SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Mar a Lago

Afterparty at Dennis Rodman's!

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Report This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Heard someone recommend the same location and room where Baker met with Tariq Aziz to try to avoid stomping Saddam's ass. Good symbolism and messaging, but unlikely to occur.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
7 minutes long, but

The President of United Steel Workers Union makes Chuck Todd quite uncomfortable

https://youtu.be/Rd2mei3rppc

enjoyable

Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
well spoken union rep!!!!

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
This really has their knickers in a twist. Too hard to convert cans of corn to cash for booze and cigs.

“WASHINGTON (AP) - Hawaii's food stamp administrator says he was stunned when he first heard that the U.S. Agriculture Department wanted to replace some cash benefits with a pre-assembled package of shelf-stable goods. That changed quickly to frustration, befuddlement and serious concern.

"This will wreak havoc on the states," said Pankaj Bhanot, who serves as director of Hawaii's Department of Human Services and is in charge of administering the state's Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP, to roughly 165,000 residents scattered across a series of islands. …”

https://m.washingtontimes.com/...-about-food-box-pro/

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8944 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
from Rush Limbaugh on the steel tariff

Leo Gerard, United Steelworkers international president, was exactly right. Thirty years ago, the Japanese began dumping steel. It was the late 1970s, early 1980s

edit:
Leo Gerard is not the one predominantly left

These are the people Trump made a promise to during the campaign, and he followed through on it yesterday. This is Ohio. This is Pennsylvania. This is Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Illinois. This sent quivers through the Democrat Party yesterday.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/d...s-at-tariff-signing/

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
from Rush Limbaugh on the steel tariff

Leo Gerard, United Steelworkers international president, was exactly right. Thirty years ago, the Japanese began dumping steel. It was the late 1970s, early 1980s

Leo Gerard is the one predominantly left

These are the people Trump made a promise to during the campaign, and he followed through on it yesterday. This is Ohio. This is Pennsylvania. This is Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Illinois. This sent quivers through the Democrat Party yesterday.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/d...s-at-tariff-signing/

Uhh, check that. That guy at left is the local president who spoke about his dad. Gerard isn’t in the picture, wasn’t there apparently.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
ya got me. fixed it Smile

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
ya got me. fixed it Smile

Limbaugh had it as you portrayed it, erroneously.

I just happen to remember that guy speaking at the ceremony, talking about his dad who had lost his job back in the ‘80’s and how much it affected him. The President had a near Biden moment, about how he was sure his dad was looking down very proud. The man said his dad was still alive, and Trump recovered, saying twice as proud.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
"This will wreak havoc on the states," said Pankaj Bhanot, who serves as director of Hawaii's Department of Human Services and is in charge of administering the state's Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP, to roughly 165,000 residents scattered across a series of islands. …”

If I were in charge I would issue seed packets to all SNAP recipients, give them about 3-4 months to plant and be ready to harvest their food. At that point, I would shut it down.

All this free shit does nothing but breed generations of such recipients who think it is beneath their dignity (assuming they have such) to actually work for their fucking living.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
I formed opinion on Susan Rice long ago when she was doing such an abysmal job in the last administration.

Here she demonstrates that talent continues:

"Mitchell asked what the downside would be of a meeting with no results:

The former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations and national security adviser replied:

“I think it’s very risky. It risks the president’s credibility, the credibility of the United States, and worse still, I think it increases the risk of conflict if they go into something with very high expectations, poor preparation, and the president acting in his typically mercurial way. We could end up in a much worse place then we are today.”

Rice then began to bash Trump. She claimed President Trump “may not have the temperament” to execute a successful meeting."

https://100percentfedup.com/su...g-kim-jong-un-video/

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
This is what Trump's doing to his detractors:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJSDOSkvpuQ

This message has been edited. Last edited by: braillediver,

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Keep America Great

Donald Trump Reveals Re-Election Slogan: ‘I Can’t Say Make America Great Again Because We Already Did That’

President Donald Trump announced his re-election slogan during a campaign rally in Pennsylvania on Saturday.

After teasing the release, he said: “Our new slogan … is going to be ‘Keep America Great!” he said as the crowd roared with approval.

The president said he loved his original Make America Great Again slogan, but that he already had to think ahead.

“I can’t say Make America Great Again because I already did that,” he said.

He emphasized that it was “our” slogan, noting that his supporters helped make everything happen.

“I mean, I look forward, I really do, I look forward to 2020 because I want to see how far left the person is going to be that we’re going to run against,” he said.

Trump urged Oprah Winfrey to throw her hat in the ring, saying he would “love” to campaign against her.

“I would love to beat Oprah,” he said. “I know her weakness. I know her weakness … I would love it. That would be a painful experience for her.”

Trump said that even if he coasted for the next two years, everything would turn out fine.

He specified that Republicans had to keep the House and the Senate in order for things to keep going well.

“We can only do that if we elect people who are going to back our agenda and fight for our values,” he said. “And that’s why we have to defeat Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters – a low IQ individual.”

Trump urged Pennsylvania to support Republican Rick Saccone in the special election on Tuesday.

“He’s a very fine human being. He’s a good person,” he said.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...erica-great-already/

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
The Epic Trump Economic Turnaround
Mar 9, 2018

RUSH: Let’s start with some economic news, ladies and gentlemen: “U.S. Employers Added 313,000 Jobs in February.” The expectations were 200,000. That’s the number the so-called experts were forecasting. This blows past that. “Construction, manufacturing, business services drove the gains.” Construction (we’re building new stuff), manufacturing. Jobs Obama said would not be coming back, jobs Obama… During the campaign when Trump was talking about reviving the manufacturing sector, Obama’s out there making fun of it and mocking it by saying (impression), “What’s he gonna do, wave a magic wand?

“Those jobs are gone! Theeeey’re not coming back,” and here they are. They are roaring back. Donald Trump — in less than a year and a half — has more than made up for the stagnation and the decline that was the United States economy for the entirety of the eight-year Barack Obama presidency. This is remarkable. It is… I wouldn’t go so far as to say it is unprecedented, but I’ll guarantee you this. It doesn’t take long to call the roll in presidents in this class who have inspired and triggered — and make no mistake.

Make no mistake: This is not some cyclical recovery. This is not a cyclical rebound. This is a policy- and confidence-driven, substantive economic turnaround, and it would not have happened had Hillary Clinton been elected, and it probably wouldn’t have had if 90% of the Republican field in the primaries had been elected. That’s how truly unique this is, and it is important to point out because there are substantive real reasons why this is happening.

And it’s not because we’re learning to connect with each other. And it’s not because we’re learning to heal ourselves or any of the so-called bromides that the left claims are necessary to do. We are reinvesting in this country, and we are investing in the country with the idea and the concept that it is great. And we are reviving American greatness, which is exactly what President Trump said his objective was. He is driving people crazy!

He is literally driving the left insane. Their inability to keep up with this, their inability to do this on their own, the fact that Trump has been able to overcome their purposeful stagnation of the American economy — and make no mistake about that. Obama’s policies were oriented toward stagnation, massively growing government, taking as much capital out of the private sector as possible and transferring it to government programs.

Make no mistake: The open-borders aspect of the Obama administration — flooding the job market with people who cannot speak the language, cannot read, do not have any skills, all of this — was oriented towards stagnating the U.S. economy. Now, I realize many people (particularly who may be new in the audience) are asking, “Why would anybody want to do that? Why would any American want to slow down the U.S. economy?”

I admit, it’s a tough thing to convince people that’s true. But don’t doubt me. Their reasons for doing things of that nature have nothing to do with you. It’s not because they care about people. All of these things you think about the Democrat Party and the American left are mostly wrong. They are into power and control, and the more dependent people are — the more people cannot get by, by way of their own efforts — the more power the Democrat Party and the American left can accumulate. It’s no more complicated than that.

There’s also a globalism aspect to it with the American left, and this was even stated publicly on a number of occasions by Obama, that this whole concept of American exceptionalism was unwarranted. (impression) “That’s kind of arrogant, to think that we’re better than anybody else. Who do we think we are? There’s no such thing as American exceptionalism. They probably think they’re exceptional in Norway too. We gonna tell ’em they’re not? They probably think they’re exceptional in Venezuela.

“So, you know, who are we to say that we’re better than anybody else?” That’s, of course, not what American exceptionalism is. The American left really does not like this country and thinks it is unjust and immoral and that that can be traced to its founding, our founding. And their objective is to cut this country down to size, that we have simply grown too large by being unfair to other people in the world. So don’t doubt me — and we are now witnessing the important point here.

We’re now witnessing what can happen with leadership — positive, affirmative, can-do leadership — brought to us by somebody who lived and breathed during the last period of American greatness, thus knows it can happen. And this is the benefit of experience. Everybody said, “Trump doesn’t have any experience! It’s dangerous. He’s an outsider, doesn’t know what he’s doing.” He has lots of experience. He has life experiences, lived when America was enduring and going through periods of greatness and economic expansion and growth.

Trump lived through that, prospered during it, knows it can happen, was frustrated that it had been slowed down and stymied and wanted to reignite it. Why? Because he loves people, as we all do — and he loves the country, and was cringing as What was done to it. Now, if you dig deeper into these employment numbers, just the raw numbers are staggering, folks: 313,000 new jobs! I remember when the January number came out. It was a little bit lower than expected. I think they were expecting, if my memory is right, 255,000.

It was 200,000, and the Drive-Bys and the media all started saying, “See! They’re already starting to slow down. Trump’s recovery’s a phony thing. It’s not real. We can’t sustain that!” And then we are here. February numbers: 313,000. Expectations: 200,000. But, man, this is just a part of the story. The labor force participation rate. That number kept shrinking during the Obama years, the percentage of Americans able to work who are not working was growing too rapidly under the Obama administration.

One of the reasons why is every month new people were losing their jobs; the Democrats come up with things to say it was a good thing, “funemployment.” Do you remember that? Being employed was a good thing, because that afforded you the opportunity to reconnect with family and friends that you may not have seen for years because you had the arduous task of having to work. Nancy Pelosi was on this song-and-dance tour as well, claiming that jobs were one of the most damaging things to human relationships America had.

And when people lost their jobs, they could reconnect with people and maybe discover what they really wanted to do. Remember Pelosi said (summarized), “You lose your job and now you can start going to the park and painting scenes like you’ve always wanted to do your whole life!” Well, what enabled people to do that? How do you eat if you are not working? Well, that’s where the left comes to the rescue. They’ll pay you not to work.

So eager are they for you to lose your job and become dependent on them that they’ll pay for it. So while the labor force participation rate was shrinking, everybody that lost their jobs kept eating. And if that’s the case, what’s the incentive to go back to work? There wasn’t any. The economy wasn’t expanding. Wages were not going up. Taxes were exorbitant. The incentive to go back to work had really been curtailed on purpose by Obama.

This offended Donald Trump as well as all the rest of us, and now there are all kinds of reasons to want to go back to work, including the personal ones. A sense of self-worth, a sense of contribution, a sense of identity — a sense of belonging, rather than becoming dependent and guilty and accomplishing nothing. The hallmark of the Obama administration population, in less than a year and a half, has been reversed.

The number of employed Americans has set a record in the eighth record of the Trump administration (which is not even a year and a half old) of 155,215,000 employed Americans. But you go even deeper. Manufacturing jobs. There were 31,000 new manufacturing jobs in February. The total number: 263,000 brand-new manufacturing jobs under Donald Trump. These were numbers Obama could not have realized in eight years, ladies and gentlemen — and didn’t — in less than a year and a half!

Also, it must have been really dire out there on the left, the internal polling, because Nancy Pelosi (when she can get a coherent sentence out) is walking back her comment that Trump’s tax cuts are nothing more than “crumbs.” From the Washington Free Beacon: Nancy Pelosi yesterday “appeared to moderate her position about the value of bonuses and pay raises resulting from” the tax cut. “Pelosi had previously called the bonuses ‘crumbs’ and ‘so pathetic,’ and many in her party joined her as they made an issue out of the tax law while it was generally unpopular.”

It was unpopular because of them. It was unpopular because of the media lying to people about it, telling people that they were not gonna get a tax cut. The only people that were gonna get a tax cut were corporations and the rich. They were lied to, just like they’re lied to during Russiagate. They were lied to! The American people, sadly, believed it. Now life and reality are showing them an alternative, which is the truth. (impression) “‘Certainly we love when people get a bonus, and if they get a raise,’ [Pelosi] said.

“‘But if it is so small in comparison — if the choice was made for corporate America and the top 1% in our society, at the expense of working families, something is wrong with this picture.'” So she can’t even… She just… In her existence, cannot walk it all back, but she knows she has to because the internal polling on this must be devastating for the Democrats. “Pelosi referred to the law as a ‘dark cloud hanging over the Capitol,’ using her preferred nickname ‘the GOP tax scam.'”

Now we move on to the tariffs. I have to tell you… Oh, one other thing on the unemployment situation. The black unemployment rate is the second lowest ever. More blacks and African-Americans are working in America than ever before, and the unemployment rate among African-Americans is the lowest it has been since the 1970s. More importantly, “participation climbed to its highest level since April of 2009,” which happens to be Obama’s first year. So the employment jobs numbers are just off-the-charts good everywhere you look.

This is causing panic from the top to the bottom of the Democrat Party. It’s causing panic throughout the American and worldwide left because none of this is supposed to be possible. America’s best days were supposed to have been behind us. That was Obama’s theme, and we had to enter into a new way of thinking: Manage the decline. None of this, the establishment, the elites told us… None of this was possible anymore because of a global economy and because of climate change and other pressures. None of this was possible.

We had to learn to lower our expectations. In less than a year and a half, the basic premises of the Obama presidency have been nuked. They have been thermos-nuked.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/d...economic-turnaround/

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Limbaugh. Nail meet hammer. Many don't like him due to his perceived arrogance. If you can't get past that and appreciate his message it's probably due to your own arrogance being threatened.

He has irritated the left for well over 20 years. To the point Bill Clinton called a radio station live from Air Force One complaining that for the next 3 hours they were going to broadcast the Rush Limbaugh show. And there would not be any other point of view for three hours. Just Limbaugh, unchallenged. No truth detector as Clinton put it.
That was the day it dawned on me. Limbaugh could be as arrogant as he wants and it would never offend me. Even with half his brain tied behind his back.

If this one man the lonely voice that he was way back then could piss off a sitting President enough to have him call a radio program live from Air Force One and complain about his message, well that was someone who not only irritated them but threatened their entire ideology.

Limbaugh has been breathing life into the conservative movement before most of the political so called conservatives knew what it was.

I feel sorry for the people who can't get past his bombastic bit of arrogance and appreciate his message and contribution to the conservative principle.

He was Trump before Trump knew he was Trump.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8531 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Some people say he’s arrogant, but he knows better! Limbaugh, I mean.

Trump has known he was Trump for a long time. Last night, I watched that appearance on Meet the Press in 1999.

Link to original video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l_joQ1kxxZs

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8531 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If you want to discuss Rush Limbaugh, start a thread, please.

Posts: 107560 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Is President Trump personally winning the Mid Term Elections? This is more meaningful than any poll. Look at the job #'s- That's real money in peoples pockets.

quote:
New Life for Steel Plant Perks Up Depressed Illinois Town, Workforce

U.S. Steel’s decision to fire up part of idled Granite City plant has ripple effect through community
https://www.wsj.com/articles/n...workforce-1520766001

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.usatoday.com/story...-shortage/403659002/

Home Depot to donate $50M to train construction workers, address severe shortage

Home Depot announced Thursday that it will donate $50 million to train 20,000 people as construction workers over the next decade, helping efforts to ease a dire shortage that’s curtailing home building and driving up house prices.

The Home Builders Institute, the industry’s education arm, will use the money from the Home Depot Foundation to train veterans and U.S. Army soldiers who will soon be returning to civilian life, high school students and disadvantaged youth.

The initiative, he says, also builds on the company’s donation of $250 million through 2020 to provide housing to veterans. Soldiers and veterans will make up about 15,000 of the 20,000 construction workers turned out by the training program.

They could make a noticeable dent in a big problem. There were 158,000 job openings in construction in December, up from 140,000 a year earlier. Eighty-four percent of contractors surveyed by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and Wells Fargo in December cited availability of workers and cost as their most significant problems last year, along with rising materials prices.