SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I don't care if he did,he in my President,I am proud of him,the SOB on the left would not be satisfied with the front seat in hell so screw the SOB and the deep state along with the rhino bastards.
My hope is after the mid terns we have enough senators to take control and he then can fire mr mcgoo and rhay and rosenstine.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Report This Post
#DrainTheSwamp
Picture of P229 357SIG Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
I don't like the would/wouldn't backtrack. He's not a backtracking President. He was ill advised by his communications staff to "clarify".

Ditto

P226 9 mm
P229 .357 SIG
Glock 17
AR15 Spikes - Noveske - Daniel Defense Frankenbuild

Posts: 944 | Location: Glen Allen, Virginia | Registered: January 05, 2003Report This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just think President Hillary Clinton and imagine how everything good that is happening would never have occurred if she occupied the White House and was naming justices to the Supreme Court.

This is why I voted for Trump. Not because I liked him, although I've grown to really like and admire the man, but because I couldn't fathom the idea of a corrupt felon occupying the Oval Office.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Gowdy is free to vote no on impeachment, as I suspect he probably will.

He makes for a good soundbite but is swamp to the core.

Yep. Ever since Hillary handed him his ass in her 2015 hearing, I've known that he is all show and no action.

Got a clip of that by any chance? I don't recall anyone ever besting the man during questioning.

Posts: 20097 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't gve a crap what he said.

Actions speak louder than words, especially interpreted by the mass media.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16688 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
quote:
Gowdy is free to vote no on impeachment, as I suspect he probably will.

He makes for a good soundbite but is swamp to the core.

Yep. Ever since Hillary handed him his ass in her 2015 hearing, I've known that he is all show and no action.

Got a clip of that by any chance? I don't recall anyone ever besting the man during questioning.

Yep, about 11 hours of it. For all of his barking, he never laid a glove on her. Or did I miss some punishment or consequence coming out of the Behghazi hearings?

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
For all of his barking, he never laid a glove on her. Or did I miss some punishment or consequence coming out of the Behghazi hearings?

What is your understanding of the purposes and powers of the Congressional committee in holding hearings?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yep, about 11 hours of it. For all of his barking, he never laid a glove on her. Or did I miss some punishment or consequence coming out of the Behghazi hearings?

I get it, you don't like Gowdy for whatever reason. But sayin that Hillary "handed him his ass" is a ridiculous comment.

Posts: 20097 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Dividing by zero
since 1966
Picture of rekstrom
posted Hide Post
Anyone find it odd that Brennan tweeted "Republican patriots, where are you?" I saw a couple of similar statements on CNN too.
Then suddenly several Republican lawmakers come out and publicly condemn Trump for his meeting with Putin? They literally played right into it.

It sure looks like the anti-Trumpers plan from the start was to peel off Repub support from Trump. Divide and conquer. Weaken Trump going into the Supreme nominee fight, maybe peel off some confirmation votes?

Posts: 2952 | Location: between locations at the moment | Registered: October 31, 2004Report This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

I don't like the would/wouldn't backtrack. He's not a backtracking President. He was ill advised by his communications staff to "clarify".

You are assuming that the only reason he clarified his wording was because of the fallout. Maybe he clarified it because it was really what he meant to say and because he values honesty. It isn't backtracking if he honestly meant to say wouldn't and not would. I know it is hard to imagine anyone in politics just being honest regardless of the consequences but if anyone is going to be then it is certainly President Trump.

A normal politician takes bad advice from his communications staff. President Trump is not a normal politician.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
For all of his barking, he never laid a glove on her. Or did I miss some punishment or consequence coming out of the Behghazi hearings?

What is your understanding of the purposes and powers of the Congressional committee in holding hearings?

Among other things, they are SUPPOSED to expose the truth, but such is rarely the case. In recent history they appear to provide a platform for swamp creatures on both sides to pontificate endlessly, while barely squeezing a question into their allotted time. The ultimate goal of every Congressional swamp creature seems to be to say something so outlandish that you garner a soundbite on all the cable fake news channels.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
I have trouble blaming Russia for breaking into the DNC Server and utilizing the password that Podesta so easily provided.

Should not the blame be placed on Hillary, the DNC, and Podesta?

Were not they responsible for information security?

The Democrats have been very effective in refocusing the publics attention.

Russia, Russia, Russia, I honestly struggle with believing any of it anymore.

After seeing how deep the Deep State is, I find it easier to believe Putin than our Intelligence Community. Not that I believe Putin, but I do wonder if he lies less than many in our Government agencies.

I take no offense to Russian spies as they are doing their job, as I would expect our spies to be doing likewise.

I take great offense to the actions of our FBI, DOJ, and Intelligence Agencies as it seems they were not doing their job. In fact they seemed (seem) to be betraying our country.

Russia is not our Allie, expecting them to behave as such is naive.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:

Among other things, they are SUPPOSED to expose the truth, but such is rarely the case. In recent history they appear to provide a platform for swamp creatures on both sides to pontificate endlessly, while barely squeezing a question into their allotted time. The ultimate goal of every Congressional swamp creature seems to be to say something so outlandish that you garner a soundbite on all the cable fake news channels.

That is a novel and imaginative purpose alright, but no, the purpose is to assist and inform Congressmen in fashioning legislation. The oversight function is to help determine whether the government is performing correctly, funding, etc.

Truth can be hard to find, especially when ambiguous, disputed, and might not be easily recognized, or even appreciated in some quarters.

Punishment is beyond the powers of Congress, thankfully.

If you thought Gowdy would interrogate Clinton who would then be marched off to the Stony Lonesome, you were destined to be disappointed, but not because of any fault or failing of Gowdy or wickedness of Clinton. Her punishment or consequence could only come from an indictment backed by proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Consequence is a bit more flexible. I think the Benghazi questioning led to the e-mails debacle which, while not satisfactorily resolved so far, certainly cast an aura of doubt or uncertainty about her soundness. This was additive to other scandals, none of which took her out of the race but cumulatively raised enough flags to give Trump a chance.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Everyone needs to sit back, relax, and smile about today being the 616th day of the best Doritos flavor ever:

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Strzok and his bias must have felt right at home in the FBI

crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Sure, whatever you say, Jim.

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Isn't there a cell down in Gitmo for the likes of Comey and Brennan? Maybe a little recreational water boarding?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
More proof of Comey's bias

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6851 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:

I get it, you don't like Gowdy for whatever reason. But sayin that Hillary "handed him his ass" is a ridiculous comment.

Reminds me of Baghdad Bob.

Year V

Posts: 2630 | Registered: November 05, 2012Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Comey and Brennan better be careful what they wish for with their "republican patriots" rhetoric. Eventually real patriots will have had enough and when they "rise up" those two will find themselves dancing at the end of a rope.