SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
the truth will set you free
Picture of ilikefirearms
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
Perhaps not protocol, but Trump was returning a salute. To have not done so would have been awkward.

I’m sure if Obama or Hillary did this, you would be just as understanding.

Conan! What is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

Posts: 1508 | Registered: September 29, 2004Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Fake news...what amazonpost deliberately left out was the part that the NK General saluted First....the video I posted and that everyone is basing their lie on is from NK...does anyone think that the NorKs made an editing mistake by removing the part about the general saluting first Roll Eyes

If this was true, CNN wouldn't have reported the opposite of amazonpost:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/14...ea-salute/index.html

quote:
When meeting No Kwang Chol, minister of the People's Armed Forces and a top North Korean military leader, Trump initially tried to shake his hand. No pulled his hand back and then saluted the president. Trump then responded with his own salute, before the two men shook hands as Kim smiles in the background.

quote:
Originally posted by ilikefirearms:
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
North Korea broadcast the summit in real time. They seem to be serious.

Video shows Trump saluting the North Korean military officer. Wow. Like Trump or hate him, this is a dumb thing to do. You don’t salute the enemy. https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.8141c62af06e

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
It is always proper to return a salute, even if it is from the enemy or another military. (unless you are under fire or in a combat zone)

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Report This Post
Picture of ilikefirearms
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
Fake news...what amazonpost deliberately left out was the part that the NK General saluted First....the video I posted and that everyone is basing their lie on is from NK...does anyone think that the NorKs made an editing mistake by removing the part about the general saluting first Roll Eyes

If this was true, CNN wouldn't have reported the opposite of amazonpost:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/14...ea-salute/index.html

quote:
When meeting No Kwang Chol, minister of the People's Armed Forces and a top North Korean military leader, Trump initially tried to shake his hand. No pulled his hand back and then saluted the president. Trump then responded with his own salute, before the two men shook hands as Kim smiles in the background.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
North Korea broadcast the summit in real time. They seem to be serious.

Video shows Trump saluting the North Korean military officer. Wow. Like Trump or hate him, this is a dumb thing to do. You don’t salute the enemy. https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.8141c62af06e

The video and story I linked to clearly show and state he is returning the salute. Check before you post

Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

Picture of ilikefirearms
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
It is always proper to return a salute, even if it is from the enemy or another military. (unless you are under fire or in a combat zone)

My argument is not whether it’s protocol or not, it’s terrible video that puts THE PRESIDENT OF THE USA on par with a murdering POS general from NK, and it’s terribke optics for my country.

Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
sa·lute: a gesture of respect, homage, or polite recognition or acknowledgment, especially one made to or by a person when arriving or departing.

The guy showed respect to him, so he returned the gesture.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Returning the salute of a lesser is the only choice (other than being a dick).

Posts: 1345 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Report This Post
Picture of ilikefirearms
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Some Shot:
Returning the salute of a lesser is the only choice (other than being a dick).

He should have been a dick.

Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:

My argument is not whether it’s protocol or not, it’s terrible video that puts THE PRESIDENT OF THE USA on par with a murdering POS general from NK, and it’s terribke optics for my country.

Whatever. You are acting like he saluted the NK first.

Picture of ilikefirearms
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
quote:

Your acting like it’s not a huge propaganda win for NK.

Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

By that logic, he shouldn't have shaken hands or even met with the North Koreans.

I was taught that every salute given, should be returned. NK is going to present it to their people the way they want to, just like CNN and MSNBC presents it to there people the way they want to. Remember how up in arms the leftist were when VP Pence didn't stand for NK at the Olympics?

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Report This Post
Picture of ilikefirearms
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
quote:
quote:

By that logic, he shouldn't have shaken hands or even met with the North Koreans.

I was taught that every salute given, should be returned.

I salute you!

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
he he

You're freaking out, man.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
quote:
quote:

I was taught that every salute given, should be returned.

I salute you!

And I will return your salute in the same manner it was given.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:

Because it's not.

hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

The 28 million slaves in NK and the democrats will believe what they are told to believe. Everyone else in the free thinking world could care less that Trump returned a salute to an NK soldier.

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Report This Post
Picture of ilikefirearms
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Because it's not.

This is simply naive. Every newlestter poster board in NK shows Trump meeting with Kim and saluting the military guys. I’m all for talking peace but he should have just shaken the guy’s hand at best. I’m sure Obama doing something dumb like this would elicit the same excuses and understanding.

Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is simply naive. Every newlestter poster board in NK shows Trump meeting with Kim and saluting the military guys. I’m all for talking peace but he should have just shaken the guy’s hand at best. I’m sure Obama doing something dumb like this would elicit the same excuses and understanding.

I think you need a Snickers.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Now that's just down-right hilarious!!!

Dear Mr. ilikefirearms,

Your argument is a big ol'....

Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Picture of ilikefirearms
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I think you need a Snickers.

I’m out to the convenience store to get a Snickers. Goodnight