SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Well, since I haven’t watched the clip, I wouldn’t know, now, would I? My sum of knowledge about this right now is three directly quoted words, being “I accept” and now “misspoke.”

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
One aspect of Trump’s modus operandi is that he is a salesman, first, last and always. Salesmen don’t sell by arguing with prospects, customers, nor are they graded, or paid, by being “right,” as long as they make the sale, sometimes termed “winning.” That may not always be a straight forward process.

The press doesn't get that... mostly because they don't want to. They are just going to keep beating their dead horse.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24067 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
WOW!
A complete 180...

I guess that's better than nothing. I was having a hard time getting my head around his comments yesterday....

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6311 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Here is the President’s statement in Helsinki:

quote:
PRESIDENT TRUMP: So let me just say that we have two thoughts. You have groups that are wondering why the FBI never took the server. Why haven’t they taken the server? Why was the FBI told to leave the office of the Democratic National Committee? I’ve been wondering that. I’ve been asking that for months and months, and I’ve been tweeting it out and calling it out on social media. Where is the server? I want to know, where is the server? And what is the server saying?

With that being said, all I can do is ask the question. My people came to me — Dan Coats came to me and some others — they said they think it’s Russia. I have President Putin; he just said it’s not Russia.

I will say this: I don’t see any reason why it would be, but I really do want to see the server. But I have — I have confidence in both parties. I really believe that this will probably go on for a while, but I don’t think it can go on without finding out what happened to the server. What happened to the servers of the Pakistani gentleman that worked on the DNC? Where are those servers? They’re missing. Where are they? What happened to Hillary Clinton’s emails? Thirty-three thousand emails gone — just gone. I think, in Russia, they wouldn’t be gone so easily. I think it’s a disgrace that we can’t get Hillary Clinton’s 33,000 emails.

So I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today. And what he did is an incredible offer; he offered to have the people working on the case come and work with their investigators with respect to the 12 people. I think that’s an incredible offer.

Okay? Thank you.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/bri...nt-press-conference/

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
WOW!
A complete 180...

I guess that's better than nothing. I was having a hard time getting my head around his comments yesterday....

Frankly, I would think everyone here would be relieved by the news that Trump "misspoke."

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't even know what you guys are talking about and I don't care. It doesn't matter what the man says or does. It's all wrong. wrongwrongwrongwrong

Everything he does. Anything he does. Anything he doesn't do. wrongwrongwrongwrong

A complete Universe of Wrongness

Do yourself a favor, gents. Just tune it out because it all ends up in the same way.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
While you're at it, remember what JALLEN said yesterday, and decide which way you're going to take DJT. I already know how to read him.
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
The Resistance still makes the mistake best described in an article right after the election of “taking Trump literally, but not seriously, while supporters take Trump seriously but not literally.”

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9145 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I don't gve a crap what he said. As far as I am concerned he has plenty of reasons not to trust the intelligence community. They actively tried to derail his campaign during the election. He still has a DOJ and FBI actively trying to destroy his presidency. I wouldn't trust a single person in any of those agencies.

Until those agencies are cleaned of the leftists, from top to bottom, they don't deserve a lick of my trust.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
I don't gve a crap what he said. As far as I am concerned he has plenty of reasons not to trust the intelligence community. They actively tried to derail his campaign during the election. He still has a DOJ and FBI actively trying to destroy his presidency. I wouldn't trust a single person in any of those agencies.

Until those agencies are cleaned of the leftists, from top to bottom, they don't deserve a lick of my trust.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You have that right. And the timing of the 12 Russians indictments,while the President is overseas getting ready to meet with Putin.

In my opinion this was flagrantly telling President Trump and the world that the deep state is alive and well.

The President has every right not to trust them.

Posts: 12658 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
PRESIDENT TRUMP: So let me just say that we have two thoughts. You have groups that are wondering why the FBI never took the server. Why haven’t they taken the server? Why was the FBI told to leave the office of the Democratic National Committee? I’ve been wondering that. I’ve been asking that for months and months, and I’ve been tweeting it out and calling it out on social media. Where is the server? I want to know, where is the server? And what is the server saying?

With that being said, all I can do is ask the question. My people came to me — Dan Coats came to me and some others — they said they think it’s Russia. I have President Putin; he just said it’s not Russia.

I will say this: I don’t see any reason why it would be, but I really do want to see the server. But I have — I have confidence in both parties. I really believe that this will probably go on for a while, but I don’t think it can go on without finding out what happened to the server. What happened to the servers of the Pakistani gentleman that worked on the DNC? Where are those servers? They’re missing. Where are they? What happened to Hillary Clinton’s emails? Thirty-three thousand emails gone — just gone. I think, in Russia, they wouldn’t be gone so easily. I think it’s a disgrace that we can’t get Hillary Clinton’s 33,000 emails.

So I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today. And what he did is an incredible offer; he offered to have the people working on the case come and work with their investigators with respect to the 12 people. I think that’s an incredible offer.

is this what the radio talk is all about? cause what I just read doesn't sound like "treason" that they been talking about...at all.

quote:

Mbinky has it right

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Quoted for truth....

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Report This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
quote:

Exactly my sentiments. Well said my friend.

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Report This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:

I agree with this statement. I don't think he misspoke and I do think they are out to get him.

Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
maybe some of these swampbats have confused their own lives with this old series:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Led_3_Lives

"I led 3 lives: Citizen, Communist, Counterspy"
per Wiki: It was loosely based on the life of Herbert Philbrick, a Boston advertising executive who infiltrated the U.S. Communist Party on behalf of the FBI in the 1940s and wrote a bestselling book on the topic, I Led Three Lives: Citizen, 'Communist', Counterspy (1952). The part of Philbrick was played by Richard Carlson.

I Led Three Lives lasted 117 episodes. Philbrick narrated each episode and served as a technical consultant — and all scripts were approved by J. Edgar Hoover and the FBI[citation needed]. Nonetheless, the episodes often had very little to do with the actual events of Philbrick's life, with plotlines taking Philbrick on journeys to Europe and South America. They gradually became more and more outlandish, featuring such supposed "Communist plots" as an attempt to convert vacuum cleaners into bomb launchers.

The "three lives" in the title are Philbrick's outward life as a white-collar worker, his secret life as a Communist agent and his even more secret life as an FBI operative helping foil Communist plots.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Of course our current events are of a serious nature, yet so much approaches the wildest notions fiction writers have expressed for at least a 1/2 century.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Unless Trump kicked Putin in the nuts during the Press Conference - he was going to get murdered by the MSM, Dems and the Never-Trumpers.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I have a question....since 9/11 happened (you remember that wee little event back in 2001), exactly what has the intelligence community gotten right since then?

don't truxt them?

hell yeah, they spy on Americans, intercept and sweep cell phones, probably intercept and archive emails and anything else they can do

so, other than break the law and violate the Constitution on a regular basis, what have these guys done that justifies their salary or budget for next year

we know they don't like DJT, and its clear he doesn't like or trust them, for good reason

Clapper, Brennan - all POS traitors to the United States under the smoke screen of 'national security'

makes it all better doesn't it, knowing its all about 'national security'

these turds have no clue what that is

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yep, right there with ya, especially after catching up on what the big hoo-ha is all about. Good grief.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Unless Trump kicked Putin in the nuts during the Press Conference - he was going to get murdered by the MSM, Dems and the Never-Trumpers.

Pretty much. Even people like Newt jumped on him this time though. The guy is human and will occasionally misspeak like we all do, but he's proven that he is on our side. Give him some leeway for crying out loud. Honestly, it will calm down like it always does and people will be even further desensitized to the media.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Former Mueller FBI Appointee, CIA Official Calls for ‘Shadow Government’ to Oppose Trump

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...ppose-trump-n2501287

Amid CNN’s blitz of savage anti-Trump coverage following Monday’s Helsinki summit, CNN counterterrorism analyst Philip Mudd, a former top analyst at the CIA and the FBI National Security Branch’s first Deputy Director, called on a “shadow government” to openly oppose the Trump administration.

Mudd, who was appointed to his position at the FBI by the bureau’s then-Director Robert Mueller, made these comments in response to a question from CNN anchor Anderson Cooper about whether Mudd agreed with Senator McCain’s assessment that Trump’s performance in Helsinki was the “most disgraceful display…by an American president on the world stage.” Mudd replied at length [transcript from NewsBusters; emphasis mine]:

“I do [agree with McCain]. But I think you have to step back even just a short time after this and say: What next? You have seen senators come out. In the past, we have seen a senator who is in the midst of a painful illness, Senator McCain. You’ve seen senators like Jeff Flake who are leaving the Senate. Now you see Marco Rubio still, obviously, in the fight, speaking out.

“My question would be: When do members of the President's inner circle start to say, ‘Look, we have an overseas dilemma where you are portraying us, in terms of the American government, as worse than a tyrant, that is, Vladimir Putin.’”

The Secretary of Homeland Security came out with statements this week about continued Russian interference. This was not on Obama's watch, that's this week. FBI Director continues the investigation. Department of Justice continues support for the investigation. Congress continues saying that this investigation is legitimate. Curious point in American government - when do we see almost a shadow government come out and say, ‘We cannot side with the government, whether it’s the cabinet or the Senate.’ I think that's the big question.”

Based on his above comments, Mudd appears to be suggesting that various elements of the U.S. government, including senators, representatives, members of Trump’s cabinet, and domestic law enforcement and intelligence agency functionaries from the highest levels should actively plot together to counter Trump and his policy decisions.

This kind of open musing on one of America’s most prestigious news networks about subverting a democratically elected leader (who was partially elected on his promises to establish better relations with Russia and scale back America’s aggressively interventionist foreign policy in general) is, unfortunately, nothing new in the current American political climate. The current round of condemnations and accusations that Trump has committed treason and is a puppet of the Putin regime who must be #Resisted! strongly resemble Democratic arguments from late 2016 claiming that Trump was a traitor who “colluded” with Russia to hack the DNC and its email infrastructure. Even though nearly two years later there is still no evidence that the Trump campaign knowingly worked with Russian operatives or did anything more nefarious than what we know the Clinton campaign did in trying to get dirt on Trump from Ukrainian and UK government officials and intelligence agents, the media’s narrative that Trump was a successful Manchurian candidate, possibly even a Kremlin asset since 1987, has not gone away.

Indeed, Trump’s remarks in Helsinki certainly served as easy fodder for the Russiagate-obsessed media and aided them in intensifying their anti-Trump rhetoric, but the president’s apparent skepticism of the American intelligence community’s assessment that Russia hacked the DNC is actually pretty easy to justify given that this assessment relies in large part on the work of a private cybersecurity firm that has, according to the Ukrainian military and a British think tank, falsely accused Russia of another major 2016 hacking attack based on the same logic. According to Voice of America [emphasis mine]:

An influential British think tank and Ukraine’s military are disputing a report that the U.S. cybersecurity firm CrowdStrike has used to buttress its claims of Russian hacking in the presidential election.

The CrowdStrike report, released in December, asserted that Russians hacked into a Ukrainian artillery app, resulting in heavy losses of howitzers in Ukraine’s war with Russian-backed separatists.

But the International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS) told VOA that CrowdStrike erroneously used IISS data as proof of the intrusion. IISS disavowed any connection to the CrowdStrike report. Ukraine’s Ministry of Defense also has claimed combat losses and hacking never happened.

A CrowdStrike spokesperson told VOA that it stands by its findings, which, they say, "have been confirmed by others in the cybersecurity community.”

The challenges to CrowdStrike’s credibility are significant because the firm was the first to link last year’s hacks of Democratic Party computers to Russian actors, and because CrowdStrike co-founder Dimiti Alperovitch has trumpeted its Ukraine report as more evidence of Russian election tampering.

Alperovitch has said that variants of the same software were used in both hacks.

Trumpeting a hacking attack that never even happened as definitely having been perpetrated by Russia should have led to some consideration by now within our intelligence community that they need to see the DNC servers for themselves to determine what really happened to them. It’s possible that Trump is already aware of this problem with the intel community’s assessment given his and his advisors’ access to top secret materials.

So here’s just a thought, maybe Trump should at least be given the benefit of the doubt before CNN and our new “shadow government” overlords get to burn him at the stake - either figuratively or literally - on the White House lawn?

Posts: 12658 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Right.
I agree with what he said the first time. It was most likely an inside job from the DNC. Let's take a look at the server!

I don't like the would/wouldn't backtrack. He's not a backtracking President. He was ill advised by his communications staff to "clarify".

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24067 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post