SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The Eagles were going to send a small number of players to the WH. Less than 10.

http://www.breitbart.com/sport...yers-to-white-house/

What a disgraceful stance by the Eagle players and their owner. The NFL continues to sink lower and lower.

Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
America-hating, divisive half-wit football players who started all this shit.

I will go with Trump's the American patriot, and Kenney is a fucking communist. Fuck the NFL.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
The Eagles were going to send a small number of players to the WH. Less thoan 10.

What a disgraceful stance by the Eagle players and their owner. The NFL continues to sink lower and lower.

The coach and Wentz said they were looking forward to going but the owner and others screwed it up. I wonder if ten was a number the owner set?

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Fer chist's sake Roll Eyes

Now the media is speculating on Melania Trumps absence, Jamil Smith, senior writer at Rolling Stone, used Twitter on Sunday to express his suspicion that the first lady's public absence "could be about concealing abuse" perpetrated by her husband.

Der Link of stupidity

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Team Mueller’s Illegal, Unethical Hunt for the President’s Scalp

American Spectator
GEORGE PARRY
June 5, 2018, 12:05 am

Why are they behaving in a manner they know is unconstitutional?

In the early 1970s, when I was a freshly minted Special Attorney with the Organized Crime and Racketeering Section of the U.S. Justice Department, my fellow newly hired colleagues and I attended a lecture at Main Justice given by John Dowd, a well-regarded veteran prosecutor. His topic was the then little known and almost never used Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act.

Dowd explained in detail the vast sweep of the statute and described the mind-boggling powers that Congress had conferred on us. In those long gone days of limited federal jurisdiction, we had a hard time processing what he was saying. According to him, Congress had effectively federalized almost every form of state criminal activity and had provided draconian and almost unimaginable punitive measures designed to strip defendants of their liberty and property.

Frankly, we thought Dowd was crazy. As he described it, RICO seemed too good to be true. But it wasn’t. We soon learned that he wasn’t nuts but a prophet, and, within a few short years, RICO became a standard prosecutorial bat that we enthusiastically swung with both hands.

I lost track of John Dowd until he became co-lead counsel of the president’s legal team dealing with Robert Mueller’s investigation of purported collusion between the Trump campaign and unnamed Russian operatives. To my dismay, I watched Dowd and co-counsel Ty Cobb pursue a course of complete transparency and cooperation with Mueller. According to media reports, they voluntarily produced over a million pages of documents and made administration witnesses available for interrogation. All of this was premised on the stated belief that the Trump campaign did not collude with Russia and that the president did not obstruct justice by firing FBI Director James Comey.

In the Philadelphia Inquirer (here and here) and the Federalist (here and here) I roundly criticized this cooperative stance. Given the toxic, highly partisan atmosphere in Washington, Mueller’s obvious conflict of interest due to his ties to Comey, and the Hillary Clinton fan club that comprises Team Mueller, it has been obvious that the special counsel’s office is not seeking either truth or justice. They want the president’s head on a stick, and they aren’t particular about letting the facts or the law get in the way. Consequently, as I wrote in the Federalist, “If Trump were my client, I wouldn’t give the special counsel the time of day without a court order. I would make him crawl over hot coals all the way to the Supreme Court and back before I would give up a single scrap of paper. When he wanted the next scrap, I would make him do it all over again. Under no circumstances would my client voluntarily submit to questioning.”

Months ago Dowd resigned from the president’s legal team. But, before he departed, he and co-counsel Jay Sekulow wrote to Mueller outlining why the president is not required to submit to an interview by the special counsel’s office. Their letter cogently spells out why the president’s voluntary, unprecedented, and comprehensive transparency and cooperation with the investigation has obviated the need for an interrogation of the president.

Dowd and Sekulow posit that Mueller cannot legally demonstrate a compelling need to interview the president since the information to be obtained by such an interrogation has already been provided in the massive document production and testimony given by the witnesses voluntarily made available to Team Mueller. Counsel argue persuasively that, under applicable case law, without being able to prove such a compelling need in court, Mueller cannot require the president to appear for questioning.

In short, although I would have pursued a scorched earth policy, it is nevertheless true that the approach taken by John Dowd and his colleagues have placed their client in a very strong legal position should Mueller try to subpoena the president to appear before a grand jury. By laboriously reviewing the record in discovery, counsel have not only deconstructed the fictitious and fatuous claims against the president, they have also provided a very clear and convincing first draft of a motion to quash any such ill-conceived grand jury subpoena.

Equally important, counsel reference the October 16, 2000 Memorandum Opinion for the Attorney General by the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel titled A Sitting President’s Amenability to Indictment and Criminal Prosecution. This long-accepted and well-established opinion, which is binding on all elements of the Justice Department including Team Mueller, states unequivocally that the indictment or criminal prosecution of a sitting president would unconstitutionally undermine the capacity of the executive branch to perform its constitutionally assigned functions. In other words, as a matter of fundamental constitutional law, a sitting president cannot be criminally charged or prosecuted. Certainly as a former FBI Director and long-time denizen of the Justice Department, Mueller must have been aware of this prohibition.

Accordingly, it is more than fair to ask this fundamental legal question: just what in the hell does Mueller think he’s doing? Why is he pretending to run a criminal investigation of the president when he must know that it cannot result in an arrest or prosecution?

Thanks to the careful and scholarly work of John Dowd and his colleagues, the conclusion is inescapable that Mueller and his band of Hillary Clinton sycophants are using the grand jury and the trappings of law enforcement to assemble a case for the president’s impeachment. To put it mildly, this is illegal, ethically impermissible, and simply outrageous. Not only have Mr. Trump’s lawyers set forth a strong argument against the interrogation of the president, they have laid out a compelling legal case for putting an end to Mueller’s illegal and abusive presidential scalp hunt.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
The three FBI officials will be testifying to a joint congressional committee...

I wonder how long they've been rehearsing their testimony and making sure they get all their field notes to line up just right...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Fer chist's sake Roll Eyes

Now the media is speculating on Melania Trumps absence, Jamil Smith, senior writer at Rolling Stone, used Twitter on Sunday to express his suspicion that the first lady's public absence "could be about concealing abuse" perpetrated by her husband.

Der Link of stupidity

My god...I clicked a link within the link to a twitter thread started by a reporter who claimed he saw Melania with his own two eyes.

What follows is...mind boggling. Like true insanity. As in, makes-Alex-Jones-and-a-9/11-truther-convention look sane insanity.

And for some reason, I kept reading and reading and reading deeper into the thread. The insanity only got worse, if that's possible.

What. The. Fuck.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Department of Labor: "For the first time on record, the number of American job openings exceeds the number of job seekers"

11:41 AM - Jun 5, 2018

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...unstoppable-n2487536

Picture of porterdog
posted Hide Post
This is a good one; an excellent explanation of Uniparty power, really...

https://theconservativetreehou...-policy/#more-150141

Is your government serving you?

Posts: 1271 | Location: Detroit (Rock City!) | Registered: September 11, 2004Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Chad Pergram covers congress for Fox News

https://twitter.com/chadpergram?lang=en

One of his tweets:

"Pelosi/Schumer/Schiff/Warner write to Rosenstein/Wray to asking that DoJ confirm that they have not given the President’s outside counsel, White House staff or the President access to the same classified information briefed to Congress in the Gang of 8 mtg 2 wks ago"

Why would President Trump not know what triggered the Mueller investigation ?

Why is Donald Trump being treated like this ?

What authority do the DEMs have to demand to know that ?

This is just like the 5 Jan 2017 mtg w Obama where it was discussed how much Donald Trump would be briefed on the counterintelligence investigation. They kept the full Steele dossier from being shared w Donald Trump.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

and this:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/05...-grassley/index.html

Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe has requested the Senate Judiciary Committee provide him with immunity from prosecution in exchange for testifying at an upcoming congressional hearing focused on how senior officials at the FBI and Justice Department handled the investigation of Hillary Clinton's private email server, according to a letter obtained by CNN.

"Under the terms of such a grant of use immunity, no testimony or other information provided by Mr. McCabe could be used against him in a criminal case," wrote Michael Bromwich, a lawyer for McCabe, to Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley, who has requested McCabe testify next week.

The inspector general's report has not yet been released, but Grassley has invited former FBI Director James Comey and former Attorney General Loretta Lynch to testify as well, according to those familiar with the plans.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

more at Conservative Treehouse

https://theconservativetreehou...stimony/#more-150150

Grassley told McCabe lawyer that he would have to know more of what McCabe would testify before considering immunity.

McCabe lawyer replies to Grassley that McCabe cannot define the scope of his testimony because he doesn't know what the committee will ask.

letter from McCabe lawyer to Grassley here:

https://www.scribd.com/documen...cCabe-NDA-1#download

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Chad Pergram covers congress for Fox News

https://twitter.com/chadpergram?lang=en

One of his tweets:

"Pelosi/Schumer/Schiff/Warner write to Rosenstein/Wray to asking that DoJ confirm that they have not given the President’s outside counsel, White House staff or the President access to the same classified information briefed to Congress in the Gang of 8 mtg 2 wks ago"

Why would President Trump not know what triggered the Mueller investigation ?

The Gang of 8 gets the same briefings the President gets, not vice versa.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Here is the letter

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
If only Michael Jackson was still with us…

“NBA star Dennis Rodman will be at the historic meeting between Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un next week, sources claim…”

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/artic...tor-Kim-Jong-un.html

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8938 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I hope DR has a nice dress to wear to the party.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Eagles were going to send a small number of players to the WH. Less than 10.

What I’ve heard from multiple sources is that the entire Eagles entourage; players, coaches, owner etc is around 100 people. They MUST submit all names to Secret Service prior for background checks to be able to be near POTUS. As of yesterday only around 10 names had been submitted by the Eagles organization. Freaking shameful!

I saw the game they tried to play and lost: Philly media and national would be crowing about how “loser” Trump could only muster 10 players out of a contingent of 100 to come visit him. They gambled on this PR stunt to embarrass and diminish this POTUS and lost.

Posts: 33777 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Morons...if President Trump can cancel a meeting with North Korea...why did they think he wouldn't cancel them (eagles) Roll Eyes

quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

I saw the game they tried to play and lost: Philly media and national would be crowing about how “loser” Trump could only muster 10 players out of a contingent of 100 to come visit him. They gambled on this PR stunt to embarrass and diminish this POTUS and lost.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
What I’ve heard from multiple sources is that the entire Eagles entourage; players, coaches, owner etc is around 100 people. They MUST submit all names to Secret Service prior for background checks to be able to be near POTUS. As of yesterday only around 10 names had been submitted by the Eagles organization. Freaking shameful!

It's probably the only 10 who would have a chance of passing the background check. I'm surprised it's that many.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8525 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Sarah Sanders:

"there were 80 members of the Eagles organization that RSVP’d and committed to attend this event as recently as Friday"

Then on Monday the Eagles said less than 10

MS. SANDERS: Look, if this wasn’t a political stunt by the Eagles franchise, then they wouldn’t have planned to attend the event and then backed out at the last minute. And if it wasn’t a political stunt, then they wouldn’t have attempted to reschedule the visit when they knew that the President was going to be overseas. And if this wasn’t a political stunt, they wouldn’t have waited until Monday, well after a thousand of their fans had traveled and taken time out of their schedules to offer only a tiny handful of representatives to attend the event.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/bri...evin-hassett-060518/

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sounds like a sand bag job by the Eagles.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
President Trump should simply stop inviting sports teams to the White House. Stop this practice altogether. Problem solved.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107514 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
President Trump should simply stop inviting sports teams to the White House. Stop this practice altogether. Problem solved.

Agreed, should have not been started in the first place.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post