SIGforum
The Trump Presidency : Year II

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/8510094634

October 11, 2018, 03:36 PM
Pipe Smoker
The Trump Presidency : Year II
Heh, heh…

“Former FBI acting Director Andrew McCabe says his book has been delayed because of an FBI review and he's concerned he's been singled out for what he calls 'irregular unfair treatment.'

McCabe's book was scheduled for release Dec. 4. He now says in a statement that it'll come out in February.

McCabe says the 'FBI's review has taken far longer than they led me to believe it would.'

The book is titled 'The Threat: How the FBI Protects America in the Age of Terror and Trump.' …”

https://dailym.ai/2A62wya

Serious about crackers
October 11, 2018, 03:38 PM
parabellum
quote:
...singled out for what he calls 'irregular unfair treatment.'
As opposed to what? Regular unfair treatment?
October 11, 2018, 03:43 PM
TSE
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
...singled out for what he calls 'irregular unfair treatment.'
As opposed to what? Regular unfair treatment?

Which is apparently an FBI specialty.

Calgary Shooting Centre
October 11, 2018, 05:42 PM
JALLEN
There is just no end to the spectacular turns of event in Trump’s Administration.

First there was Kim Jun Il, bellicose, threatening, firing missiles, testing nuclear bombs, now best buddies, working it all out, smiling, waving, eveythung peachy, anfnow there is this Kanye West character.

https://www.foxnews.com/entert...-was-quite-something

How remarkable is this?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown
October 11, 2018, 05:45 PM
6guns
Pretty remarkable! Not that I'm a fan, but I can't help think this will help our cause in November.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>
October 11, 2018, 05:48 PM
sdy
I'll see your Kanye, and raise 15 judicial nominees

https://www.politico.com/story...ocrats-judges-895168

Senate Democrats accepted an offer from Senate Republicans to confirm 15 lifetime federal judges on Thursday in exchange for the ability to go into recess through the midterms so endangered Democrats can campaign.

The calculation by Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer and his caucus was simple: That Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) would be able to confirm roughly 15 judges if he kept the Senate in session for the next few weeks anyway. So Democrats OK'd an offer to confirm three Circuit Court judges and 12 Circuit Court judges as the price to pay to go home for election season.

McConnell and President Donald Trump will now have confirmed 84 judges over the past two years, including two Supreme Court nominees, after the deal. Democrats also allowed a package of judges to be confirmed in August as a condition of going home.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think these nominees include

David James Porter of Pennsylvania to sit on the 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals,

Ryan Nelson of Idaho to sit on the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, and

Richard Sullivan of New York to sit on the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals.

William Ray of Georgia to serve for the Northern District of Georgia,

Liles Clifton Burke of Alabama to the North District of Alabama,

Michael Juneau of Louisiana to serve for the Western District of Louisiana and

Mark Norris Sr. of Tennessee to the Western District of Tennessee.
October 11, 2018, 05:56 PM
parabellum
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Democrats also allowed a package of judges to be confirmed in August as a condition of going home.
You know how Democrats are- you keep 'em up past their bedtime and they get really cranky.
October 11, 2018, 06:13 PM
mr kablammo
Fuckin' A! I am not a lawyer but will definitely renew the membership to the Federalist Society.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.
October 11, 2018, 06:20 PM
mbinky
quote:
You know how Democrats are- you keep 'em up past their bedtime and they get really cranky.

And judging by the last few weeks if you keep them up after midnight and spray water all over their leftist dreams they get REALLY angry. That little Chinese communist spy that drove DiFi's limo should have warned us.
October 11, 2018, 08:19 PM
JALLEN
quote:
I'll see your Kanye, and raise 15 judicial nominees

https://www.politico.com/story...ocrats-judges-895168

Senate Democrats accepted an offer from Senate Republicans to confirm 15 lifetime federal judges on Thursday in exchange for the ability to go into recess through the midterms so endangered Democrats can campaign.

The calculation by Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer and his caucus was simple: That Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) would be able to confirm roughly 15 judges if he kept the Senate in session for the next few weeks anyway. So Democrats OK'd an offer to confirm three Circuit Court judges and 12 Circuit Court judges as the price to pay to go home for election season.

McConnell and President Donald Trump will now have confirmed 84 judges over the past two years, including two Supreme Court nominees, after the deal. Democrats also allowed a package of judges to be confirmed in August as a condition of going home.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think these nominees include

David James Porter of Pennsylvania to sit on the 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals,

Ryan Nelson of Idaho to sit on the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, and

Richard Sullivan of New York to sit on the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals.

William Ray of Georgia to serve for the Northern District of Georgia,

Liles Clifton Burke of Alabama to the North District of Alabama,

Michael Juneau of Louisiana to serve for the Western District of Louisiana and

Mark Norris Sr. of Tennessee to the Western District of Tennessee.

The article you pasted in says 3 Circuit Court judges and 12 Circuit Court judges.... but they meant 12 District Court judges, of course.

The three Circuit Court judges named are awaiting Senate votes.

There are 35 District Court nominees waiting on floor votes, so no telling which 12 are covered here.

There are 10 who have been nominated and are in process for Circuit Court seats, and 67 nominated for District Court seats in the pipeline short of Committee approval.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown
October 11, 2018, 08:23 PM
Sigolicious
I think this about sums things up.........

October 11, 2018, 09:14 PM
sdy
yes, 12 District Court Judges not 12 Circuit Court Judges

Confirmed today:
David James Porter of Pennsylvania, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Third Circuit.

Ryan Nelson of Idaho, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Ninth Circuit

Richard Sullivan - of New York, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Second Circuit

William Ray II of Georgia, to be United States District Judge for the Northern District of Georgia

Liles Clifton Burke of Alabama, to be United States District Judge for the Northern District of Alabama

Michael Juneau of Louisiana, to be United States District Judge for the Western District of Louisiana

Mark Norris Sr. of Tennessee, to be United States District Judge for the Western District of Tennessee

Eli Richardson of Tennessee, to be United States District Judge for the Middle District of Tennessee

Thomas Kleeh of West Virginia, to be United States District Judge for the Northern District of West Virginia

Jeremy Kernodle of Texas, to be United States District Judge for the Eastern District of Texas

Peter Phipps of Pennsylvania, to be United States District Judge for the Western District of Pennsylvania

Susan Brnovich of Arizona, to be United States District Judge for the District of Arizona

Chad Kenney of Pennsylvania, to be United States District Judge for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania

James Hanlon of Indiana, to be United States District Judge for the Southern District of Indiana

Lance Walker, of Maine, to be United States District Judge for the District of Maine

https://www.democrats.senate.g...of-porter-pa-circuit
October 12, 2018, 05:51 AM
Keystoner
I heard some of Kanye West's incessant babbling. He wants to free Larry Hoover. What a complete idiot.

Year V
October 12, 2018, 06:24 AM
pbslinger
After the Saudis might have hit a journalist, I saw "Never Trumpers" Corker and Flake, either pressing or demanding Trump do something to them for it.

They likely know how tenuous this situation is and just are looking for a situation they can put Trump in that he can't win and make him look bad.
October 12, 2018, 07:05 AM
sdy
https://www.breitbart.com/big-...eft-an-unhinged-mob/

The Republican National Committee (RNC) published an ad on Thursday casting Democrats and the broader left as “an unhinged mob,” blending together comments of incitement from Democrats with video segments of violent leftist protesters.

Featured Democrats included Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ), Reps. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Maxine Waters (D-CA), former Attorney General Eric Holder, and Hillary Clinton.

video at link

The Left: An Unhinged Mob.
October 12, 2018, 07:27 AM
justjoe
There are all sorts of ways to describe what is going on in politics in America, but here is a simple, clear, precise description: We are seeing an attempted takeover by the totalitarian left.

All the historical implications apply. If they succeed, everyone regarded as an enemy of the state will be punished. If you want a picture of the range of punishment and how it is handed out, read The Gulag Archipelago. Don't think it can't happen here. Clinton, Obama, Feinstein, Schumer, Hirono, Blumenthal, Booker-- these and more are right out of a Gulag cast of characters.

I say "if they succeed" deliberately. Our main obstacle right now would be complacency. We need to see very clearly the threat that we face.

I would not have dreamed two years ago that I would ever be writing about a leftist totalitarian takeover of America. These days, with everything we have learned and everything we see, I wonder who can doubt it.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."
October 12, 2018, 07:33 AM
Fenris
quote:
https://www.breitbart.com/big-...eft-an-unhinged-mob/

The Republican National Committee (RNC) published an ad on Thursday casting Democrats and the broader left as “an unhinged mob,” blending together comments of incitement from Democrats with video segments of violent leftist protesters.

Featured Democrats included Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ), Reps. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Maxine Waters (D-CA), former Attorney General Eric Holder, and Hillary Clinton.

video at link

The Left: An Unhinged Mob.

I think they could have done a better job of picking scenes of truly violent leftists. Once again, the Republicans are pulling their punches.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.
October 12, 2018, 08:31 AM
jljones
Why is it that people around here stand in line to disparage anything that the Republican Party does as weak, because they didn’t walk up and shoot them in the face?

Remember the 16 election, and all the people who criticized the republicans for not being hard core enough against the pending Hillary victory.

Or more recently the Kavanaugh hearings where people here claiming that the republicans were weak and needed to stop playing around and “call for a vote”

I don’t get it. This shit is chess and many people keep demanding we play checkers for self gratification.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

October 12, 2018, 08:51 AM
HayesGreener
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Why is it that people around here stand in line to disparage anything that the Republican Party does as weak, because they didn’t walk up and shoot them in the face?

Remember the 16 election, and all the people who criticized the republicans for not being hard core enough against the pending Hillary victory.

Or more recently the Kavanaugh hearings where people here claiming that the republicans were weak and needed to stop playing around and “call for a vote”

I don’t get it. This shit is chess and many people keep demanding we play checkers for self gratification.

You make a good point. I am expecting (hoping) the silent conservative majority comes out of their comfort zone to show steel as they did in 2016. God knows the liberal left mob loons have given them good reason. I really want to see more liberal tears and renting of robes and gnashing of teeth next month...

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)
October 12, 2018, 09:35 AM
Fenris
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

A long history of spineless behavior by Republicans never failing to disappoint. Recently, the GOP may be getting better, but it seems that Trump has to drag them kicking and screaming.

MRRA - Make Republicans Republican Again

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.