SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
He had a rally in Richmond, KY this afternoon. Coincidentally, I happened to be passing through at approximately 5:30 PM. Smile (How I happened to be passing through there is a long story.) There was a pretty good-sized protest by Eastern Kentucky University, but it was peaceful, if a little noisy; they stayed on the sidewalks and I only noticed one police car.

Posts: 27936 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Anyone see the obvious bios with Leslie Stahl in the 60 Minutes interview?

Posts: 22899 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:

You actually watch that drivel? It's a set-up from the word go.

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12672 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:

The disrespectful tone is what bugs me.

You have these people bowing, literally BOWING to Obama during interviews yet when it's a Republican they have this nasty disrespectful tone in their voice.

Posts: 33787 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Did not watch it (need to try and keep my BP in the safe zone) but have been reading that PDJT was interrupted approx. 64 times within a 26 minute period, while the crimson kenyan was interrupted only four times over approx. 46 minutes while appearing on the same 'show'.

What a surprise.
________

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Since that stupid stunt with El Diablo years ago, I would Rather not watch 60 Minutes.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
Trump’s list: 289 accomplishments in just 20 months, ‘relentless’ promise-keeping....

That list is way too long. I got tired of all the winning after the first couple of pages. Obama never gave us too much winning.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Since that stupid stunt with El Diablo years ago, I would Rather not watch 60 Minutes.
Isn't that on network TV? I don't watch any "broadcast" channels any more.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“For the last year, free trade organizations, the Chamber of Commerce, and the establishment media has claimed that Trump’s 25 percent tariffs on imported steel and ten percent tariff on imported aluminum would cost hundreds of thousands of jobs.

This year, the free trade apparatus claimed that there would be 430,000 American jobs wiped out by Trump’s tariffs. Now, free traders admit that the tariffs have not cost the U.S. any jobs.

A Bloomberg Businessweek report by Peter Coy notes that not only have Trump’s tariffs on imported metals not cost Americans their jobs, but they have also actually had the opposite impact, spurring job growth in the metal industry and manufacturing…”

[From Breitbart. Can’t copy the link]

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8941 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
CAN I HAVE SOME MORE WINNING, PLEASE?

More winning? Okay...

MAGA MAGA MAGA MAGA MAGA MAGA!

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31432 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
From 60 minutes interview:

The picture:

“The Republican Club” by Andy Thomas

given to Pres Trump by Rep Issa

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Congressman John Ratcliffe (R-TX) was on Fox News a bit ago, saying that he has seen the documents demanded to be unclassified and released, and there is nothing about them which reveals sources and methods, names, etc, except shows the conduct of DOJ high officials, what was shown to FIAS Court, more importantly what was not. Ratcliffe is a fomer DOJ lawyer with some insights into these issues.

So, what’s the deal?

Could it be that this is the string which, if pulled, unravels the entire sweater? Once these improvident acts are exposed, a whole range of unseemly conduct by all kinds of government folks will be risked of exposure, a trash can we don’t want to kick over maybe.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
That bottom picture is GREAT, sdy. It has a Norman Rockwell quality.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8941 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Fabulous painting. And note Trump is shown NOT to be drinking an adult beverage.

Posts: 18052 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Fabulous painting. And note Trump is shown NOT to be drinking an adult beverage.

It's Diet Coke, that's all he drinks.

IIRC he's never drank alcohol

Posts: 33787 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:

He forgot Calvin:

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D 10/15/18

Description

INTERVIEW - JOE DIGENOVA - Legal Analyst & Fmr. U.S. Attorney to the District of Columbia.

TOPIC: Rep. John Ratcliffe said Sunday that the FBI failed to provide a federal surveillance court with evidence that “directly” contracted the bureau’s rationale for opening the Trump-Russia investigation

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Trump: "So, when Barry gets back, who's gonna break it to him that were just pulling his leg and he really didn't have to get coffee for all of us?"

Nixon: "Abe, you'd be the man for that job, wouldn't you?"

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:

He forgot Calvin:

He’s there, behind TR’s shoulder on right side of pic.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Report This Post