SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
It’s OK when a woman falsely accuses Kavanaugh, but Mueller doesn’t like it when he’s the target.

“Special Counsel Robert Mueller's office has asked the FBI to probe an alleged attempt to smear Mueller with fabricated claims of sexual harassment…”

https://dailym.ai/2PwvorN

Mueller also doesn't mind someone paying millions for lies about Trump.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Pelosi predicts Dems 'will win' the House

Oh, yeah, Nance. Your predictions are accurate. Just like that time when you said "Donald Trump will not be President. You can take that to the bank."

Addled old hag.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“China's economy has weakened faster than expected amid an escalating trade war with the United States, with analysts warning 'the worse is yet to come'.

The latest numbers show that China's manufacturing sector had barely expanded in October and missed expectations, as both domestic and external demand ebbed.

Analysts believe business conditions will get worse before getting better, fuelling concerns about a slowdown in the world's second-biggest economy…”

https://dailym.ai/2CSYsTr

Edit: I think China will soon be negotiating a new trade agreement with the US. As President Trump said, “Trade wars are easy [for us] to win.”

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pipe Smoker,

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8946 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
President's Rally in Ft. Myers, FL

-Another great speech!

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/fMvyaS9tgKg

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
When Trump went to Pittsburgh [updated]
Rabbi Jeffrey Myers extended his welcome to President Trump in advance of Trump’s condolence call on the Tree of Life synagogue where 11 congregants were murdered this past Saturday. Rabbi Myers had a message out of tune with the insane propaganda of the left seizing the occasion to disparage Trump. Rabbi Myers had the audacity to tell reporters: “I am a citizen. He is my president. He is always welcome.”

Rabbi Myers also had a timely message that I am quite sure they failed to absorb: “Hate is not blue, hate is not red, hate is not purple… hate is in all. Speak words of love, speak words of decency and of respect. When the message comes loud and clear, Americans will hear that and we can begin to change the tenor of our country.” For his simple decency Rabbi Myers has attracted hate mail and death threats.

CNN reports that while in Pittsburgh President Trump met with four patients and their families at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center: “The President spent a considerable amount of time with each patient and their family members, and spoke with the hospital’s care team, he told reporters. Trump also spoke with a family member of one of the 11 victims, [hospital chief of emergency surgery Donald] Yealy said.” The video below must come from this visit.

UPDATE: Speaking today, Rabbi Myers said that he was “pleasantly surprised” to discover a “warm and personal side” to President Trump when he visited the synagogue on Tuesday. The Washington Post story quoting the rabbi’s comments continues with this: “I was privileged to have a private 15 or 20 minutes with the family. The president was very warm, very consoling, put his hand on my shoulder, and the first question he asked me was, ‘Rabbi, tell me how are you doing.’ I must say throughout the time we spent together, I was pleasantly surprised by a warm and personal side to the president that I don’t think America has ever seen.” In addition to his conspicuous decency the rabbi displays bravery and love of truth.
Link

Posts: 18064 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
More winning, from an unexpected source:

European businesses choose to do business with US, not Iran. Rich Grenell is point man for Trump administration.

quote:
Since the president pulled out of the JCPOA, the EU has been working feverishly behind the scenes to protect the relationship between Europe and Iran, including publicly calling for a special purpose vehicle to help businesses avoid American sanctions, and the implementation of a blocking statute also intended to protect European businesses. The EU goal is to continue with the Iran deal alone, without the U.S., by creating a financial channel between their central banks with the Central Bank of Iran. The Trump administration has made it clear, however, that they will compel the Europeans to comply with the new sanctions— either by carrot or by stick.

This means one more rift in the transatlantic alliance. But for the Trump administration, a new and unexpected ally has emerged: European business. The American ambassador to Germany, Richard Grenell, has made pressuring Germany on Iranian sanctions his signature issue. While European governments were making heated announcements about their opposition to the American sanctions, major German companies began announcements of their own: They are leaving Iran, ceasing projects, ceasing to sell auto parts, etc. From the perspective of a corporate CEO, the decision is clear. On the question of doing business in the U.S. or Iran, they choose the American market. In fact, these same CEOs have reportedly made it clear to Ambassador Grenell that not only will they comply with sanctions, but in fact they are not supportive of the EU government’s talk of evading said sanctions.

Link

Posts: 18064 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
New campaign ad from Trump for the midterms. Causing a lot of leftist heads to explode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQJx64cUFb8

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
More winning, from an unexpected source:

European businesses choose to do business with US, not Iran. Rich Grenell is point man for Trump administration....

Minimal to zero coverage from the MSM. I will bet on it.

Posts: 8621 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Rich Grenell is point man for Trump administration.

He's soon going to be one of President Trump's superstars on the foreign stage I believe. I've been really impressed with him.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Here's a new barn burner GOP ad:
https://twitter.com/CRTV/status/1058001864837472256

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“WASHINGTON/BEIJING (Reuters) – U.S. President Donald Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping, who spoke by telephone on Thursday, expressed optimism about resolving their trade dispute ahead of a high-stakes meeting at the end of November in Argentina.

Trump said on Twitter that trade discussions with China were “moving along nicely,” and that he planned to meet Xi on the sidelines of a G20 summit, in Argentina, after the two had a “very good” phone discussion.

Bloomberg, citing people familiar with the matter, later reported that Trump wants to reach a trade agreement with China at the G20 meeting and that after the call with Xi, he had asked officials to begin drafting possible terms…”

www.oann.com/trump-says-had-go...n-trade-north-korea/

Serious about crackers

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“U.S. employers added a stellar 250,000 jobs last month and raised average pay by the most in nearly a decade – in a dose of good news for President Trump as he barnstorms the country to try to preserve unified Republican control of national power.

The Labor Department's monthly jobs report, the last major economic data before Tuesday's congressional elections, also showed that the unemployment rate remained at a five-decade low of 3.7 percent.

On a key metric that affects voters, average hourly earnings also increased. They rose by 0.2 per cent from September, an annualized gain of 3.1 per cent. And unemployment remained at a 48 year low.

The president jumped to hail the news, tweeting: 'Wow! The U.S. added 250,000 Jobs in October - and this was despite the hurricanes. Unemployment at 3.7%. Wages UP! These are incredible numbers. Keep it going, Vote Republican!' …”

https://dailym.ai/2CYqkpx

Serious about crackers

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://hotair.com/archives/20...y-lonely-cycle-yall/

“No one wants to campaign with Bill Clinton anymore,”

The former president and dominant Democratic figure of the last 26 years finds himself in low demand as Democrats fight to win back control of the House and limit their losses in the Senate

Mr. Clinton, who was governor and attorney general of Arkansas, was once a near-ubiquitous presence helping Democrats in tough races back home, but the former president hasn’t been asked to appear on the trail for Mr. Tucker.

There are no plans for him to do so. Or, for that matter, appear publicly with any Democrat running in the midterm elections.

As Democrats search for their identity in the Trump era, one aspect has become strikingly clear: Mr. Clinton is not part of it. Just days before the midterm elections, Mr. Clinton finds himself in a kind of political purgatory, unable to overcome past personal and policy choices now considered anathema within the rising liberal wing of his party.

The former president, once such a popular political draw that he was nicknamed his party’s “explainer-in-chief,” has only appeared at a handful of private fund-raisers to benefit midterm candidates, according to people close to him.

it’s a big, big problem if Hillary Clinton has any thoughts on a third try for the brass ring

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
JEENYUS Alert!!

Empty vessels. Not a clue. Not a single clue.

Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Not that this isn't obvious to us here, but I'm curious as to what specifically Donald Trump has done as President that is somehow "anti-gay" or "anti-trans", etc.?

Like what has he done? Honestly, what has he even said that could be construed as an attack on that particular community? Or women, for that matter?

Yeah, rhetorical questions.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
As you can see, these people don't have answers. They have programming.

GIGO

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Corrected.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post