SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Obama 2 years ago:

Obama referenced Trump's promise to bring back jobs to the United States when talking about manufacturing.

“Well, how exactly are you going to do that? What exactly are you going to do? There’s no answer to it,"

"He just says, 'Well, I’m going to negotiate a better deal.' Well, what, how exactly are you going to negotiate that? What magic wand do you have? And usually the answer is, he doesn’t have an answer.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

at least not one a community organizer would comprehend

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
The "magic wand" is tax cuts and deregulation: tax cuts on individuals put more money in their pockets to be spent; tax cuts and deregulation on businesses allow them to hire more people, produce more goods, and reduce prices.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Listening to Rush, Trump just called in to talk.

He's hitting the campaign trail and using all the available outlets to get the word out...

He kind of put Rush on the spot when he thanked him for the endorsement. As far as I know Rush doesn't do formal endorsements.

Posts: 7451 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
He kind of put Rush on the spot when he thanked him for the endorsement. As far as I know Rush doesn't do formal endorsements.

Trump plays chess, remember?? Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:...

Now Rush can talk about how he does not do endorsements, so he is not bound to "campaign fairness" for the Democrats, all the while using the call in by Trump as the point of the matter.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Even dogs listen to Trump.
Hilarious.

https://www.bing.com/videos/se...B3DC06D960&FORM=VIRE

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31422 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Iran’s currency hit a record low on Sunday of 100,000 rials to the dollar amid a deepening economic crisis and the imminent return of full US sanctions.
Wow! When I was stationed in Tehran 1969-1971, the exchange rate was 75 Rials to the Dollar. Of course, the Shah was still in power there at that time, and we had friendly relations with the country.

flashguy

Yeah, I was there from mid '65 to mid '66, out along the Iraqi border with the 6th Iranian Inf. Division. That was about the exchange rate then.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.politico.com/story...ring-schedule-755591

Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation hearings are expected next month, with a final vote in October at the latest, Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) said Wednesday.

Grassley’s forecast that hearings on President Donald Trump’s nominee will slip until next month gives the GOP a narrow window in which to meet their goal of getting Kavanaugh confirmed and seated on the high court by the time its term starts in early October.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Gonna need a waaaaaambulance.

Freedom of the Press- the most important thing EVAR!

Freedom of Speech for individual Americans- never heard of it.

Roll Eyes

And then there's this. They pissed off Alan Dershowitz and he broke out the whole can of whoopass, and he shut these biased bitches down. Smarmy fucking slunts.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
LMAO. Conveniently "at a press pause". Alan handed them their ASSES. I've been liking Mr. Dershowitz more and more lately. He collaborates with Dennis Prager quite a bit...class act!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
President Donald Trump surprised radio host Rush Limbaugh by calling in to congratulate him on his 30 year anniversary in broadcasting.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12658 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
LMAO. Conveniently "at a press pause". Alan handed them their ASSES. I've been liking Mr. Dershowitz more and more lately. He collaborates with Dennis Prager quite a bit...class act!
Alan Dershowitz is a liberal Democrat, but he is also a very principled lawyer who strictly follows the law. I don't always agree with his stance, but I like his action.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Just went back and watched again as Alan Dershowitz mops the floor with these commie slunts.

VERY satisfying, and yeah, lady, I guess you do want to "press pause". Most people having their asses handed to them want to "press pause".

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
I guess you do want to "press pause"

I was unable to tell whether she actually thought she was in control of the discussion or just acting like she thought she would be able to gloss over having her head-up-her-ass handed back to her without any viewer noticing.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
The "magic wand" is tax cuts and deregulation: tax cuts on individuals put more money in their pockets to be spent; tax cuts and deregulation on businesses allow them to hire more people, produce more goods, and reduce prices.

flashguy

Also, zero tariffs, both ways, if he can get that negotiated, as he wants to do.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Trump hits 50 per cent approval in national poll as he surges past Obama's 2010 numbers and earns MORE support than he won in 2016 election

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...ers-8-years-ago.html

Donald Trump is at 50 per cent approval in the latest Rasmussen tracking poll
He only earned 46.1 per cent in his 2016 election victory over Hillary Clinton
Barack Obama was stalled at 45 per cent at this point in his first term

Posts: 12658 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The truth hurts, doesn't it, Jimmy Boy?

She demonstrates great restraint, as always.

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
After losing a part of a tree limb I employed the "Squirrels for Trump" for a job to fill the gap > ON time and ON budget.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
They must let him in just to prove how much of an asshole the guy is...

You could hear her voice crack a bit, or it seems so, but she held her own, I don't know how she does it day to day, Trump should cut these down to two or three or even one a week, screw Acosta, just issue press statements on the internet, let the networks pick up a written statement and write whatever they want.

Other than entertainment value I don't see the point in letting a good person get beat on daily.

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post