SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I don't care who you are, or what your political leaning is, there is no doubt that President Trump respects the military DEEPLY. Finally.

I can't imagine the feelings those young officers had after all they had been through and on graduation day to have none other than the Commander In Chief shake their hand for a job well done.

And Feersum, to have shook President Reagan's hand...I envy you Sir.

Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.redstate.com/strei...ral-employee-unions/

President Trump Brings The Hammer Down On Federal Employee Unions

President Trump signed three executive orders Friday containing sweeping reforms that weaken protections for federal workers and eliminate perks for the unions that represent them.

Under the new executive orders, unions will be charged rent for federal office space and will not be reimbursed for travel expenses or for hours spent appealing worker firings.

All federal workers will be ordered to spend 75 percent of their time on government work, and agencies are ordered to publicly post union contracts in an online repository.

Trump ordered the termination of an Obama-era policy that says leniency for one worker sets a precedent protecting others from firing , and shortened review periods preceding discipline for poor-performing employees.

“Over 470 Veterans Affairs employees spend 100 percent of their duty hours working for a labor union instead of serving veterans. This includes 74 full-time nurses,” the White House said in a fact sheet.

Federal unions are really little more than Democrat party apparatchiks on the federal dole. Good on President Trump for taking this action.

posted Hide Post
The hate for Trump is so out of touch with reality:

quote:
How plans for a North Korea summit collapsed: Trump sought a legacy, underestimated the difficulty

http://www.latimes.com/politic...-20180525-story.html

Ronald Reagan had the courage to tell Gorbachev No and he changed history.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Wow, never thought I would see this happen!

Under anyone else, it wouldn't have.

Posts: 27948 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

President Trump signed three executive orders Friday containing sweeping reforms that weaken protections for federal workers and eliminate perks for the unions that represent them.

Under the new executive orders, unions will be charged rent for federal office space and will not be reimbursed for travel expenses or for hours spent appealing worker firings.

All federal workers will be ordered to spend 75 percent of their time on government work, and agencies are ordered to publicly post union contracts in an online repository.

Trump ordered the termination of an Obama-era policy that says leniency for one worker sets a precedent protecting others from firing , and shortened review periods preceding discipline for poor-performing employees.

“Over 470 Veterans Affairs employees spend 100 percent of their duty hours working for a labor union instead of serving veterans. This includes 74 full-time nurses,” the White House said in a fact sheet.

Federal unions are really little more than Democrat party apparatchiks on the federal dole. Good on President Trump for taking this action.

That is HUGE news. My wife works for the Army's Civilian Personnel Advisory Center (CPAC) and she deals with the federal union all the time, as her job is advising the command on civilian disciplinary issues. You would not believe the BS that the federal union gets away with, all on the taxpayers' dime. She has come home from work telling me some of the stories. We had both hoped President DJT would put the hammer down on these unions, and now he's doing it. Next thing is to do away with all federal workers unions.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5159 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Report This Post
#DrainTheSwamp
Picture of P229 357SIG Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Some things a President is better off not knowing in detail. Plausible deniability and all that.

Well, what happened in 2016 is on Obama and his administration. The 2018 midterms are on Trump and his administration. The only way Trump can prevent interference in November, both foreign and domestic, is to get to the bottom of what happened in 2016. It's probably too late for that now, he should have been on it like a fat kid on a cake from jump.

I'm having a hard time figuring all of this out. I mean we won the elections, we have the White House, House and Senate and yet the Dems and Obama holdovers are running the show. Trump is 1/3 of way thru is first (and no guarantee of a second) term and we're still fucking around with this bullshit.

Most of his MAGA agenda has been accomplished with the stroke of a pen, vulnerable to being undone by our next President. If we lose the House or Senate come November, we'll get nothing done legislatively over the next two years.

I don't blame Trump, he's a hard worker who has America's best interests at the forefront of his mind every second he's on the job, it's the do nothing Congress and DOJ that's to blame. I often wonder if we should all step away from our keyboards and get out there and show Trump that we still support him and give him the motivation to keep fighting. Put yourself in his shoes, when he looks out there, does he see us fighting along side him, does he feel our support...or does he feel like he's fighting this fucking battle by himself? I wonder.

P226 9 mm
P229 .357 SIG
Glock 17
AR15 Spikes - Noveske - Daniel Defense Frankenbuild

Posts: 944 | Location: Glen Allen, Virginia | Registered: January 05, 2003Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P229 357SIG Man:

I'm having a hard time figuring all of this out. I mean we won the elections, we have the White House, House and Senate and yet the Dems and Obama holdovers are running the show. Trump is 1/3 of way thru is first (and no guarantee of a second) term and we're still fucking around with this bullshit.

The GOP has the House and Senate for purposes of selecting lesdership, Speaker, committee chairmen, etc. On issues, it’s a cat herding operation, especially in the Senate where the rules, thought to be necessary, proper and beneficial in the past, provide the opportunity for a large minority to block, or vastly slow, majority progress.

Look at the nominee confirmation, all the sub Cabinet, bureaus, non Article III judges. In part, it is slow rolling committee hearings and votes. In part it is vastly increased demands for nominee information and scrutiny of that information, and the reluctance of many to endure that scrutiny. Not that many are pure enough to risk the reputational ruin of being thoroughly scrutinized, old hijinks, jilted lovers, past indiscretions, foolish antics. Like Bush 43 said, “When I was young and foolish, I was young and foolish.”

I cringe every time I read that the Republicans control the Congress. Yes, and no. The Senate is 100 egomaniacs extremely fine tuned to their power, which they surrender very grudgingly when necessary. Thankfully, there are only 100 of them.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
#DrainTheSwamp
Picture of P229 357SIG Man
posted Hide Post
I suppose we'll have to get used to governing by fiat, issuing the President an unlimited supply of ink pens on Inauguration Day all the while the Constitution keeps inching closer and closer to the shredder. I once saw it written, something about a man who built his house on the sand and when the rains and floods came and the winds beat against his house, it collapsed with a mighty crash. I guess that's where we're headed.

P226 9 mm
P229 .357 SIG
Glock 17
AR15 Spikes - Noveske - Daniel Defense Frankenbuild

Posts: 944 | Location: Glen Allen, Virginia | Registered: January 05, 2003Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P229 357SIG Man:
I suppose we'll have to get used to governing by fiat, issuing the President an unlimited supply of ink pens on Inauguration Day all the while the Constitution keeps inching closer and closer to the shredder. I once saw it written, something about a man who built his house on the sand and when the rains and floods came and the winds beat against his house, it collapsed with a mighty crash. I guess that's where we're headed.

Don't be so depressed. I think you may be in for a bit of a surprise at mid-terms.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I guess we're not supposed to post "political" stuff in the funny memes thread, so I'll do it here because it is so funny:

Posts: 18058 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Credit to Fox Business for finally admitting the role Xi Jinping played in leveraging North Korean leader Kim Jong-un to become more adversarial to the U.S.- North Korean denuclearization talks and summit in Singapore. Perhaps this is the first reality shift for Western media to discuss, with greater accuracy and honesty, the extent of influence held by China over the activity of North Korea. The DPRK is a proxy province of China.

The first U.S. trade delegation visit to China happened May 2-5. Then there was an unexpected second trip by Chairman Kim to Beijing (May 8-9). Chinese Chairman Xi Jinping instructing Chairman Kim to change his approach publicly in order to provide China with leverage in the next U.S./China trade summit which took place shortly thereafter on May 15-18. China is leveraging North Korea for a better trade outcome.

As noted by President Donald Trump during his Oval Office remarks with NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg, the specifically scheming and cunning influence by Chairman Xi, what we customarily call ‘Red-Dragon-China‘, was -and is- accepted by President Trump as evidence of Beijing’s manipulative intent.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
President Trump tweet about Mueller Team

Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
He is amazing at coming up with names for people that stick. 13 Angry Democrats Big Grin

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
This man being elected by the American people spared us as a nation from so much...I never forget that!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10585 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Getting back to the Twitter ruling:

"That’s where things get weird. If access to Trump’s account is a constitutional right, why should any member of the public be blocked from participating on it? Suppose I am blocked from using Twitter altogether for hate speech or other abuses of the terms of service. I can now go to court and claim that Twitter is barring me from a designated public forum.

A court faced with such a lawsuit — and I expect such suits will be filled soon — could do one of two things. The most cautious route would be to bar the suit by saying that Twitter isn’t the government, so blocked users don’t have free-speech rights against it. What’s more, Twitter has free-speech and free-association rights that allow it to block statements it doesn’t want and users it doesn’t like.

This conclusion would be legally right, I think. But it shows the absurdity of the court’s holding regarding Trump. How can his account be a public forum if Twitter has the right to bar people from gaining access to it? The bottom line is that it makes no sense to say that Trump controls a space that is actually controlled by Twitter."
And
"In the real world, this would mean that no social media platform operating in the U.S. could apply community standards to bar users. Harassment, hate speech and anonymous accounts could not be treated as bases for being barred from a service. The platforms would lose their private free-speech rights — all because government officials opened accounts."
https://www.bloomberg.com/view...-bad-for-free-speech

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Report This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Credit to Fox Business for finally admitting the role Xi Jinping played in leveraging North Korean leader Kim Jong-un to become more adversarial to the U.S.

How is Kim travelling to Singapore, I wonder?

It's a long train journey through China and on southwards ... I don't know if there is a NK plane that could do that safely?

My imagineering is that it took some negotiating to ensure safe passage for the NK train ... stranger things right?

Maybe I should just ease off the Codral Cold and Flu ...

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cjevans:
quote:
Credit to Fox Business for finally admitting the role Xi Jinping played in leveraging North Korean leader Kim Jong-un to become more adversarial to the U.S.

How is Kim travelling to Singapore, I wonder?

It's a long train journey through China and on southwards ... I don't know if there is a NK plane that could do that safely?

My imagineering is that it took some negotiating to ensure safe passage for the NK train ... stranger things right?

Maybe I should just ease off the Codral Cold and Flu ...

I recall reading that one of the factors in selecting Singapore was it was in range of his airplane.

Sometimes they land and refuel, too.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

We had a union guy who spent 100% of his time on "union business". They union paid for his salary when he was doing "union business". Union started running short on money and an internal audit showed they had paid him will over a quarter of a million dollars in salary over the years while he was on "union business". They wanted to file criminal charges but the Prosecuting Attorney said "No crime has been committed. Besides, you mother fuckers deserve each other".

Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5737 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Report This Post