SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Al Franken won't have a chance to boycott tonight. Big Grin

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
I'd be willing to bet that the democratic memo (a.k.a, propaganda) that was blocked for release will somehow be "leaked" to the media.

Funny how that works isn't it? Republicans "try" to play fair but the Democrats can't help but play dirty. That's all they have ever known, at least in my lifetime. Whenever it does happen (because we know it will), the DOJ should do some super sleuthing to track down the ones that leak it to set an example. I know it's really just wishful thinking, but a man can dream Wink

In the “FBI Agent ...” thread, Wayniac said that they deliberately wanted to get it voted down to create the talking point that only one side of the story is being told. If the Ds don’t leak their memo, then that is proof he is right.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
^^^^
True. That though didn't cross my mind until I read his post but I think he is spot on. And after watching Ryan's news conference where all the reporters questions brought up the "one sided story" theme, it was quite obvious that this went out in the daily democratic talking points email to their media co-conspirators.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
here is a Newsweek article blasting Nunes and pushing Schiff's BS

http://www.newsweek.com/devin-...-release-memo-794957

"The chairman never bothered to go read these underlying materials," Schiff said. "After months and months of making this argument that the FBI and DOJ are involved in some sort of conspiracy, he didn't even bother to read the materials himself."

This is beyond ridiculous

I have read so many reports that Nunes and the other REP members of the House Intel Comm didn't read the underlying docs.

Posted before, but the reason why they didn't was because of DoJ/FBI restrictions on who could read the underlying docs.

above is from the DoJ Boyd letter to Nunes

A letter that is terribly written

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
The corrupt media and their treasonous cohorts the democrats are in full force. I don't think it has been this bad since the campaign. I know the state of the union is tonight but I do wish Trump would find some more time to speak directly to the people kind of like he did while campaigning. Release a youtube video with his side of things, explain whats going on, list facts. His version of "fireside chats". Twitter is ok but he needs to connect like he did while running. That was very successful in countering the media narrative.

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
i went over to the democratic underground. They seem to be hyperventilating a bit.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Report This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Al Franken won't have a chance to boycott tonight. Big Grin
That's the funniest thing Franken was ever responsible for ...

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16489 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
i went over to the democratic underground. They seem to be hyperventilating a bit.

Hasn't that been the case for the past year?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:

More like crapping-their-pants-terrified their Messiah Barry and his people are all over this memo soon to be public.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
here is a Newsweek article blasting Nunes and pushing Schiff's BS

http://www.newsweek.com/devin-...-release-memo-794957

"The chairman never bothered to go read these underlying materials," Schiff said. "After months and months of making this argument that the FBI and DOJ are involved in some sort of conspiracy, he didn't even bother to read the materials himself."

This is beyond ridiculous

I have read so many reports that Nunes and the other REP members of the House Intel Comm didn't read the underlying docs.

Posted before, but the reason why they didn't was because of DoJ/FBI restrictions on who could read the underlying docs.

above is from the DoJ Boyd letter to Nunes

A letter that is terribly written

Isn’t it also true that Nunes turned over the lead role in this investigation for many months after Schiff melted down over Nunes going to the WH to examine some materials without telling him? During that time, while not a recusal, Nunes may have been prevented from participating by Schiff’s own insistance.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Trump’s border wall prototypes virtually impassable, pass rigorous testing

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018...igorous-testing.html

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I think Nunes was sidelined for a while during a dubious "ethics" complaint that mysteriously came about when he started the investigation. I believe that was cleared and he resumed control agan (not quite sure but that is what I remember).

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Here it is, from nearly a year ago.

quote:
Democratic Rep. Eric Swalwell, who sits on the House Intelligence Committee, laid into committee chair Devin Nunes on Tuesday, alleging that Nunes had breached protocol when he viewed classified documents on White House grounds.

The White House "is not an internet café. You can’t just walk in and receive classified information," Swalwell said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" show.

Nunes said Monday that he had been on White House grounds when he met with an unnamed source who provided him with documents that he claims show evidence that Trump and his associates may have had their communications "incidentally collected" by the intelligence community during the transition period.

The next day, he briefed the president on the information he had received before briefing members of his committee.

"I've been around for quite a while and I've never heard of any such thing," Republican Sen. John McCain said Tuesday morning of Nunes on CBS.

Nunes' announcement ignited a firestorm, as Democrats on the committee wondered why he had viewed the documents at the White House instead of the Capitol, as well as why he went to the president before briefing the rest of the committee. Several Democrats on and outside of the committee — including ranking member Adam Schiff — called on Nunes to recuse himself from the committee's investigation into Trump's connections with Russia.

"Because of classification rules, the source could not simply put the documents in a backpack and walk them over to the House Intelligence Committee space," Nunes' spokesman, Jack Langer, said on Monday. "The White House grounds was the best location to safeguard the proper chain of custody and classification of these documents so the chairman could view them in a legal way."

Swalwell disputed Nunes' statement, saying that there were secure facilities at the Capitol where Nunes could have viewed the intel he had received about the president and his associates.

"If this was done the proper way, they could have brought it over, shared it with both parties of the committee," he said, referencing what he said was the bipartisan nature by which intelligence-committee investigations are typically conducted.

Swalwell also expressed disbelief toward Nunes' assessment that people in the West Wing "had no idea" he'd been on White House property.

When a congressional member visits, Swalwell said, "Everyone in the building knows that you’re there in the building.

"This is done because the White House wanted it to be done," he said. "And this is what a cover-up to a crime looks like. We are watching it play out right now."

Democrats on the committee have called for Nunes to step down as chair and to recuse himself from the investigation. Some have called for an independent investigation into the president's ties to Russia.

"After much consideration, and in light of the chairman's admission that he met with his source of information at the White House, I believe that the chairman should recuse himself from any further involvement in the Russia investigation, as well as any involvement in oversight of matters pertaining to any incidental collection of the Trump transition, as he was also a key member of the transition team," Schiff said in a statement.

Rep. Jackie Speier, a Democrat who sits on the committee, said in a statement that her "fears have been validated" by the developments in recent days.

"Through his bizarre and partisan actions over the last week," she said, "Chairman Nunes has demonstrated to the entire nation why he is unfit to lead our critical investigation into ties between President Trump's administration and Moscow."

Link

It looks like to me that Davin Nunes is a real hero here, and deserves a heap of gratitude and admiration.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Before this whole shebang I had never heard of him, but he has been pretty stalwart in pursuing this. I'm impressed.

Not that Schiff needs any help, but the facts from the Nunes' investigation are making him look more and more like an idiot.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
To me, Devin Nunes is one of the very best heroes of this DoJ/FBI corruption investigation

Arguably "the best". But Grassley, Goodlatte, Jordan, Gowdy are in that top list too. (MHO)

Sen Richard Burr however appears to have let DEM Mark Warner be the lead on the Senate Comm that Burr is supposed to chair.

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
As a current resident of NC, Burr is REALLY starting to tic me off...

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
To me, Devin Nunes is one of the very best heroes of this DoJ/FBI corruption investigation

Arguably "the best". But Grassley, Goodlatte, Jordan, Gowdy are in that top list too. (MHO)

Sen Richard Burr however appears to have let DEM Mark Warner be the lead on the Senate Comm that Burr is supposed to chair.

They all did what they did, to their credit, but no one else drove over to the WH and took a look at what they had.

I vaguely recall that Schiff even accused Nunes of being sneaky about it, changing cars so he wouldn’t be followed.

Sen. Burr may be following the old tactic that when your enemy is making a mistake, don’t interfere.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
every time you think it can't get any more absurd

https://www.theguardian.com/us...bi-cody-shearer-memo

The FBI inquiry into alleged Russian collusion in the 2016 US presidential election has been given a second memo that independently set out some of the same allegations made in a dossier by Christopher Steele, the British former spy.

The second memo was written by Cody Shearer, a controversial political activist and former journalist who was close to the Clinton White House in the 1990s.

Unlike Steele, Shearer does not have a background in espionage, and his memo was initially viewed with scepticism, not least because he had shared it with select media organisations before the election.

However, the Guardian has been told the FBI investigation is still assessing details in the ‘Shearer memo’ and is pursuing intriguing leads.

One source with knowledge of the inquiry said the fact the FBI was still working on it suggested investigators had taken an aspect of it seriously.

The Shearer memo was provided to the FBI in October 2016.

It was handed to them by Steele – who had been given it by an American contact – after the FBI requested the former MI6 agent provide any documents or evidence that could be useful in its investigation, according to multiple sources.

The Guardian was told Steele warned the FBI he could not vouch for the veracity of the Shearer memo, but that he was providing a copy because it corresponded with what he had separately heard from his own independent sources.

Among other things, both documents allege Donald Trump was compromised during a 2013 trip to Moscow that involved lewd acts in a five-star hotel.

The Shearer memo cites an unnamed source within Russia’s FSB, the state security service. The Guardian cannot verify any of the claims.

so the independent report verifying Steele was provided by Steele. hmmmmm

back on page 15 is a copy of a letter Grassley sent to Clinton campaign, DNC, DWS , Podesta. One of the things it asked for was any communications w long list of people (para #12).

Cody Shearer is on the list.

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Ok...so a memo writtem by a political activist is now being given credence by the FBI? Is that what I just read?

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Who is Cody Shearer ?

From 2015

http://www.nationalreview.com/...g-conspiracy-Brendan

And you thought Sidney Blumenthal was shady.

Few people have heard of Cody Shearer, the unsanctioned diplomat, private eye, and Clinton flunky whose name surfaced in connection with the so-called intelligence reports Sidney Blumenthal was channeling to Hillary Clinton during her time at the State Department. But this shadowy fixture of the Clinton machine was everywhere in the 1990s — including war-torn Bosnia, where he became the subject of a State Department investigation after he represented himself as an agent of the U.S. government and took cash from a genocidal warlord.

Now evidence suggests Shearer, working with his partner Blumenthal, was up to something similar during the 2011 revolution in Libya. And like in the 1990s, the Clintons were lurking on the margins. Much of the intelligence contained in memos fed to the Clinton State Department by Blumenthal was not just self-serving — it was provided by someone with a history of misleading foreign sources, misrepresenting himself as an agent of the U.S. government, and creating trouble for both himself and the United States abroad.

Though often described as a journalist, Shearer hasn’t written much since the 1980s. His work, like that of his father, Lloyd Shearer, the former editor of Parade magazine, was often gossipy and reputation-ruining. A series of columns the younger Shearer wrote on the sexual proclivities of former Texas senator John Tower sank his nomination for defense secretary in 1989.

Shearer’s career took a strange turn when the Clintons entered the White House in 1992. His entrée into the first family’s orbit was Strobe Talbott, Shearer’s brother-in-law, who had been a friend of Bill Clinton since the president’s days at Oxford. Talbott served as a deputy secretary in Bill Clinton’s State Department; his brother-in-law took a different route, allegedly working with Clinton enforcer Terry Lenzner to investigate and, at times, intimidate women who accused Bill Clinton of sexual harassment.

in early 2011, as a State Department-sanctioned revolution against the Qaddafi regime in Libya was picking up steam, longtime Clinton consigliere Sidney Blumenthal was sending “confidential” intelligence memos to Hillary Clinton. He was touting leaders of the Libyan rebel movement with whom he had business dealings and pushing for the hire of private military contractors while working as an adviser to Osprey Global Solutions, a contracting company seeking to do business in Libya.

Shearer was aiding Blumenthal in these “intelligence-gathering” efforts. In one e-mail message from May 2011, first published by Gawker in March, Shearer appears to be serving as the liaison between Blumenthal and “Grange,” the former Army general and CEO of Osprey, as they attempt to organize a small team of contractors to conduct an unspecified mission to the Libyan border from Tunisia. He is also in frequent contact with “K,” a Libyan named Khalifa al Sherif who seems to be feeding Shearer intelligence reports from inside the Libyan revolutionary council.

I guess the FBI is thinking, if you don't like Steele's fabricated reports, how about Cody's ?

this actually opens up a whole new line of thinking

Steele is connected w Cody Shearer.

Shearer is connected to the Clintons and Blumenthal

Shearer is brother in law to Strobe Talbott