SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
This video is actually about the winning of Trump!

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Link

Ol' Jimmy stomps out of the press briefing

quote:

CNN’s Acosta Blasts Sanders’ ‘Un-American’ Anti-Press Rhetoric After Walking Out of Briefing: ‘I’m Tired of This!’
by Tamar Auber | Aug 2nd, 2018, 2:28 pm 2640

On Thursday, CNN’s Jim Acosta confronted White House press secretary Sarah Sanders and asked her if she would say that the press is not the enemy of the people. She did not.

In response, according to Acosta, he walked out of the room “saddened by what just happened.”

He also spoke out on CNN. Filing his report in the back in the briefing room, Acosta said “I’m tired of this!” and noted it is not right to call the press the enemy of the people.

He then said this:

It is un-American to come out here and call the press the enemy of the people and Ivanka Trump knows that. I don’t know why her father doesn’t. And I don’t know why this press secretary doesn’t…It would be nice if we all lowered the temperature a little bit but at the very least, I think we should all be able to agree on one thing, and that is the press is not the enemy of the people. Fellow Americans are not the enemy of fellow Americans. And, you know, forgive me for going on a rant. But I think they lost sight of that here at this White House.

He tweets about it too. The responses are great!

https://twitter.com/Acosta/sta...-im-tired-of-this%2F

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Well, what, how exactly are you going to negotiate that? What magic wand do you have?

Barack Hussein Obama: "Do you have a magic wand?"

President D. J. Trump: <waves wand> "Disappear, bitch!"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I'm sure Gen. Sherman would have just loved having a Jimmy to yell at him demanding answers Wink ...he might have suffered more than a "butthurt"...I would bet though, that the press was much more polite back then...

He was was not a big fan of the press...Here are some quotes attributed to Sherman about the MSM of his day...

“I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are.”

“I think I understand what military fame is — to be killed on the field of battle and have your name misspelled in the newspapers.”

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10585 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Two Trump rallies this past week:

Tampa, FL:

Wilkes Barre, PA:

Kinda destroys the MSM/Dem/Left narrative that we are all just a bunch of angry old white men, I’d say!

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.politico.com/story...-russia-probe-760657

President Donald Trump and his legal team are likely to decide whether to grant special counsel Robert Mueller an interview with Trump within a “week to 10 days,” Trump personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani said Thursday.

The former New York City mayor said Trump’s legal team will spend the weekend contemplating a new set of parameters proposed by Mueller for an interview with the president, then make a decision shortly thereafter.

But he added that the team is still considering declining an interview altogether, despite what he described as Trump’s ongoing desire to meet with Mueller. The two sides remain deadlocked over whether Mueller will get to ask Trump about possible efforts to obstruct the FBI’s investigation of Russian contacts with the Trump campaign.

Giuliani said he and Trump’s other attorneys are studying the latest proposal from Mueller that offered to narrow the set of obstruction-related questions the special counsel's team would ask the president

But Giuliani said the president’s team is still opposed to allowing Mueller to question Trump directly about obstruction and will insist that he limit his questions to the topic of alleged collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia — which Trump also denies occurred.

“We don’t want questioning on obstruction. They would have to concede that,” he said. “It depends on how much they want his testimony on the other [topic].”

Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Just say no, Donald! No talking to Mueller. Don't play with fire.

And Rudy, STFU.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
contemplating a new set of parameters proposed by Mueller

Nope. Someone as corrupt as Mueller does not get to dictate terms. AT ALL.

The answer is "NO" for everything. You fire Rosenstein and Sessions in November and see what Mueller does when someone who actually believes in due process is in charge. Instead of the two pieces of corrupt trash we have at the head of the current DOJ.

This is not designed to end; the left is frothing at the mouth, not at an indictment of Trump (they know they don't have it), but to be able to repeat daily during the 2020 election cycle "and President Trump, who is still under criminal investigation by special council Mueller..."

Propaganda works. Especially if it is repeated loud and often.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
For most of the last year we have been treated to unnamed sources, usually reliable, breathlessly telling us that Chief of Staff John Kelly would be leaving his post any time now, very soon, etc. He was sick of Trump, called him an idiot on at least one occasion, Trump was sick of him, has taken steps to marginalize Kelly out of the loop, etc.

So what happened? The WH said the other day that Kelly was asked by the President, and had agreed, to stay through the end of the term. That doesn’t mean that he will be there at term’s end of course, but apparently, the two men appreciate the arrangement at least for now.

The MSM and unnamed sources, have another black mark, as far as I can tell.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Razz

WASHINGTON, DC – Democratic opposition to Judge Brett Kavanaugh took a hit Thursday when liberal feminist Lisa Blatt, who is a Supreme Court star, called upon her fellow Democrats to vote for Kavanaugh’s confirmation to the nation’s highest court.

“I am a liberal Democrat and a feminist,” Blatt told readers in a Politico op-ed. “But we all benefit from having smart, qualified and engaged judges on our highest court, regardless of the administration that nominates them.”

Blatt has argued 35 cases before the Supreme Court, more than any other woman. She praised Kavanaugh for his proactive hiring of women clerks, comparing him in that regard to the Supreme Court justice for whom Blatt clerked, Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

A former assistant solicitor general through two Democratic administrations and one Republican administration, Blatt compared Kavanaugh to Barack Obama’s nominee to replace Justice Scalia, Judge Merrick Garland, saying that both of these appeals judges from the D.C. Circuit court are “brilliant, admired, experienced, sober and humane.”

She praises Kavanaugh for saying that Garland was “supremely qualified” for the Supreme Court while the latter’s nomination was pending during 2016, in which Kavanaugh was communicating that Garland was an excellent choice for a Democratic president.

Blatt said that just as she contended that Garland should have been confirmed in 2016, so too should Kavanaugh be confirmed now. Her endorsement is a bipartisan boost, as she emphasizes her commitment to advancing liberal priorities like abortion, but says that Kavanaugh is the epitome of the most decent and qualified nominee that anyone could expect from a Republican president, and therefore that he should be confirmed.

“My standard is whether the nominee is unquestionably well-qualified, brilliant, has integrity and is within the mainstream of legal thought,” she continued. “Kavanaugh easily meets those criteria.”

“Democrats should quit attacking Kavanaugh,” the Democratic legal superstar insists. “He is the most qualified conservative for the job.”

https://www.breitbart.com/big-...t-democrat-endorses/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
Razz

WASHINGTON, DC – Democratic opposition to Judge Brett Kavanaugh took a hit Thursday when liberal feminist Lisa Blatt, who is a Supreme Court star, called upon her fellow Democrats to vote for Kavanaugh’s confirmation to the nation’s highest court.

“I am a liberal Democrat and a feminist,” Blatt told readers in a Politico op-ed. “But we all benefit from having smart, qualified and engaged judges on our highest court, regardless of the administration that nominates them.”

Blatt has argued 35 cases before the Supreme Court, more than any other woman. She praised Kavanaugh for his proactive hiring of women clerks, comparing him in that regard to the Supreme Court justice for whom Blatt clerked, Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

A former assistant solicitor general through two Democratic administrations and one Republican administration, Blatt compared Kavanaugh to Barack Obama’s nominee to replace Justice Scalia, Judge Merrick Garland, saying that both of these appeals judges from the D.C. Circuit court are “brilliant, admired, experienced, sober and humane.”

She praises Kavanaugh for saying that Garland was “supremely qualified” for the Supreme Court while the latter’s nomination was pending during 2016, in which Kavanaugh was communicating that Garland was an excellent choice for a Democratic president.

Blatt said that just as she contended that Garland should have been confirmed in 2016, so too should Kavanaugh be confirmed now. Her endorsement is a bipartisan boost, as she emphasizes her commitment to advancing liberal priorities like abortion, but says that Kavanaugh is the epitome of the most decent and qualified nominee that anyone could expect from a Republican president, and therefore that he should be confirmed.

“My standard is whether the nominee is unquestionably well-qualified, brilliant, has integrity and is within the mainstream of legal thought,” she continued. “Kavanaugh easily meets those criteria.”

“Democrats should quit attacking Kavanaugh,” the Democratic legal superstar insists. “He is the most qualified conservative for the job.”

https://www.breitbart.com/big-...t-democrat-endorses/

You can read the whole column by Lisa Pratt Here as I posted it the other day.

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
why does Acosta still have access to the WH?

he obviously doesn't like it there so why not just boot his ass and tell ABC to send someone with integrity

that might take 12 - 15 years to find someone at ABC with some integrity but they have a goal

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

he obviously doesn't like it there so why not just boot his ass and tell ABC to send someone with integrity

that might take 12 - 15 years to find someone at ABC with some integrity but they have a goal

Huh, he works for CNN.

The WH has never banned reporters for established news organizations.

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."

The more they act like crazy harpys the more normies who actually watch them realize they are crazy harpies.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
The WH has never banned reporters for established news organizations.
Perhaps it is time to start. And post a set of rules that says that no reporter is permitted to just yell questions--they will have to raise their hands and be called on, one at a time. They are supposed to be adults--they need to act like it. Anyone not following the posted rules will be removed by Security. Three such removals results in a permanent ban.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
James Woods, ba-zing!!

From what I read on the 'net about the Manafort trial it may yet be dismissed for being 'Out-of-Scope'.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
James Woods, ba-zing!!

From what I read on the 'net about the Manafort trial it may yet be dismissed for being 'Out-of-Scope'.

Where do you read that?

Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
JALLEN, although the issue of the scope of the investigation was addressed in April-May when the judge requested the unredacted memo, his remarks about the real intent of the prosecution show his skepticism. I think he may re-visit the scope as an out for overreach.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Report This Post