SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I suspect that most of the American people realize that the Dems are trying to regain control through nefarious means. If voters do understand this, the fall elections should be quite unkind to the Dems.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Eminem

OH NOES! NOT EMINEM!

What are we going to do? He was the latest bastion of light!

I'm sorry. Was the light reference racist?

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Not since Ronald Reagan was president have I had so much confidence in the President. This is a negative political cartoon but I love it and Yes he's our President now.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Eminem has hit out again at Donald Trump, arguing that both Hillary Clinton and “a fucking turd” would have made for a better President than the current US leader.
Link

Guess what?

We already tried one of your choices, and it didn’t work out so good. Fool me once, and all that.

I'd say a "fucking turd" YOU VOTED FOR, "Em", already took a shot at occupying the White House from 2009-2017. At least we can all agree on that, eh "Em"?? Dipshit.... Roll Eyes

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ I guess the record sales have plummeted, huh M&M? Go back the 8 mile, grab a 40and chill.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5751 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Seems he did pretty much O.K. in Davos amongst the globalists and elite.

Could it be that the lame stream media was wrong all along?

RMD

Posts: 5737 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Eminem has hit out again at Donald Trump, arguing that both Hillary Clinton and “a fucking turd” would have made for a better President than the current US leader.
Link

Guess what?

We already tried one of your choices, and it didn’t work out so good. Fool me once, and all that.

Tim Kaine is a fucking turd?

I guess I gotta agree with him there.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31440 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
quote:
Link

Guess what?

Tim Kaine is a fucking turd?

I guess I gotta agree with him there.

Actually I though he was referring to the prior guy.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I read it as Eminem referring to the prior guy also, but that could be my confirmation bias kicking in. Smile

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1936 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Report This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Did anyone know about this?

https://www.whitehouse.gov/pre...ts-abuse-corruption/

Corruption? Hmmm...

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9156 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Senator Grassley (God bless him) is turning up the heat

Letters went to:
DNC
Hillary for America
Debbie Wasserman Schultz
Donna Brazille
John Podesta
HFA Chief strategist Joel Benenson

here is the ltr to HFA:

para #12 is a good one

adding saw this in another article that described who some of the people in para #12 are.

two longtime Clintonworld hatchet men — Sidney Blumenthal and Cody Shearer.

The letter seeks communications involving Fusion GPS and its founders, Glenn Simpson, Peter Fritsch and Tom Catan

as well as several government officials — FBI agent Peter Strzok, FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, former FBI general counsel James Baker, former Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates, former Attorney General Loretta Lynch, and former CIA Director John Brennan.

Jason Felch and Neil King have worked for Fusion GPS, it has been previously reported. But the letter reveals the names of several other Fusion GPS employees and contractors — David Michaels, Taylor Sears, Patrick Corcoran, Laura Sego, Jay Bagwell and Erica Castro.

The Daily Caller has seen documents linking them to Fusion

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Went to a high school hockey game in Madison, Wisconsin and the student section had a visible American flag presence. Some students had flags they displayed at times, some girls had on stars and stripes yoga pants. Some loudly sang parts of the national anthem. One kid had on a "TRUMP 2020!" T shirt.

DT may have started an American pride movement among these students who will likely be old enough to vote in 2020. If the Trump train has youth jumping aboard, there is no stopping it. If this momentum among youth is widespread, the dems must be freaking out.

Posts: 7454 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
Went to a high school hockey game in Madison, Wisconsin and the student section had a visible American flag presence. Some students had flags they displayed at times, some girls had on stars and stripes yoga pants. Some loudly sang parts of the national anthem. One kid had on a "TRUMP 2020!"

DT may have started an American pride movement among these students who will likely be old enough to vote in 2020. If the Trump train has youth jumping aboard, there is no stopping it. If this momentum among youth is widespread, the dems must be freaking out.

This is Madison Wisconsin?? Madison?? In Wisconsin?? Are you sure you weren't hallucinating?? Madison is so liberal they even scare the liberals sometimes! That's great news!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mueller

I'll go into code mode here.

Mueller and his team are tainted. Not much is left to tie the loose ends on that. Mueller, his top echelon team and presumably, most of the rank-and-file in that team. Most of the rank-and-file because it can be safely assumed that the top echelon team brought with them to the team their trusted subordinates.

If there is agreement that "tainted" is the correct descriptive term, it will follow that the investigation and potential prosecution is also tainted. Meaning that an impartial, objective and ultimately successful prosecution should leave no reasonable doubt that a conviction is legally proper and not due to bias, prejudice or some other extraneous circumstances.

It is no small wonder then, that the charges that have been brought so far do not directly relate to the main scope of the authorities granted to that Special Counsel Office. Without a doubt, it can therefore be reasonably stated, and it would not come as a surprise, that someone will be charged with the heinous crime of removing a mattress tag from a mattress that did not belong to him/her.

In the words of a bastion of ethics and leadership in government, "[N]o reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case".

End code mode

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jehzsa:
quote:
Mueller

I'll go into code mode here.

Mueller and his team are tainted. Not much is left to tie the loose ends on that. Mueller, his top echelon team and presumably, most of the rank-and-file in that team. Most of the rank-and-file because it can be safely assumed that the top echelon team brought with them to the team their trusted subordinates.

If there is agreement that "tainted" is the correct descriptive term, it will follow that the investigation and potential prosecution is also tainted. Meaning that an impartial, objective and ultimately successful prosecution should leave no reasonable doubt that a conviction is legally proper and not due to bias, prejudice or some other extraneous circumstances.

It is no small wonder then, that the charges that have been brought so far do not directly relate to the main scope of the authorities granted to that Special Counsel Office. Without a doubt, it can therefore be reasonably stated, and it would not come as a surprise, that someone will be charged with the heinous crime of removing a mattress tag from a mattress that did not belong to him/her.

In the words of a bastion of ethics and leadership in government, "[N]o reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case".

End code mode

Very droll.

The goal here is not so much a successful criminal prosecution but a political knock out, accusations so heinous that even Republicans would find it expedient to abandon the President, much like what happened to Nixon.

Nixon might have skated through all his troubles as long as it was his word against theirs, but “anything you say can be used aginst you,” and there he was on tape. Clinton managed to do so even with the blue dress.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The goal here is not so much a successful criminal prosecution but a political knock out

Also.

But then we would have to assume that Trump's team is playing dice with the universe.

I do not believe that they are.

Resume code mode

"You are being followed."

"Be assured that I am not a stranger to anything that happens around me."

End code mode

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jehzsa:
quote:
The goal here is not so much a successful criminal prosecution but a political knock out

Also.

But then we would have to assume that Trump's team is playing dice with the universe.

I do not believe that they are.

Ya lost me.

What universe?

posted Hide Post
Their universe, JALLEN.

God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4410 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soflaac:
quote:

I read it as Eminem referring to the prior guy also, but that could be my confirmation bias kicking in. Smile

It's a twofer! Works both ways.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31440 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post