SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
The FBI reputation has been torn to shreds. Many of the traditional people who respected the FBI and considered it to be one of our most honest and trusted govt organizations, now see an organization that tried (is trying ?) to overturn our Nov 2016 election.
Never again will I trust the FBI or have any confidence in their abiity to do anything but try to give elections to losers and to hurt the actual winners.
There is literally nothing the FBI can do to again be reputable in my eyes. I'm as serious as I can be. Never again.

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
I'm not a Debby Downer but just realistic that nothing, even if it's shown the FBI and their ilk tried to spy on the Trump campaign at the direction of the White House, will come of it.
For fuck's sake. Do yourself a favor and be quiet. I swear to God, I cannot get away from the defeatist bullshit.

What is wrong with some of you guys?? It's as if you WANT to lose.

What do you guys get out of all this defeatist talk???? Do you feel better after you've spread some of that shit around?? Good grief.

Outside of this forum where is the charge forward cry from Washington to get to the bottom of this? I think crimes were committed and the FBI rep is forever tarnished once it allowed itself to become weaponized by the Obama and Clinton. No one expected any of this would come to light since Hillary was supposed to win but now that it happened other than a few commentator, blogs, some sites and forums, people were more worked up over the IRS scandal than this.

This is just as important for the same reasons but there is no cadre of people in Washington who have the stones to see this all the way through, except Trump. That bully pulpit is strong but the process to uncover and convict is a lengthy one and should House fall in November, this story is done for all practical purposes and the Deep State goes all.

Either Sessions is playing 'possum or he's an idiot and I can't figure it out but someone needs to get a fire under him.

Posts: 4076 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Were you dropped on your head as a child? You're about to make a mistake. You need to be quiet. Find another thread to concentrate on. I have no interest in hearing a bunch of defeatist shit in this forum.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
ABC News has learned President Trump will meet today at the White House with Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and FBI Director Christopher Wray. The meeting is scheduled for 3pm. I'm told this "demand" will be a topic of discussion ...

https://twitter.com/jonkarl/status/998619022085246976

Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
DOJ Agrees To Allow Congress To Review Requested Documents

The Department of Justice will allow Congress to review highly classified requested documents relating to the FBI’s investigation into the Trump 2016 campaign in conjunction with the White House and other agencies, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Monday.

“Based on the meeting with the President, the Department of Justice has asked the Inspector General to expand its current investigation to include any irregularities with the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s or the Department of Justice’s tactics concerning the Trump Campaign,” Sanders said.

“It was also agreed that White House Chief of Staff Kelly will immediately set up a meeting with the FBI, DOJ, and DNI together with Congressional Leaders to review highly classified and other information they have requested,” she continued.

President Donald Trump met with Director of National Intelligence Dan Coates, FBI Director Wray, and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein Monday afternoon to discuss congressional requests. Conservative lawmakers have pressed the DOJ for weeks to turn over highly classified documents relating to the FBI’s 2016 investigation, particularly to discern abuse of power or the use of a confidential informant to infiltrate the campaign.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/05...lassified-documents/

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

The hunters will now officially become the hunted....

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4876 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
drip drip drip

https://www.axios.com/peter-na...99-62bfb7578599.html

During the transition everyone involved in Trump’s presidential campaign were asked to submit resumes for administration positions

Halper pitched himself for an ambassadorship in Asia, according to a source briefed on their interactions. Navarro says he submitted Halper’s name for the Asian ambassadorship — we have not been able to confirm the country — along with around a dozen other people for roles in the region

An FBI/CIA spy tried to be part of Trump administration ?

Federal records: DoD paid Halper

5/30/2012 $197,626
7/30/2014 $204,000
9/25/2015 $244,960
9/27/2016 $282,295
7/26/2017 $129,280

https://www.wsj.com/articles/t...-campaign-1526849292

The Wall Street Journal has identified the suspected informant as Stefan Halper, an American who was a foreign policy scholar at the University of Cambridge until 2015. Mr. Halper couldn’t be immediately reached for comment.

The Journal made no agreements to withhold his name from publication and is one of several media outlets identifying him. Some lawmakers and law-enforcement officials have expressed concern about compromising sources for the investigation, saying it could put lives in danger, hurt investigations and damage international partnerships.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rep Matt Gaetz:

“The White House is not yet fully informed regarding the extent to which intelligence was collected on the Trump campaign,”

“There is additional information that House investigators have collected. And we need to make sure the White House gets appropriately informed about that because it will not be enough to have Rod Rosenstein and the others and the Department of Justice to investigate themselves. We have enough investigations where the Justice Department is investigating themselves. More than anything we discussed in the past this is a basis to appoint a second special counsel, someone who is independent. And we need the president to declassify the information immediately regarding this intelligence information on the Trump campaign so that we can talk about it.”

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
They know what's in those darkest places.

And I think it will be worse than most of us imagine. They are fighting desperately to keep everything hidden, and, since is seems like they can't do so, to bring down Trump. That kind of desperation from CIA, FBI, Washington elites and the entire MSM is not lightly triggered.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Crowdfund a wall ??? I thought we were already doing that with our tax dollars.

Those who want to see President Trump’s border wall built may get a chance to help fund the project if a recently introduced bill is passed.

The legislation, introduced by Rep. Diane Black, R-Tenn., last week, would create a “border wall trust fund.” People could donate any amount of money to it, with the funds specifically designated for “whatever it takes to build the wall” -- from supplies to salaries. It would be overseen by the Treasury Department, according to Black.

“Real immigration reform cannot be achieved without a secure border -- President Trump has been clear about this since day one,” Black, a member of the House Budget Committee, said in a statement. “The most important job of the federal government is the safety and security of the American people, and if citizens in our country wish to contribute to this effort, they absolutely should be given the opportunity.”

In an interview with Fox News, Black said while anyone can donate money to the U.S. Treasury now, this trust fund would ensure donations would specifically go toward the construction of the border wall.

“I support President Trump in building the wall. It’s going to take big funds to do that,” Black said, adding that she doesn’t believe Congress has done enough in terms of allocating funding for the wall.

Black stressed that the trust fund wouldn’t be the first time the government used crowdfunding to complete a project. She said the fund could be patterned after the private donations used to construct the Washington Monument.

Created in 1833, the Washington National Monument Society fundraised to begin construction of the Washington Monument. The society was given land, raised money and hired architect Robert Mills to design the memorial. However, the group ran out of money, and construction of the memorial was stalled for more than 20 years until Congress took it over, according to the National Park Service.

Corporations, including Target, also paved the way monetarily for restorations to the monument beginning in 1996, according to the National Park Service.

Black, who is running for governor in Tennessee, said she’s already heard from a number of her constituents who support the idea of a public trust fund. If established, Black said she and her husband would be first to donate.

In March, Trump signed a $1.3 trillion omnibus spending bill that included only $1.6 billion for border measures -- much of which is for repairs to already existing fencing. House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., and the White House said the spending bill provided for 100 miles of border construction; however, it specifically ruled out any new prototypes for the wall such as the ones Trump visited in California earlier this year.

RJ Hauman, government relations director at the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR), blamed Democrats for the lack of border funding, including in the spending package. He told Fox News that Black’s bill “would provide a unique funding source for the president’s signature campaign promise.”

Heather Douglass, a spokeswoman for Black, told Fox News, "We’re hoping to see [the bill] go through to the president’s desk."

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...trust-fund-bill.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Sometimes they slip a little and reality sneaks out. Big Grin

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
Picture of submoa
posted Hide Post
He...and his traitorous henchmen, certainly DID, though his tradecraft skills obviously deteriorated over time Wink.

Before:

After:
[/QUOTE]

Posts: 1273 | Location: South Florida, A Third World Country with Modern Conveniences | Registered: December 30, 2007Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Every once in a while, when a battle looms, one side has all the good guys, and the other side has all the bad guys.

Eric Holder jumped into the action today and said:

“Trump demand for DOJ investigation is dangerous/democracy threatening. DOJ response is disappointing,”

“There is no basis/no predicate for an inquiry. It’s time to stand for time-honored DOJ independence. That separation from White House is a critical part of our system.”

Says the AG who said he was Obama's "wingman".

No basis for an inquiry. hmmm

Papadopoulos, Carter Page, and Sam Clovis say they were approached by Halper. He offered his services to the campaign. He tried to be part of the transition by submitting his resume.

But now it is hard to find a news source which doesn't report that he is a long time FBI/CIA spy. DoD paid him over 1 million dollars since 2012. For what ?

The Wash Post says “For years, the professor has provided information to the FBI and the CIA,”

Just about the entire upper echelon of the former FBI is gone. Several fired and some forced to resign in disgrace. A senior DoJ person removed from 2 senior positions; now apparently working as a cooperating source to DoJ IG.

But Holder sees a threat to democracy.

So do we. Holder and Halper are both threats to our democracy.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
I'm not a Debby Downer but just realistic that nothing, even if it's shown the FBI and their ilk tried to spy on the Trump campaign at the direction of the White House, will come of it.
For fuck's sake. Do yourself a favor and be quiet. I swear to God, I cannot get away from the defeatist bullshit.

What is wrong with some of you guys?? It's as if you WANT to lose.

What do you guys get out of all this defeatist talk???? Do you feel better after you've spread some of that shit around?? Good grief.

Outside of this forum where is the charge forward cry from Washington to get to the bottom of this? I think crimes were committed and the FBI rep is forever tarnished once it allowed itself to become weaponized by the Obama and Clinton. No one expected any of this would come to light since Hillary was supposed to win but now that it happened other than a few commentator, blogs, some sites and forums, people were more worked up over the IRS scandal than this.

This is just as important for the same reasons but there is no cadre of people in Washington who have the stones to see this all the way through, except Trump. That bully pulpit is strong but the process to uncover and convict is a lengthy one and should House fall in November, this story is done for all practical purposes and the Deep State goes all.

Either Sessions is playing 'possum or he's an idiot and I can't figure it out but someone needs to get a fire under him.

I really try and avoid political discussions, because I spent 14+ years neck deep in DC and I don't want my bias to distract. Trump is the famed "man in the arena" and let me tell you that there is no one else better for the job. And if you think you are, where were you on the ballot, no offense?

Trump is the new sheriff, and he is 100% in charge. He has decades of swamp to drain, so shut up or put up.

Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Crowdfund a wall ??? I thought we were already doing that with our tax dollars.

I would give money for the wall.

Hell, they should let us put our names on the bricks Razz

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3474 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Report This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
oops..double post

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D 5/21/18

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
well this is one of those that could be big or just smoke

edit: later reports indicate this was a false alarm. A "misunderstanding"

seen at CT

On Laura Ingraham she had Carter Page and Michael Caputo.

Caputo said:

“Let me tell you something that I know for a fact. This informant, this person [who] they tried to plant into the campaign … he’s not the only person who came at the campaign. And the FBI is not the only Obama agency who came at the campaign.”

“I know because they came at me. And I’m looking for clearance from my attorney to reveal this to the public. This is just the beginning.”… And I’ll tell ya’, when we finally find out the truth about this Director Clapper and the rest of them are going to be wearing some orange suits”…

https://youtu.be/H-iChlUv19U

(a good clip, but confusing)

interesting that Laura Ingraham would not say the name Stefan Halper on air, but she said that name in a show a few days ago. She has backed off. ????

They wouldn't say Halper's name but they said things that fit his profile, including that he got over a million dollars from DoD

Carter Page appeared to be hoping that Halper would turn out to not be an FBI spy.

What a bizarre situation this is turning out to be.

In 2016, Caputo joined the Donald Trump campaign, and was put in charge of communications for New York. He left the campaign after publicly voicing his approval for the replacement of campaign manager Corey Lewandowski with Paul Manafort.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Mark Dice has this loon's number- 1-800-DESPERATION

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
This Halper guy doesn’t look too savvy.

He was paid over $1 million since 2012 by the US government, and now he wants to be an Ambassador?

The way to get to be an Ambassador is to pay the money, not take the money. Jeez!

Maybe he just received the money and funneled it right back or something.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post