SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
As then primary election candidate Trump went thru 2015 and first half 2016, he had almost zero support from Republican politicians and the whole host of experienced people who could have been his advisors.

Donald Trump especially needed a good team of advisors on the mind boggling broad scope of the presidential responsibilities.

But he didn't have them. So he got who he could. That is how people with background issues and no experience "wannabe" blowhards got associated w the Trump campaign. Even in unpaid, unimportant roles.

So people like Carter Page and Geo Papadopoulos were briefly on the team. Paul Manafort was more higher up the food chain for a while. Manafort would never have been there if there hadn't been such a negative establishment reaction which kept quality people from joining the team.

Those weak choices, necessitated by a vacuum of a good talent pool, caused the Trump campaign and later the administration some serious heartaches.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.foxnews.com/politic...emo-sources-say.html

President Trump is expected to swiftly declassify a controversial memo on purported surveillance abuses, sources tell Fox News, even as Democrats raise objections that edits were made to the document since it was approved for release by a key committee.

The release is likely to come Friday morning, Fox News is told.

Fox News is told that the version Trump plans to declassify contains only “technical edits” made at the request of the FBI.

adding:

President Trump is expected to swiftly declassify a controversial memo on purported surveillance abuses, sources tell Fox News, even as Democrats raise objections that edits were made to the document since it was approved for release by a key committee.

Those objections fueled a new round of partisan recriminations on Thursday, with House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi firing off a letter to Speaker Paul Ryan demanding the chairman of that committee, Republican Devin Nunes, be removed .

“Chairman Nunes’ deliberately dishonest actions make him unfit to serve as Chairman, and he must be immediately removed from this position,” she wrote.

has anyone ever seen anything as bizarre as this ?

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I got into it last night with a guy on Facebook about the Democrats absolutely shameful behavior for Trump's second SOTU and he tried to argue that the Republicans were just as bad, if not worse, with Obama which I called BS on.

Just to bolster his argument he posts this clip which shows some boos, but nothing like the Dems were doing to Trump.

What really stood out to me though is how ANGRY and STRIDENT Obama looked and sounded at this SOTU address, it's pretty remarkable. Extra points for the way he liked to jut his chin up in the air all Mussolini-esque. And they tell us that Trump is angry and divisive with his speeches? Confused

Posts: 33795 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The panicked Dems are now saying that some spelling and grammatical edits made by the GOP to the memo (and apparently requested/OK'd by the FBI) before sending to the President is enough for the whole thing to be thrown out.

They are shitting their collective pants over this which tells me there are lots of heads about to roll when this thing gets released tomorrow!

Posts: 33795 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I ran out of popcorn and beer during the state of the union, looks like I need to go get more for this weekend while I watch the news and the libs freak out Big Grin

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Hey, Nancy! CVS has BOGO PoliGrip right now! NO coupon!!!

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Fwiw, in the DOJ system you can be on leave waiting to retire and still get fired. And you lose your pension rights.

I do not know the corresponding consequences after you are formally retired.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I hope a Friday release doesn't mean it gets ignored by the MSM in an effort to protect Democrats.

Isn't Friday considered the most convenient day for "document dumps" when people are getting into weekend mode and not paying attention?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I hope a Friday release doesn't mean it gets ignored by the MSM in an effort to protect Democrats.
One might as well try to ignore having their house bulldozed.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
One might as well try to ignore having their house bulldozed.

No doubt those loons are capable of ignoring such a thing.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Paul Ryan has consistently sided with Nunes in the memo fight, as well as the California Republican's months-long effort to gain documents from the FBI and the Justice Department about the dossier that were used to draft the memo.

"I think disclosure is the way to go. It's the best disinfectant," Ryan said Tuesday after the committee's vote. "And I think we need to disclose, that brings us accountability, that brings us transparency, that helps us clean up any problem we have with DOJ and FBI."

after a year in office, the Republican congress has finally rallied to President Trump. 2018 holds a lot of promise.

Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
I'm not precisely sure what's in the memo, but it certainly has the dems in panic mode. Desperation is strong! In this case, the anticipation and watching the reactions is half of the fun.

Trump to declassify surveillance memo, sources say – as Pelosi seeks Nunes ouster

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...emo-sources-say.html

Trump to declassify surveillance memo, sources say – as Pelosi seeks Nunes ouster

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
I'm not precisely sure what's in the memo, but it certainly has the dems in panic mode.

Their sheer panic tells me that this all leads back to their Messiah Obama, what else could it be?

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

There should be a formal and very nasty reply to Pelosi

Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
It should be an interesting weekend. Big Grin.

My only concern is for a liberal friend who really is a nice person in spite of that. I truly hope her head doesn’t explode.

Posts: 6917 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
One can dream, right?

Friday, February 2, 2018

Drudge Report headline links:

TRUMP RELEASES MEMO
BARACK OBAMA FLEES USA
OBAMA, CLINTON, COMEY, MUELLER, PODESTA ALL NAMED
BERNIE SHOWN TO HAVE ACCEPTED BUYOUT TO STEP ASIDE

posted Hide Post
quote:
Sincerely,

NANCY PELOSI
Democratic Leader

Love,

Bertha
(one of the Butt sisters)

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I really hope that this is something that brings their entire commie house of cards crashing down and not another Project Veritas kind of thing. Cautious optimism I suppose.

quote:
Their sheer panic tells me that this all leads back to their Messiah Obama, what else could it be?

Interesting that we haven't heard a peep out of the magical muslim in quite some time, ain't it?

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
now trending on Twitter:

#FullofSchiff

Reaping the whirlwind are the GDCs...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
after a year in office, the Republican congress has finally rallied to President Trump.
Wrong. They only see political expediency right now and an opportunity to ride Trump's coattails for the time being. President Trump still has few Republicans who would stand shoulder to shoulder with him if anything even remotely negative happened.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post