SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's the only way

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
John Bolton:

'I think the surest way to avoid conflict is to have a strong military capability,' he told Sky News.

'As the ancient Romans used to say: Si vis pacem, para bellum - if you want peace, prepare for war.'

I always remember "Peace through superior firepower" or something like that.

JC

Posts: 1269 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's common sense to me.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Sanity may prevail. Trump is threatening to veto the omnibus budget bill. Rush had it right: the swamp and leftists created this POS to weaken Trump supporters resolve should he sign it.

I want the President to veto this absurd spending bill. But what happens then? Most of the Congress criminals have fled DC already i think. Trump will effectively be shutting down the government for at least a few days. It's the right thing to do regardless, but he'll certainly take a beating over it if he does. Unfortunately he most likely will sign it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
He has completely stolen the "poor DACA kids" away from the dems and is jamming it down their throats in a public spectacle. THIS IS BEAUTIFUL!!!

I am sending him a note through Whitehouse.gov (or whichever site it is) asking him to veto it.

WINNING!!!

The "Boz"

Posts: 1531 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Report This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I pray for a Veto. Frown

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
It's a conundrum for sure. A veto would be what's best for the country but would be bad for him in the short term. Personally I hope he vetoes it and lets the chips fall where they may.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Obviously, this is from a few years back, but Donald Trump eviscerates the fraud Chuck Todd. Ol' Chuck's perpetually red ass makes more sense now, doesn't it? Chuckie has never gotten over on The Donald and it makes him sad and angry.

"Your people called my office 40 times."

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Sanity may prevail. Trump is threatening to veto the omnibus budget bill. Rush had it right: the swamp and leftists created this POS to weaken Trump supporters resolve should he sign it.
There seem to be plenty here who will abandon the President at the drop of a hat.

Yesterday, I locked a thread full of pissing and moaning over this. Maybe those guys woud prefer Hillary Clinton as President. What do you think we'd have then?

Whatever happened to loyalty and gratitude?

I saw that lock. Here I'm simply indicating what appears to be the strategy of loading the omnibus bill with tons of social leftist wants and short changing some of Trump's like the wall.

I'm giddy over the continued "winning" by Trump in the face of all the absurd opposition.

Here, with this bill, I think he'd be better served sticking to his guns, vetoing, and letting there be a shut down that he can lay on the swamp-leftist cabal where it would belong.

Rush just came on locally and opened with saying it is indeed a Deep State POS that should be vetoed as it is designed to undermine Trump's agenda. OMG the specifics he's identifying are all the opposite of what Trump wanted. He calls it a slap in the face. That's a mild description.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
I pray for a Veto. Frown

You can do more than pray.

Send President Trump a short message and ask him to veto it.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/

Posts: 1456 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
News conference announced just now for 1 pm eastern. The President will handle it.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rackrack:
quote:
I pray for a Veto. Frown

Just did. Thanks!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I want the President to veto this absurd spending bill. But what happens then? Most of the Congress criminals have fled DC already i think. Trump will effectively be shutting down the government for at least a few days. It's the right thing to do regardless, but he'll certainly take a beating over it if he does. Unfortunately he most likely will sign it.

We've been down this path before. Does anyone actually believe the government gets shut down? To tell the truth, it's a great way to find out who is "non-essential," as they (and their contractors) are the only ones who don't get paid.

Strike that. Even the non-essentials get paid. Only it's after the unannounced "vacation" ends.

Living so near the belly of the beast, the greatest harm done by shutting down the government is the reduction in rush hour traffic. Oh, darn.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Report This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
News conference announced just now for 1 pm eastern. The President will handle it.

This could be a truly epic news conference.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Report This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
I pray for a Veto. Frown

Just did. Thanks!

Also did that too!

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I pray for a Veto. Frown

Just did. Thanks!

Also did that too!

Did my part...

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Report This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Well shit. He's signing it!!

Jim

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Damn...very disappointed. Appease appease appease once again.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
He signed the POS bill. I'm disappointed and am starting to have the feeling the swamp just can't and won't be drained.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6484 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
yep, my guess is he's not wanting to take the hit on closing the government down which is what the D played this for.

I thought he had bigger stones...

It's my understanding that the bill just curtailed the 2A rights of all American citizens over 65.

My error, I had heard that, however it appears it was not included in the final bill

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post