SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Here's an article with the full text of Trump's E.O.

Here's the very first paragraph:

President Donald Trump — after repeatedly saying that it’s up to Congress to stop his administration’s practice of separating families at the border — has now signed an executive order that would hold families together in immigrant detention as their cases are being processed.

So, Rush called it exactly. They cried and cried fake crocodile tears about the poor chillens, and now they're criticizing him for doing what they falsely claimed they wanted him to do.

And, note how the article states that it's "His administration's practice" when they know just like the rest of us that it's a law that's been on the books for over ten years.

The Left is definitely evil - doing the work of Satan in our country.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The children- Reminds me of the Arabs and Palestinians and how they only bring out the women and children to be killed so they can win the propaganda war.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
A handy link:
https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/

It's always nice to go to the source and tune out the spin. The Whitehouse is pretty fast in posting info, transcripts, etc.

Posts: 83 | Location: TN | Registered: May 18, 2002Report This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
So the whole family is going to get deported? If so, I'm all for this type of family reunion Big Grin

That's the way I read it.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
(e) The Attorney General shall promptly file a request with the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California to modify the Settlement Agreement in Flores v. Sessions, CV 85-4544 (“Flores settlement”), in a manner that would permit the Secretary, under present resource constraints, to detain alien families together throughout the pendency of criminal proceedings for improper entry or any removal or other immigration proceedings.

quote:
Originally posted by Gurn Blanston:
A handy link:

It's always nice to go to the source and tune out the spin. The Whitehouse is pretty fast in posting info, transcripts, etc.

These virtue-signaling morons just got Trumped Wink If they get a judge to overturn the Executive Order, then the current law stands - which result in - back to the application of the law as of yesterday; they are thinking that if all the illegals are not separated that it would result in immediate release.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Wife and one of her friends going to the Trump rally in Duluth tonight. The local media has been reporting on all the times and places were the protests will be taking place and who is sponsoring them They want to make sure they get as many to the protests as possible.

Trump won the northern part of Minnesota by 16% so any protests should be dwarfed by Trump supporters.

If she sends any pics I will post them up.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Wife and one of her friends going to the Trump rally in Duluth tonight. The local media has been reporting on all the times and places were the protests will be taking place and who is sponsoring them They want to make sure they get as many to the protests as possible.

Trump won the northern part of Minnesota by 16% so any protests should be dwarfed by Trump supporters.

If she sends any pics I will post them up.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Wife just sent a text. Stood in line for almost 4 hours and they got cut off couldn't get in. She said thousands standing outside.

A couple hundred protestors blocking traffic.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
Watching the Trump rally now. Awesome. So far two
protestors kicked out. Smile

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Report This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
He just called out the man bun lib!

Ha ha ha... Get a haircut and Go home to your mom

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Report This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
SPACE FORCE

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Hannity is right that they are having psychotic breakdowns.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
I have a politically incorrect question.

Does anyone have an area in their US-based city, which is now majority spanish-speaking Mexican-cultured folks, where it has excelled beyond the rest of the city, as it pertains to wealth creation, cleanliness, robust home and commercial construction, and employment?

I'm actually asking for a friend.

I can tell you that I live in a small southwestern town in Wisconsin. About 25 miles to our northwest is a the town of Arcadia, WI, with a population of about 3000 people. They have a couple of large businesses there, Gold'n Plump and Ashley Furniture. Over the past 20 years or so it has become more and more "Mexicanized," for lack of a better term, because of recruitment by these companies for cheap labor from south of the border. The Mexicans and other Hispanics turned this once neat, clean German-settled town into the same third world shithole from where they came - run down, unkempt houses, trash in yards, etc.

As of 2010 the Hispanic population was about 33%. I can tell you just looking at the schools there the demographics show a much higher percentage than that, well over 50%. It's no wonder there is "white flight" from these towns because of the trash, crime, drunkenness in the evenings. I have never seen examples of cities or neighborhoods that improved with an influx of Hispanics. They are not of the same ilk as the German, Norwegian and Bohemian immigrants of 150 years ago, and it's a snapshot of the America to come. President Trump is our last hope to keep America from becoming a third world shithole.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5149 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

"Was that a man or a woman, because he needs a haircut worse than I do! I couldn't tell!"

Hilarious!

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5149 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Actual speech starts at around 6:30 minute mark.

Best line of the night - at 35:54

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Trump killed it tonight! Very entertaining speaker and he made a ton of great points and highlighted his accomplishments. He even had the crowd chanting "CNN sucks" at one point.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BMR:
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
I have a politically incorrect question.

Does anyone have an area in their US-based city, which is now majority spanish-speaking Mexican-cultured folks, where it has excelled beyond the rest of the city, as it pertains to wealth creation, cleanliness, robust home and commercial construction, and employment?

I'm actually asking for a friend.

As of 2010 the Hispanic population was about 33%. I can tell you just looking at the schools there the demographics show a much higher percentage than that, well over 50%. It's no wonder there is "white flight" from these towns because of the trash, crime, drunkenness in the evenings. I have never seen examples of cities or neighborhoods that improved with an influx of Hispanics. They are not of the same ilk as the German, Norwegian and Bohemian immigrants of 150 years ago, and it's a snapshot of the America to come. President Trump is our last hope to keep America from becoming a third world shithole.

Full disclosure: I’m the son of Hispanic (not Mexican!) immigrants.

I agree that Mexican/Central American immigration (the vast majority of “Hispanic” immigration, so much that most people think Hispanic = Mexican or Central American indigenous) has been overwhelmingly negative.

I will say that other countries in LatAm have provided, in some cases, a positive effect. There are neighborhoods with heavy Argentine, Chilean, Brazilian or Venezuelan populations that are clean, neat, orderly and very wealthy, but again they are not the norm.

Posts: 2320 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BMR:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

"Was that a man or a woman, because he needs a haircut worse than I do! I couldn't tell!"

Hilarious!

That one has me rolling this morning.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gurn Blanston:
A handy link:

Thank you!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post