SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Fuck Syria, we are done there.

If Mattis wanted to use it as his exit plan, that's fine by me.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Not to mention, Mattis may have been planning to leave for awhile now.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news...-be-planning-to-quit

From October 14, 2018 - "Mattis “hasn’t told me” that he plans to leave, Trump said, and didn’t directly answer the question of whether he’d like the Pentagon chief to depart.

“I had lunch with him two days ago. I have a very good relationship with him. It could be that he is. I think he’s sort of a Democrat, if you want to know the truth,” Trump said. “He may leave. I mean, at some point, everybody leaves. Everybody. People leave. That’s Washington.”

Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
We wouldn't want to disappoint any of our fair weather friends, would we? Roll Eyes

Not if we want them to "help" us again next time. Roll Eyes

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
It's easy to take Trump for granted and forget what the alternative was (see Shugart's meme in the Mattis thread) and what the alternatives will be if he is not re-elected.

Two very high profile conservatives, influential people, have ripped into Trump at a difficult time for the president, with the market plummeting, Mattis resigning, and a host of other difficulties, including the lack of funding for the wall.

If not for Trump, we have nobody out there, nobody in Washington, who represents what we value.

No.

Body.

It's a wonder that Trump doesn't just say, "who needs all this shit!" and retire to a life of luxury and ease. Except that he cares too much about this country to do so.

He needs our support now more than ever, in any way we can express support. Donate to the GFM wall. Getting the goddamn wall up by whatever means is crucial. Send an email of support to the WH. Praise his accomplishments in social media-- and here. Whatever. Everything ripples out to some degree. The attacks are coming from everywhere now, even from so-called "friends" -- who are either deeply malicious, or utterly clueless.

The totalitarians know they are fucked if Trump prevails. And with our unwavering support, he will prevail.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11107 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
If not for Trump, we have nobody out there, nobody in Washington, who represents what we value.

No.

Body.

That's some real food for thought for the Trump naysayers.

Posts: 7549 | Registered: October 31, 2008Report This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
Two very high profile conservatives, influential people, have ripped into Trump at a difficult time for the president, with the market plummeting, Mattis resigning, and a host of other difficulties, including the lack of funding for the wall.

It's easy to support someone when times are good. When things really get difficult, that is when you find out who your friends really are.

Is the lack of wall funding his fault? Did he ask for and support the Fed rate increases? Markets go up, markets go down.

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
This will get no attention from the MSM, but it is an important step toward freeing Tibet from Chinese oppression. Trump signed a bill that gives American visitors far more access to uncontrolled venues and people.

When I lived in Kathmandu, I would sometimes go to Boudhanath, which has become an enclave of Tibetan refugees. I got to know some Tibetans. At first they were reluctant to talk with me at all because they fear that anybody might be a Chinese agent. (They are right about that, probably.) Eventually, some shopkeepers would open up and talk about the crushing brutality of the Chinese. It's too big a story to try to encapsulate in a post, but if you have any compassion for people who are under the heel of tyrannical oppressors, you have to feel for the Tibetans.

Other presidents have met with the Dalai Lama, said a few nice things about Tibet-- and done exactly diddley squat so as not to piss off the Chinese.

President Trump, a man of action, actually DID something that is an important step toward ultimately freeing Tibet.

https://economictimes.indiatim...9t522h2ZRaI&from=mdr

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11107 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The way that Secretary Mattis wrote his resignation letter shows me that he has no respect for Trump and he believes that he is acting against the United States best interests. If you haven't noticed by now, Donald J. Trump is a Russian agent.

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dresden:
The way that Secretary Mattis wrote his resignation letter shows me that he has no respect for Trump and he believes that he is acting against the United States best interests. If you haven't noticed by now, Donald J. Trump is a Russian agent.

What the christ is this silly shit?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Answer-
What happens when pot is legal in Colorado

Posts: 1403 | Registered: November 07, 2013Report This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:

I haven’t noticed Mr. Mueller, please enlighten me with your evidence.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, if I hadn't put your blind ass on moderated status already this morning, this stupid, TROLLING remark from you would have done it.

If you come back from your thirty day suspension and make even one single TROLLING remark like this in this forum, there isn't a scientific instrument ever made that would be able to measure the time interval between my seeing it from you and my booting your TROLLING ass out of this forum.

All these bullshit TROLLING posts from you, Dresden. Are you having trouble with your period this month? Cramps again, huh?

Try this, ma'am.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
very benevolent. I would have just banned his stupid fucking ass.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Dresden is a Marxist troll. That's been evident since he began here.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5159 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Cut Dresden some slack. He's very frustrated that we're moving ahead despite the best efforts of his heroes.

Plus, I hear that menstrual cramps can be excrutiating.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I'll be surprised if his announcement of a pullout from Syria is as simple as that. During his campaign he said several times how stupid to tell the enemy what you are doing, to just withdraw instead of announcing your withdraw.

Possibly this announcement is to elicit a response by politicians here or enemies in Syria. He's expert at getting foes to show their asses, and I'll be surprised if it is as simple as announce pullout, and then withdraw.

Posts: 7453 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
link to the letter from DoJ about the ethics review of Matthew Whitaker and whether he should recuse himself from SC investigation:

https://www.documentcloud.org/...1-1.html#document/p3

The "ethics" official concluded:

- there were no conflicts of interest
- there were no personal or political relationships

Under an "appearance of impartiality" analysis, the ethics rules do not require a formal recommendation from ethics officials. The ethics officials concluded that if a recommendation were sought, they would advise that Whitaker recuse himself.

Whitaker decided not to recuse himself.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

What could be more hypocritical at the present time than "ethics officials" at the DoJ ?

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Trump: Government shutdown will last 'a very long time' if border wall isn't funded

President Donald Trump doubled down on his assertion to shut down the government if a new spending measure omits his request for billions of dollars in funding for a border wall.

“There will be a shutdown that will last for a very long time,” Trump said in a tweet Friday morning.

Donald J. Trump ✔
@realDonaldTrump

The Democrats, whose votes we need in the Senate, will probably vote against Border Security and the Wall even though they know it is DESPERATELY NEEDED. If the Dems vote no, there will be a shutdown that will last for a very long time. People don’t want Open Borders and Crime!

Trump later followed up with another brief post, stating, “Shutdown today if Democrats do not vote for Border Security!”

“Even President Ronald Reagan tried for 8 years to build a Border Wall, or Fence, and was unable to do so,” he added in another tweet. “Others also have tried. We will get it done, one way or the other!”

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24102 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
House Passes Border Wall Funding

quote:
OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 7:23 AM PT — Thursday, Dec. 20, 2018

President Trump appears to have proved Nancy Pelosi wrong after the House passed border wall funding despite the incoming speaker saying it would be impossible to accomplish.

quote:
House lawmakers voted 217-to-185 Thursday to approve $5.7 billion for a border wall. The legislation will now head to the senate for a possible vote Friday, though it remains unclear if their is enough support in the upper chamber for it to pass.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you haven't noticed by now, Donald J. Trump is a Russian agent.

It's amazing how sheeple like him have swallowed this line of BULLSHIT with gusto.

Do they even HEAR how ridiculous they sound?

Posts: 33795 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post