SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
President Trump's rally in Fargo, ND:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/1vC5dtjX9xs

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
President Trump is getting a new dog and it will be a female.

Word is that he's thinking of naming it Nancy-Chuck Comey.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"...and one of my biggest critics- a slovenly man named Joe Crowley- got his ass kicked."

Da Preezy at da rally dis evenin' Big Grin

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
He's like a freight train. The Dems can't stop him and they can't get out of his way. The looks on their faces are priceless.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
The Super Elite. Great new slogan. Cool

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
President Trump rocking tonight.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Hittin' their G-spot.

I love it when he goes all Il Duce and struts around behind the podium while the crowd roars. This has got to send the Trump haters into orbit. Double Nazi baby killer.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
President Trump knows how to work a crowd. Very impressive. If he keeps doing these rallies we're going to increase seats in the Senate. Thank you President Trump!

Posts: 7524 | Registered: October 31, 2008Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Wife, son and I watched the rally with glee, with frequent guffaws from my usual quiet wife.
I commented that he relates to the audience better than any president in my (quite long) memory.

Posts: 18018 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Am I wrong to be feeling giddy that Trump gets to nominate his second Justice?? This definitely makes for the possibility of yet a third nomination, right?

I just wanted to also share a video of the upcoming blue wave... flushing down the toilet.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19588 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Report This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
"...and one of my biggest critics- a slovenly man named Joe Crowley- got his ass kicked."

Da Preezy at da rally dis evenin' Big Grin

I laughed my ass off at that!

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.washingtontimes.co...-skills-not-social-/

Army training will now focus on actual battlefield skills, not social issues

Fighting will now take precedence over dealing with transitioning transgender troops, drug abuse and other issues as the Army seeks to overhaul its training regimen to hone its soldiers’ battlefield skills.

In a series of servicewide memorandums approved by Army Secretary Mark Esper and Chief of Staff Gen. Mark Milley and obtained by The Washington Times, service leaders are making optional previously mandatory training on issues such as transgender transition and drug abuse. The move, Army leaders argue, is designed to relieve stress on the overburdened troop training regimen and refocus on soldiers’ ability to fight in combat.

“The Army’s regulations and policies that deal with training were pretty settled, and there were not a lot of detractors to it. … It was all the other [training] requirements that we levied on ourselves, or we had levied from other places” that led to the increasingly cumbersome approach to combat readiness, said Col. John O’Grady, chief of the Army’s collective training division.

Those mandated training requirements “served as barriers to maximizing time … to build readiness and lethality” within combat units, he said in an interview. Aside from ending mandatory training programs on transgender troops and drug abuse, courses on media awareness and human trafficking have been eliminated from the mandatory curriculum, the service memorandums state.

Army officials are codifying the new marching orders into servicewide training guidelines and doctrine, which will bring the Army more in line with the Pentagon’s new National Defense Strategy, Col. O’Grady said.

The strategy, which was one of Defense Secretary James N. Mattis’ earliest policy initiatives, shifted away from the George W. Bush and Obama-era strategies dominated by battling extremist groups including al Qaeda, the Taliban and Islamic State, and putting the priority on challenging traditional nation-state rivals such as China and Russia. It also placed a greater emphasis on increasing lethality in conventional combat operations.

Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
This is hilarious, especially the comments. Seems like it wasn't too long ago Canada was giving us grief for not just accepting all these illegal immigrants and said they would accept them with open arms. Yet another awesome result from the Trump train:

http://www.newsweek.com/toront...s-claims-rise-997194

Toronto Mayor Warns City Cannot Handle Surge in Asylum Seekers Amid Trump Immigration Crackdown

Toronto Mayor John Tory has warned Canada's biggest city can no longer cope with the number of asylum seekers and refugees entering the country amid President Donald Trump's immigration crackdown. "We have exhausted our available sites, our resources and our personnel," Tory said during a press conference on Tuesday, issuing a plea for assistance from provincial and federal governments.

Citing a report from Acting City Manager Giuliana Carbone, Tory said the "the City staff report reiterates our urgent request that the federal and provincial governments take immediate steps to initiate and lead a regional response to housing these populations." The mayor's plea for funding and support from the Trudeau government and the Ontario provincial government comes after Toronto was forced to activate an emergency contingency plan in May to meet growing demands for shelter for refugee claimants.

The city's shelter services have become increasingly strained. Canada has seen a rise in the number of people illegally crossing the Canada-U.S. border since Trump took office. More than 30,000 asylum seekers have illegally crossed the Canada-U.S. border since January 2017, with many citing Trump's immigration policies as their reason for fleeing, Reuters reported last Wednesday.

According to Carbone's report, the number of asylum claimants and refugees relying on Toronto's shelter system shot up from just 459 in 2016 to 3,209 as of June 20, 2018–a sixfold increase. "This represents a significant increase over a short period of time," the City of Toronto said in a separate document, noting that asylum seekers and refugees have gone from making up 11 percent of all shelter users in Toronto to 46.1 percent of the 7,128 shelter users identified as of June 24.

"The current increase in refugee claimant arrivals to Toronto that started in late 2015 and intensified in 2017 has continued and further sharpened in 2018," the document states, adding: "This prolonged and ongoing demand has created significant pressures on the City's shelter system. "The city manager attributed some of the rise to "public policy and government actions in the United States."

"Given our geography and single land border, 'irregular migration' to Canada has historically been quite limited," Carbone wrote. "However, recent public policy and government actions in the United States, as well as events elsewhere in the world, are contributing to the surge in irregulation migration to Canada," she added. "The situation is now urgent," the city manager stated, calling on provincial and federal governments "to respond immediately and directly to the current acute pressure of refugee/asylum claimant arrivals to Toronto."

Carbone's report explains that while the city had managed to secure an additional 800 spaces for asylum claimants and refugees at college residences, those spaces would need to be vacated by August 9, when students are set to return to the accommodations. "Toronto does not have the resources or spaces to relocate them," the report says, adding that relocating those currently living in college residences would require the emergency closures of multiple community centers in neighborhoods across the city, forcing the cancelation of public programming.

The city manager said that while the federal government has indicated preliminary funding of C$11 million will be made available to Ontario to offset temporary housing costs for refugees and asylum claimants, "no details with respect to this funding announcement have been forthcoming." Tory said Toronto will "need other levels of government to step up and assist Toronto in a true partnership," adding that he believed the "primary leadership and partnership role" rests with the Trudeau government.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Report This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
the federal government has indicated preliminary funding of C$11 million will be made available

how soothing, yet evidence demonstrates
the 'irregulars' won't be satisfied...

"We have exhausted our available sites, our resources and our personnel" count on it.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:

Toronto Mayor Warns City Cannot Handle Surge in Asylum Seekers Amid Trump Immigration Crackdown

Just imagine the toll it would take on the country of Canada if the US passed the problem onto them like Mexico does to us. Bus them to the northern border and tell them to keep walking. The Canadians will accept you with open arms Big Grin .

Their healthcare resources and infrastructure would be overburdened. Their economy would be severely crippled because of the influx of cheap, unskilled labor. The social welfare programs would strangle the tax paying base, especially since not many people would be left to pay the necessary taxes when jobs are handed over to someone that works for less off the books. Home ownership rates would fall, unemployment would increase, crime would go up....all causing the eventual downfall of a country that could have saved itself if it had aligned it's politics with those of someone like DJT.

I just sit back and watch...One day the Canuks will figure it out, but will it be before they have been overrun like we have been?

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not tired of the WINNING!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
Picture of GGF
posted Hide Post
We live in great times. I am proud of my president! :cool

GGF

Posts: 698 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 28, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
I just read an article on Drudge that he may dip into the SPR to lower gas prices. I get there could be shortages in other countries, but with all the drilling we are doing why are they rising here?

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
4,000th reply to this thread. REMARKABLE!!!

Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post