SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
good

will give Jeff Sessions something to do other than sit around with his head up his ass

I am trying to figure out what he's doing to earn a paycheck

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
My position was simple, that a case might be made against these stores who've decided not to sell to a whole age group based solely on the store's belief that those people aren't worthy, and it appears that that may be so.

You were right.
https://www.reuters.com/articl...ng-age-idUSKCN1GI2CG

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
It appears that this ploy may only work in Oregon, which has a more liberal age-discrimination law than most other states.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
A tweet from Jake Gibson (Fox news producer):

Jeff Sessions on calls for second Special Counsel:

“I have appointed a person outside of Washington, many years in the Department of Justice, to look at all the allegations that the House Judiciary Committee members sent to us and we're conducting that investigation."

https://twitter.com/shannonbream?lang=en

adding: Fox News w Shannon Bream is on right now. She just said she will be broadcasting an interview w Sessions in a few minutes and he will address the second special counsel issue.

So Jeff Sessions did say the quote above. He said he is considering the request for a second special counsel. He was very supportive of President Trump and said that Donald Trump gets things done.

Sessions seemed committed to guarantee that the FISA process is done properly. I would say the congressional committees and President Trump have his attention. He expressed confidence in FBI Dir Wray and noted that the upper management of the FBI has been rolled over w new people.

Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Winning: U.S. Steel to Call Back 500 Employees to Illinois Plant After Trump Announces Tariffs on Foreign Steel

United States Steel announced Wednesday morning that it would call back 500 employees to work at its Granite City, Illinois, plant after President Donald Trump announced that the U.S. would impose tariffs on foreign steel.
“Our Granite City Works facility and employees, as well as the surrounding community, have suffered too long from the unending waves of unfairly traded steel products that have flooded U.S. markets,” U.S. Steel President and Chief Executive Officer David B. Burritt said in a statement released Wednesday.

The steel company announced that it would need the additional personnel to support increased demand for steel after President Trump announced last week that the U.S. would impose tariffs on aluminum and steel imports.

Company leaders praised President Trump for his decision to increase competition among different companies, adding that steel imports threaten this country’s economic and national security.

The Granite City plant idled its blast furnaces and its steel-making facilities in December 2015 and idled its hot strip mill in January 2016 because of a sluggish market.

The plant re-opened its steel-making facilities on the heels of Trump’s announcement, asking the 500 employees to work in the previously shuttered steel-making facilities as soon as this month. It could take up to four months before the company can restart the blast furnaces entirely.

http://www.breitbart.com/econo...riffs-foreign-steel/

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
High standards,
low expectations
Picture of Surefire
posted Hide Post
The tariff on steel and aluminum may or may not be “winning” - yet to be seen how the overall impact plays out.

The reward for hard work, is more hard work arcwelder76, 2013

Posts: 5252 | Location: Edmonton AB, Canada | Registered: July 05, 2003Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I simply think its a negotiating point

you dump cheap subsidized shit on our shores, and we will tariff something in return

if it leads to better and more fair trade, I am all for it but how does US business compete when stuff is being dumped here for pennies on the dollar?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, by all means, let's do continue to get walked on so as not upset those buggering us. Roll Eyes

President Trump knows what he is doing. Let him stand up for us. No one else- no one else- is going to stand up for us.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Sessions might be busier than I thought:

https://theconservativetreehou...t-a-special-counsel/

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Judge Andrew Napolitano: Why Trump remains smack in the middle of Mueller's legal crosshairs

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion...egal-crosshairs.html

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't listen to that guy any more. Too biased, but he acts as if he's so objective.

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
Judge Andrew Napolitano: Why Trump remains smack in the middle of Mueller's legal crosshairs

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion...egal-crosshairs.html

His opinion only, not very valuable IMO.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
I know he can be hit or miss. I hope he's dead wrong in this case.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He needs to just be quiet, or do what he's going to do anyway- go to MSNBC.

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Napolitano likes to say what will get attention. When Comey was about to announce his decision about Hillary, Napolitano said he knew many FBI agents-- MANY of them-- who said that if Comey did not recommend prosecution, there would be a massive walkout of agents. Massive! Roll Eyes

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Would you believe Sam Nunberg?

Not for a second.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Would you believe Sam Nunberg?

Not for a second.

I would, if he said "I'm drucking funk!"

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I don't listen to that guy any more. Too biased, but he acts as if he's so objective.

Exactly!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Big announcement coming at 7 ET tonight from South Korea, premably about a meet between the NoKos and SoKos.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Seems there may actually be a meeting between the President and rocket man.

You just know the left is going to hate this because Trump may actually resolve this crazy business in north Korea.

Then again, how can we really every trust that psychotic little man?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post