, plot to get Gen. Flynn, etc.

Let’s see what happens.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I wondered how long it might take for President Trump to get around to this. The Krimson Kenyan starts running his egotistical, ignorant mouth and...

President Trump says he has a 'magic wand' for the economy

Hey, Barry, you JACKASS FOOL. Big Grin