SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 ... 308

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
If Walls Don't Work, Why Does Obama Have a Wall Around his House?



....Shredding lead both barrels
 
Posts: 1795 | Registered: March 15, 2004Report This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Why do I keep hearing the theme to Green Acres whenever I see the pic of Chuck n Nancy?

Da na nana nunt, na nunt







Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul.


Help, I'm having premonitions of future flashbacks.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

Some people listen to the noise of the world,
And some people listen to the quiet.
 
Posts: 10125 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
This crap is beginning to get ludicrous Mad

They dialed up the orange on the feed to make him look like an Oompa Loompa and managed to make his tongue move in and out of his mouth in a creepy way:




Seattle TV Station Caught Doctoring Trump's Face During National Address


 
Posts: 24417 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.




posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
This crap is beginning to get ludicrous Mad

They dialed up the orange on the feed to make him look like an Oompa Loompa and managed to make his tongue move in and out of his mouth in a creepy way:




Seattle TV Station Caught Doctoring Trump's Face During National Address


Fired.

A staffer at local FOX affiliate Q13 has been fired after the station aired what appears to be a doctored video of President Donald Trump’s Tuesday night speech from the Oval Office.

The video was changed to make it look as if Trump was sticking his tongue out languidly between sentences. In addition, the colors in the video look more saturated, leading the president’s skin and hair to appear more orange.
 
Posts: 2092 | Registered: August 19, 2001Report This Post
Member
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Good! Stupid is as stupid does. I'm glad stupid hurt in this instance. But I'm sure CNN will snap up this Trump-hating ass-hat in a heartbeat...

Quick question about President Trump's address...did he manage to work in the Go Fund Me page created by caring citizens of this country trying to fund the wall??



"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24
 
Posts: 5238 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^


Quick question about President Trump's address...did he manage to work in the Go Fund Me page created by caring citizens of this country trying to fund the wall??




Not to my knowledge, but I sure was hoping that he would have!!
 
Posts: 4323 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I did not hear a mention of the GFM project. I think it would have been a good thing, but perhaps he didn't think it was big enough yet to appear a grass-roots tidal wave. We, of course, think 300,000 participants is a huge response, but compared to the population of the country it's only 0.1%--hardly a groundswell outpouring of support.

flashguy




Texan by choice, not accident of birth

When they ask me, "Paper or plastic?" I just say, "Doesn't matter to me. I am bi-sacksual."
 
Posts: 21439 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I did not hear a mention of the GFM project. I think it would have been a good thing, but perhaps he didn't think it was big enough yet to appear a grass-roots tidal wave. We, of course, think 300,000 participants is a huge response, but compared to the population of the country it's only 0.1%--hardly a groundswell outpouring of support.

flashguy


$20,001,774 of $1.0B goal raised by 333,856 people in 24 days may not be a groundswell outpouring of support yet but, it's growing by the minute.
 
Posts: 40 | Location: Southeast Michigan -- Downriver | Registered: May 02, 2011Report This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I am hoping for many more


quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
 
Posts: 19 | Location: Ashland Ohio | Registered: December 30, 2016Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
From CTH

https://theconservativetreehou...is-over/#more-158745

Secretary Pompeo Eviscerates Obama in Cairo

From Pompeo speech in Cairo:

These lands witnessed convulsions from Tunis to Tehran as old systems crumbled and new ones struggled to emerge.

And at this critical moment, America, your long-time friend, was absent too much. Why?

Because our leaders gravely misread our history, and your historical moment. These fundamental misunderstandings, set forth in this city in 2009, adversely affected the lives of hundreds of millions of people in Egypt and all across the region.

Remember: It was here, here in this city, that another American stood before you.

He told you that radical Islamist terrorism does not stem from an ideology.

He told you that 9/11 led my country to abandon its ideals, particularly in the Middle East.

He told you that the United States and the Muslim world needed, quote, “a new beginning,” end of quote.

The results of these misjudgments have been dire.

In falsely seeing ourselves as a force for what ails the Middle East , we were timid in asserting ourselves when the times – and our partners – demanded it.

We grossly underestimated the tenacity and viciousness of radical Islamism, a debauched strain of the faith that seeks to upend every other form of worship or governance. ISIS drove to the outskirts of Baghdad as America hesitated. They raped and pillaged and murdered tens of thousands of innocents. They birthed a caliphate across Syria and Iraq and launched terror attacks that killed all across continents.

America’s reluctance, our reluctance, to wield our influence kept us silent as the people of Iran rose up against the mullahs in Tehran in the Green Revolution. The ayatollahs and their henchmen murdered, jailed, and intimidated freedom-loving Iranians, and they wrongly blamed America for this unrest when it was their own tyranny that had fueled it. Emboldened, the regime spread its cancerous influence to Yemen, to Iraq, to Syria, and still further into Lebanon.

Our penchant, America’s penchant, for wishful thinking led us to look the other way as Hizballah, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Iranian regime, accumulated a massive arsenal of approximately 130,000 rockets and missiles. They stored and positioned these weapons in Lebanese towns and villages in flagrant violation of international law. That arsenal is aimed squarely at our ally Israel.

When Bashar Assad unleashed terror upon ordinary Syrians and barrel-bombed civilians with sarin gas, a true echo of Saddam Hussein’s gassing of the Kurdish people, we condemned his actions. But in our hesitation to wield power, we did nothing.

Our eagerness to address only Muslims and not nations ignored the rich diversity of the Middle East and frayed old bonds. It undermined the concept of the nation-state, the building block of international stability. And our desire for peace at any cost led us to strike a deal with Iran, our common enemy.

So today, what did we learn from all of this? We learned that when America retreats, chaos often follows. When we neglect our friends, resentment builds. And when we partner with enemies, they advance.

The good news. The good news is this: The age of self-inflicted American shame is over , and so are the policies that produced so much needless suffering. Now comes the real new beginning.

In just 24 months, actually less than two years, the United States under President Trump has reasserted its traditional role as a force for good in this region. We’ve learned from our mistakes. We’ve rediscovered our voice. We’ve rebuilt our relationships. We’ve rejected false overtures from our enemies.

more at link
 
Posts: 12922 | Registered: July 21, 2002Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^


Quick question about President Trump's address...did he manage to work in the Go Fund Me page created by caring citizens of this country trying to fund the wall??




Not to my knowledge, but I sure was hoping that he would have!!


He should've mentioned it at the end with a "by the way, I'll be donating $1 million to the GFM wall campaign immediately after the completion of this address."


~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
Family, Guns, Country

"My guns are always loaded."
~R.G. Justified

What whiskey will not cure, there is no cure.
 
Posts: 21463 | Location: Ski Town, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
The media seems to be milking this for all it is worth. I'm trying to figure out how I'm supposed to believe that every federal employee has already depleted all of their savings and if they miss this paycheck they'll lose everything.

I am curious as to what the end game is here. Trump isn't backing down, nor should he. The Democrats are using this 'crisis' against him and not going to back down. Where does it end?




343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.
 
Posts: 34412 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Circling the bowl
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
The media seems to be milking this for all it is worth. I'm trying to figure out how I'm supposed to believe that every federal employee has already depleted all of their savings and if they miss this paycheck they'll lose everything.

I am curious as to what the end game is here. Trump isn't backing down, nor should he. The Democrats are using this 'crisis' against him and not going to back down. Where does it end?



Trump will ultimately declare an emergency and use funds from other sources to build the wall. He has to do all he can to show that the Dems are the one's not willing to negotiate. Then complete blame rests at the feet of Pelosi and Shummer.
 
Posts: 4878 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Report This Post
Circling the bowl
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
Of all of the people that can succeed Trump when his second term ends, I can see no better than Mike Pompeo. He has the same type of in your face attitude and guts that Trump has.
 
Posts: 4878 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shifferbrains:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
The media seems to be milking this for all it is worth. I'm trying to figure out how I'm supposed to believe that every federal employee has already depleted all of their savings and if they miss this paycheck they'll lose everything.

I am curious as to what the end game is here. Trump isn't backing down, nor should he. The Democrats are using this 'crisis' against him and not going to back down. Where does it end?



Trump will ultimately declare an emergency and use funds from other sources to build the wall. He has to do all he can to show that the Dems are the one's not willing to negotiate. Then complete blame rests at the feet of Pelosi and Shummer.


I truly hope that he doesn't have to declare an emergency. I don't think that is a good thing for him to do at all. Not even considering the precedence that such a move would make, it completely shifts the focus of how ridiculous the dems are being to whether or not what Trump has done is even legal, regardless if it actually of course is.

In other words, declaring an emergency for the purpose of building the wall should be an absolute last resort, if any resort at all.


~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
Family, Guns, Country

"My guns are always loaded."
~R.G. Justified

What whiskey will not cure, there is no cure.
 
Posts: 21463 | Location: Ski Town, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Circling the bowl
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Shifferbrains:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
The media seems to be milking this for all it is worth. I'm trying to figure out how I'm supposed to believe that every federal employee has already depleted all of their savings and if they miss this paycheck they'll lose everything.

I am curious as to what the end game is here. Trump isn't backing down, nor should he. The Democrats are using this 'crisis' against him and not going to back down. Where does it end?



Trump will ultimately declare an emergency and use funds from other sources to build the wall. He has to do all he can to show that the Dems are the one's not willing to negotiate. Then complete blame rests at the feet of Pelosi and Shummer.


I truly hope that he doesn't have to declare an emergency. I don't think that is a good thing for him to do at all. Not even considering the precedence that such a move would make, it completely shifts the focus of how ridiculous the dems are being to whether or not what Trump has done is even legal, regardless if it actually of course is.

In other words, declaring an emergency for the purpose of building the wall should be an absolute last resort, if any resort at all.



We are already in a state of emergency at the southern border.

The precedence has already been set by Reagan, Clinton, G.W., and Obama.

I say, Build The Damned Wall Now!
 
Posts: 4878 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
sdy, Thank you for posting the link to Mike Pompeo's speech. Pompeo is one of the jewels in the crown of Trump's cabinet for sure, and this speech was revelatory in its candor.
In other words, he told the truth about the catastrophic policies of the Obama administration in the Middle East.


_________________________
“Little else is requisite to carry a state to the highest degree of opulence from the lowest barbarism but peace, easy taxes, and a tolerable administration of justice: all the rest being brought about by the natural course of things.”--Adam Smith, born June 16, 1723
 
Posts: 14676 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Member
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Today at the border




 
Posts: 2816 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shifferbrains:
Of all of the people that can succeed Trump when his second term ends, I can see no better than Mike Pompeo. He has the same type of in your face attitude and guts that Trump has.


I'm impressed with Pompeo. Smart as hell and no nonsense.
 
Posts: 1355 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Report This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
The media seems to be milking this for all it is worth. I'm trying to figure out how I'm supposed to believe that every federal employee has already depleted all of their savings and if they miss this paycheck they'll lose everything.

The same media hates me 299 weeks out of every 300, but suddenly I'm a victim because the payroll will be delayed? They're not concerned that the government's work isn't being done (wait, they ARE worried that Food Stamps, Section 8, and TANF are in peril) but they're deeply concerned that I'll be foraging in dumpsters and living in a tent city after a missed check.

Any fed who remembers the 1996 shutdown, the 2013 shutdown, or last year's very brief shutdown, and STILL doesn't have a contingency plan for month or two without pay, needs to be kicked squarely in the 'nads.
 
Posts: 1602 | Registered: January 01, 2004Report This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 ... 308 

Closed Topic Closed

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II

© SIGforum 2019