SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
"weasels and liars"

Some of us have been called "Princess" before.

Smile

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Hold on a minute, folks... I think... YES!...Mitt Romney has entered the building!! He is approaching a microphone... he is setting his feet...adjusting his stance... clearing his throat... He is going to make an announcement!!. We are all breathless. We believe and hope and pray that he will throw his mittens into the arena!!!

https://www.sltrib.com/news/po...-on-the-senate-race/

(What an asshole.)

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Fuck Romney.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
In 12 Rules Jordan Peterson describes the different levels of aggression between two lobsters competing for the same territory. In the early stages they do things like circle each other with claws raised, then separate. A later stage is one of them charging the other. Anyway, this all escalates until the final stage when they grapple and try to rip off body parts. At that point, only one will survive. Peterson implies that this ritual of escalating combat applies to humans as well.

I think we are now at that final, "only one will survive" point in the struggle between the swamp creatures and Donald Trump and the brave fighters on his side in D.C. We are at a critical point. It is very possible that some of the most powerful political figures of our time might very well be going to prison, including the former head of the FBI, Hillary Clinton, and maybe even Barack Obama.

I don't know how this will play out. Nothing like it has ever happened in American history. But I know that both sides are fighting for their lives, and it is going to get very very ugly before it's over.

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
while we wait for the memo, here is a good warm up video

https://youtu.be/N7A3QViXy-8

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
while we wait for the memo, here is a good warm up video

https://youtu.be/N7A3QViXy-8

Rep. Jordan "There's got to be something more here"

Good warm up, indeed. Smile

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1924 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Report This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
This could only happen here in West Virginia, for multiple reasons. Some comedic relief whilst we await the memo:

(WSAZ) -- A group of ladies who work the morning shift at Hardee's in Lewisburg received a message from President Donald Trump on Thursday.

It all started when West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice, a Republican, made a stop through the drive-thru ahead of going to pick up President Trump at the Greenbrier Valley Airport.

The president was in town to speak at the GOP retreat being held at The Greenbrier in White Sulphur Springs.

Justice says that when he was going through the drive-thru, the ladies who work at the fast food restaurant came and asked him to tell the president they loved and supported him.

"I hollered 'tell Jim to tell Trump hi!'" general manager Shirley Mandeville explained she was in another part of the restaurant when the governor was at the window. She and three other ladies eventually chatted with the governor, asking him to send a message that they were big supporters of the president.

"He left and we never thought anything about it," Mandeville said.

But on the way from the airport to The Greenbrier, Justice gave the president the message. He suggested if he had something to write on that he send the ladies a message. Justice said he knew "they would go crazy."

Justice says that's when the president took the second page of his speech and wrote the ladies a message. It said:

"Hardee's Gals, Take care of Big Jim - a great guy. Donald Trump."

After the president's speech wrapped up Justice skipped the drive-thru and went back in the eatery.

"He had this letter and he read what the president had on there."

Mandeville, who has been at the restaurant for 28-years says of the day, " most exciting one I think I've ever had there."

She made a few copies of the note so each of the ladies could have one. She has hers with her Trumpy-Bear.

She plans to frame another copy for the restaurant.

"He just seems so honest to me, when he says he is going to do something he does it and that is what I like in somebody," she explained of the president.

Link: http://www.wsaz.com/content/ne...isit--472259833.html

Posts: 3804 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
^^^ sdy's video: Wray looks like one of those weasels and liars Comey was talking about....

Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
It was nice of Trump to acknowledge those women working at Hardees.

That hand written note on the back of the second page of his speech will be worth something one day.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7032 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Where is wimpy Jeff Sessions on this memo business? Why isn't he out there promoting its release? I thought he was supposed to help President Trump drain the swamp.

Sessions is Trump's single biggest mistake so far.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I think Sessions' hands are tied by his recusal.

This memo and the Mueller investigation are under Rod Rosenstein.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
Where is wimpy Jeff Sessions on this memo business? Why isn't he out there promoting its release? I thought he was supposed to help President Trump drain the swamp.

Sessions is Trump's single biggest mistake so far.

Oh, I thought you knew. He recused himself from all matters involving the 2016 campaign because of his active role in campaigning for Trump.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
The Onion nails it. Don't freak, this a parody site. But you know shit is getting real when the parody reads like real, fake news.

FBI Warns Republican Memo Could Undermine Faith In Massive, Unaccountable Government Secret Agencies

WASHINGTON— Stressing that such an action would be highly reckless, FBI Director Christopher Wray warned Thursday that releasing the “Nunes Memo” could potentially undermine faith in the massive, unaccountable government secret agencies of the United States.

“Making this memo public will almost certainly impede our ability to conduct clandestine activities operating outside any legal or judicial system on an international scale,” said Wray, noting that it was essential that mutual trust exist between the American people and the vast, mysterious cabal given free rein to use any tactics necessary to conduct surveillance on U.S. citizens or subvert religious and political groups.

“If we take away the people’s faith in this shadowy monolith exempt from any consequences, all that’s left is an extensive network of rogue, unelected intelligence officers carrying out extrajudicial missions for a variety of subjective, and occasionally personal, reasons.”

At press time, Wray confirmed the massive, unaccountable government secret agencies were unaware of any wrongdoing for violating constitutional rights.

https://politics.theonion.com/...rce=Politics_twitter

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Here is a positive assessment of Wray from Thomas Lifson on The American Thinker:
http://www.americanthinker.com..._the_nunes_memo.html

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
Where is wimpy Jeff Sessions on this memo business?

I saw him very briefly at the SOTU when they were all waiting for the POTUS to arrive.

He looked befuddled.

I am not kidding. The look on his face was pure befuddlement like "what am I doing here?"
Frown

Posts: 33567 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Frankly, I would rather have a person as AG who knew when to keep his mouth shut!

Too many seem to think that they should keep blabbing about things that should be kept quiet until THE RIGHT TIME comes.

Investigations and their interim progress should NOT be blabbed about by idiot politicraPs.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
ICE raid hits 77 businesses in Northern California

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018...hern-california.html

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:

That's gonna sting.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:

They should announce that ICE enforcement actions will be tripled in all sanctuary areas.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

Will they merge with Tesla?

Well done, sir.

Saw that, too Big Grin