SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
We all need to do our part to make sure he is re-elected.

----------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I don't know about the rest of you, but I was on the edge of my seat all through the speech, wondering, "What does Frank Luntz think?"

One general point. Tucker played a clip from 1995 of President Clinton talking about the illegal aliens. Remember when that was the correct term to describe those who came into the country illegally? The Democrats have succeeded in replacing the accurate term-- illegal aliens-- with "undocumented immigrants." It's a very clever piece of sleight of hand, because there is a world of difference between those terms. Tucker notice that-- but then went back to calling them immigrants!

They are NOT immigrants!

That needs to be pointed out every single time somebody plays that shell game: immigrants on this side of the line: lawful. Aliens on the other side of the line: illegal.

Trump hit it out of the park last night. The best SOTU I have ever heard.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I got a feeling the faces Pelosi was making will make it into a few election ads. What a disgusting bitch.

posted Hide Post
"The stats don't lie.

Within minutes of President Donald Trump's first State of the Union speech, CBS News revealed their YouGov poll approval ratings on it.

Unsurprisingly, 97% of Republican speech watchers liked it.

More surprisingly, 72% of Independents liked it.

Staggeringly, 43% of Democrats liked it...

Trump's American Dream is very rapidly becoming the Democrat Nightmare." http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...ing-celebrities.html

Because they know better...

Waters/Kennedy 2020! MACA!

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I'm just seeing the speech this morning, and Trump ACED IT!!!!

I have always liked his fight, but I wasn't sure he had this kind of vision.

This was a brilliant speech. He focused the joys and benefits of being an American on Americans, not the government.

He spoke to our aspirations. He used concrete examples of ordinary Americans who have benefited from each of the policies he has pushed.

He has cast us all as dreamers, seeking better lives for ourselves, and in so doing becoming a stronger, more unified America.

I'm simply stunned at how good this speech really was.

jehzsa's stats above tell a great story, but I think the numbers will get even better.

GO TRUMP! This man is a fighter, and I love it.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I'm still cracking up over the dems putting a literally drooling Kennedy in front of what looked like a wrecked car for this 'rebuttal'. Could not make that up!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

https://www.mediaite.com/onlin...f-chapstick-to-face/

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tucker played a clip from 1995 of President Clinton talking about the illegal aliens. Remember when that was the correct term to describe those who came into the country illegally? The Democrats have succeeded in replacing the accurate term-- illegal aliens-- with "undocumented immigrants." It's a very clever piece of sleight of hand, because there is a world of difference between those terms. Tucker notice that-- but then went back to calling them immigrants!

They are NOT immigrants!

That needs to be pointed out every single time somebody plays that shell game: immigrants on this side of the line: lawful. Aliens on the other side of the line: illegal.

Great point. Thx.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
American Thinker

The Shabby, Sophomoric Behavior of Democrats at the SOTU

quote:
High taxes, redistribution of wealth, open borders, the erasure of gender, the primacy of skin color, the dumbing-down of education across the board: these are the policies the Democrats promote.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
one more reason for grumpy DEMs:

Filed during the State of the Union:

fund raising 2017

RNC 132.5 mil
DNC 65.9 mil

cash on hand minus debt
RNC 38.8 mil
DNC 0.2 mil

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...f-the-union-n2442200

and remember, would you be a happy DEM listening to that speech while envisioning Kamala Harris or Elizabeth Warren running against this guy ?

Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
I got a feeling the faces Pelosi was making will make it into a few election ads. What a disgusting bitch.

Got that right! Wish she'd choke to death on that vile tongue of hers.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Someone should make an animated gif of the hag pushing her dentures around in her mouth last night. Roll Eyes

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
You sometimes see very old people with badly fitting dentures making facial contortions like Nancy Pelosi's. It's not a ... flattering... look.
Television is primarily a visual medium. What people say is important, but how they look, how they make you feel when you look at them, is more powerful for most viewers.

The whole bunch of Democrats looked like losers.

They are now the party of illegal aliens, and victim groups. We'll see how that plays in 2018.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You'd think the witch would be able to afford PoliGrip.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
He had me right up until he proposed amnesty for 1.3 million illegal immigrants.

It's 1.8 million, and I'll take it if it means the border is secured, chain migration is halted and the visa lottery is terminated. Net plus. I'll take it in a heartbeat.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
He had me right up until he proposed amnesty for 1.3 million illegal immigrants.

It's 1.8[/i] million, and I'll take it [b]if it means the border is secured, chain migration is halted and the visa lottery is terminated. Net plus. I'll take it in a heartbeat.

He didn’t mention the part about deporting 1.3 million grumpy Democrats?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The Democrats showed last night not just that they are ANTI-TRUMP, they showed how UN-AMERICAN they really were.

WTF!

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
You'd think the witch would be able to afford PoliGrip.

maybe....just maybe....she unexpectedly detected a Hard Seed of Truth wedged betwixt plate & gums.....

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
That face when you told everyone millions would die, but instead everyone got pay raises and bonuses:

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
The Democrats showed last night not just that they are ANTI-TRUMP, they showed how UN-AMERICAN they really were.

WTF!

Yep. I hope they keep doubling down on it.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
They want amnesty for 800,000 Democratic voters and a possible 1.3M to come. I guarantee you that if every one of them promised to vote Republican, the Dem's would drop this like a hot rock.

The Dems aren't going to go for it, either way. It may get 1.8M illegal aliens a path to citizenship (in twelve years, mind you), but it also shuts off the tap by nailing-down border security, ending chain immigration and terminating the visa lottery.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post