SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
The president just tweeted this...Will be interesting to see the details which I am sure are forthcoming!

I'm willing to bet that Trump doesn't trade them for a deserter.

Did Obozo ever make even one good deal for America? Just one?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I understand there are vacancies at Gitmo.

They leave the light on!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Ah, yes.

Achmed Abdul Mohammed
Mohammed Achmed Abdul
Abdul Mohammed Achmed
Achmed Achmed Abdul
Giuseppe Fiorno aka Mohammed Mohammed Abdul

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
from bama's link:

The Iraqis sent the Turks an intelligence file they had amassed on Mr. Ithawi, and the Turkish security forces arrested him on Feb. 15, and extradited him to Iraq, this official said.

Iraqi and American intelligence officials then spent weeks interrogating him, learning the details and whereabouts of other ISIS leaders in hiding, the officials said.

The American-led coalition used this information to launch an airstrike in mid-April that killed 39 suspected Islamic State members near Hajin, in the Deir al-Zour district of Syria, the second official said.

The joint Iraqi-American intelligence team then set a trap, according to these officials. They persuaded Mr. Ithawi to contact several of his Islamic State colleagues who had been hiding in Syria and lure them across the border, the officials said.

The Iraqi authorities were waiting, and arrested the group soon after they crossed the frontier, the officials said.

Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

https://twitter.com/Education4...s/994591513068777472

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
God Bless America!!!

Short Video:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/8Jh7hL6KjZ0

Long Video:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/gmhMaFjIIhs

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Israel, this is for you:

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://thehill.com/homenews/ad...june-12-in-singapore

President Trump announced Thursday his high-stakes summit meeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un will take place on June 12 in Singapore.

The meeting will mark the first time a sitting U.S. president meets with the leader of North Korea.

reminder:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/n...nusable-kim-jong-un/

Research by Chinese geologists suggests that the mountain above North Korea's main nuclear test site has likely collapsed. That collapse has likely rendered the site unsafe for further testing and will require that it be monitored for any leaking radiation.

Nuclear explosions release enormous amounts of heat and energy, and the North's largest test in September was believed early on to have rendered the Punggye-ri site in northeastern North Korea unstable.

The data in the latest Chinese study was collected following the most powerful of North Korea's six nuclear device tests on Sept. 3, which is believed to have triggered four earthquakes over the following weeks. The yield of the bomb was estimated at more than 100 kilotons of TNT, at least 10 times stronger than anything the North had tested previously. (The bomb the United States dropped on Hiroshima in 1945 had a yield of about 15 kilotons.)

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
I understand there are vacancies at Gitmo.

They leave the light on!

Tom Bodett approves.

Posts: 20084 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
WASHINGTON (AP) — Senate Republicans are on the verge of filling the nation’s longest appellate court vacancy and in the process softening a tool the GOP successfully employed to block several of President Barack Obama’s nominees.

The Senate gives lawmakers a chance to weigh in on a judicial nominee from their home state by submitting a blue-colored form called the “blue slip.” A positive blue slip signals the Senate to move forward with the nomination process. A negative blue slip, or withholding it altogether, signals a senator’s objection and almost always stalls the nomination.

Until this year, it had been nearly three decades since the Senate confirmed a judge without two positive blue slips. The likely confirmation Thursday of Milwaukee attorney Michael Brennan to fill an opening on the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Chicago will mark the second time it has happened this year. Sen. Tammy Baldwin, D-Wis., declined to return her blue slip.

The move to go ahead with a hearing for Brennan and a vote on the floor has Democrats crying foul, but as a procedural vote showed Wednesday, that’s about all they can do. The Senate voted along party lines to limit debate on Brennan’s confirmation, 49-47.

“I’d admonish my friends on the other side of the aisle, this is a very dangerous road you’re treading,” said Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y. “As everyone knows, the winds of political change blow swiftly in America. The minority one day is the majority the next.”

The warning was reminiscent of the one that Republican Sen. Mitch McConnell issued when Democrats changed the rules to lower the threshold necessary to end a filibuster for district and circuit court judges. Under the change, the Senate can cut off debate with a simple majority rather than 60 votes.

At the time, the Kentucky Republican said, “You’ll regret this, and you may regret this a lot sooner than you think.”

He was certainly correct. Fast forward to Wednesday, when Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa, the Republican chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, said Democrats’ complaints were based on an incorrect understanding of the blue slip’s history.

“The blue slip courtesy is just that — a courtesy,” Grassley said.

He said past chairmen of the committee had rarely used negative or unreturned blue slips as unilateral vetoes. The most recent exception was Democratic Sen. Patrick Leahy of Vermont, who was chairman during the first six years of Obama’s presidency.

“That was his prerogative,” Grassley said.

Grassley said that under his tenure, the blue slip will be used to ensure the president consults with home state senators, but not as a veto for appellate court nominees. He said he was satisfied in Brennan’s case that the White House consulted with both of Wisconsin’s senators before the president nominated him.

Republicans have made it a top priority to confirm the president’s nominees, particularly those who will serve on federal appeals courts. It’s a top issue with social conservatives leading into this year’s midterm elections. With Democrats slow-walking many of Trump’s nominees, McConnell said last October that the blue slip process should not be used to “blackball” nominees.

The judicial vacancy Brennan would fill has been open since January 2010.

For Democrats, it was particularly galling that Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., has used his blue slip to object to Obama nominee Victoria Nourse to serve on the 7th Circuit. She eventually withdrew from consideration.

“How is Sen. Baldwin’s right to consult on judges for her state any less important than Sen. Johnson’s?” Schumer said. “It’s mind-bending hypocrisy. It’s an appalling double standard.”

Johnson said more than one million of the state’s residents had voted for him, and he had no role whatsoever in the nomination of Nourse “so I decided not to return the blue slip.”

He said he does not believe the blue slip should be used as an absolute veto, though.

“The blue slip from my standpoint should primarily be used just as the advice and consent of one senator expressing an opinion on a judge from their state,” Johnson said.

Johnson noted that he did return a blue slip for a subsequent Obama nominee to the 7th Circuit, Donald Schott.

However, there was strong resistance from Republicans in going forward with any Obama’s nominees during his final year in office. Just 11 federal judges won confirmation that year.

A final vote on Brennan’s nomination was expected at noon Thursday. McConnell teed up votes for six appellate court nominees this week. So far, the Senate has confirmed 34 of Trump’s judicial nominees.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Surprise, surprise!

Former FBI Director Comey Consulted with Mueller on Russia Testimony

Sarah A. Carter

quote:
A government watchdog group revealed Thursday that former FBI Director James Comey was advised by senior FBI officials to seek Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s advice prior to testifying before “any congressional committee” about President Donald Trump’s campaign and its alleged collusion with Russia’s meddling in the 2016 presidential election, according to new emails obtained by Judicial Watch reveal.

Comey was also advised to seek Mueller’s counsel on the circumstances surrounding his firing by Trump before providing testimony to Congress, the Department of Justice emails obtained by Judicial Watch reveal. It is the first time evidence reveals there was coordination between the Special Counsel and Comey in the long drawn out controversial Mueller investigation.

“The emails, along with news reports, also reveal that Comey met with Mueller prior to his June 8, 2017, testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee…”
In one of the email chains dated May 19, 2017, shortly after Comey was fired by Trump, his then Chief of Staff James Rybicki sends an email chain to then FBI Deputy Director McCabe, FBI Deputy Director David L. Bowdich, former FBI General Counsel James A. Baker, among others and says, “Please see a DRAFT response to Director Comey (below). I will hold pending further direction….”

The email states:

In response to your emails below we have consulted with executive management here, including the General Counsel, and recommend the following 1.That your counsel convey any acceptance or declinations to invitations to testify directly to the Committees. That your counsel consult with Special Counsel Mueller to determine the timing of any such testimony and, [Emphasis added] The Office of General Counsel stands ready to discuss with you in consultation with the Department of Justice and the Special Counsel, institutional privileges or prerogatives that may be presented by any such testimony. “These documents show that James Comey, who was fired by the president, nevertheless had easy, friendly access to the FBI as he prepped his infamous anti-Trump testimony to the Senate,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “This collusion led to Comey’s attacking President Trump and misusing FBI records as part of a vendetta against the president.”

The emails, along with news reports, also reveal that Comey met with Mueller prior to his June 8, 2017, testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee and, according to Judicial Watch, that testimony was also coordinated with Mueller.

“These documents show that James Comey, who was fired by the president, nevertheless had easy, friendly access to the FBI as he prepped his infamous anti-Trump testimony to the Senate,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton in a press release.

During Comey’s June 8, testimony before the Senate he revealed that he had leaked information from memos he created on his meetings with Trump while he was still director of the FBI. He gave those memos to his friend, Columbia law professor Daniel Richman, who then leaked them to The New York Times. Comey admitted that he leaked the memos with the intention that they be leaked to the news organization with the hope that it would lead to a special counsel investigation of the President.

“I asked a friend of mine to share the content of the memo with a reporter. Didn’t do it myself, for a variety of reasons,” Comey told the Senate Intelligence Committee. “But I asked him to because I thought that might prompt the appointment of a special counsel.”

The former embattled FBI director has fought back against accusations that he leaked classified memos but lawmakers contend that Comey did leak property of the FBI in violation of Bureau protocol. They also contend that some of the memos contained classified information and issued a criminal referral on Comey last month citing the leaks and the extraordinary circumstances surrounding the nature of the investigation, as first reported.

JUDICIAL WATCH TIMELINE PER PRESS RELEASE:

May 17, 2017 — Comey was notified to appear before the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence the Senate Judiciary Committee, and the House Oversight and Government AffairsCommittee.

On May 18 and 19, 2017, an email chain with the subject line “Future testimony” shows former Comey FBI Chief of Staff James Rybicki, former Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe and Assistant Director Gregory Brower, Comey and others discussing Comey’s upcoming testimony

May 18 at 6:30 pm, Comey sent an email to Rybicki confirming that he had accepted the invitation to testify before the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence.

In that same email chain Comey noted that he declined the invitations from the Senate Judiciary Committee and House Oversight and Government Affairs Committee.

In the email to Rybicki, Comey says, “Last, would you please tell OGC [Office of the General Counsel] that I would like to be able to review any documents authored by me or on which I am copied that will be produced to SSCI in connection with my testimony and would like the opportunity for that review before I testify?”

Link

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Should Trump stop the daily briefings, His recent tweet about how 90+% of the press is negative about him, his presidency, anything that happens, little if anything positive is reported.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders is doing a stand up job of dealing with the daily BS of super left reporters who write questions to be picked up for TV or internet viewing vs really reporting the news. It's a shit show that insults the profession that once used the daily brief as a way to get information prior to the internet/tv/radio.

So cancel it, issue press releases and have maybe one a week or every other week, wouldn't bother me one bit...

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The conspiracy to overthrow President Trump never ended and is continuing today.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Picture of AzMikeCFD102
posted Hide Post
Trump announces capture of five 'most wanted' ISIS terrorists who were lured from Syria to Iraq with fake Telegram app messages -

Including top aide to 'caliphate' leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi
President Trump tweeted on Thursday that five ISIS leaders had been captured

Iraqi agents took one of them – top lieutenant Ismail al-Eithawi - in February
They used Eithawi's cell phone to reach four of his top commanders with the Telegram messaging app and lure them into a trap

Telegram has become the messaging app of choice among ISIS terrorists
The ISIS terror army was created in 2012 as an al-Qaeda offshoot, re-branded from the previous group known as 'al-Qaeda in Iraq'

ISIS was the most aggressive and effective rebel force in Syria before the U.S. and other Western nations started pushing back with vigor

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...s.html#ixzz5F7WQ6Vi2

MAGA

NRA
Gun Owners of America

Posts: 388 | Location: Tucson, Az | Registered: August 17, 2016Report This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
President Trump is on a roll.
Great job, sir.

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
“How is Sen. Baldwin’s right to consult on judges for her state any less important than Sen. Johnson’s?” Schumer said. “It’s mind-bending hypocrisy. It’s an appalling double standard.”
I'm absolutely shocked Schumer didn't burst into flames when that word crossed his lips. Takes one to know one Charlie.

I'm not a huge McConnell fan, but he has impressed me with his efforts to move these judicial nominations through the nonsense inflicted upon them by the Dem's.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Should Trump stop the daily briefings?
Nah, I think they serve a useful purpose in reaffirming daily for anyone interested just how corrupt and complicit the media really is. And Sarah Sanders really seems to enjoy pounding on these nitwits. Smile Maybe just ban Jim Acosta from CNN for the fun of it. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The White House is under no obligation whatsoever to provide these briefings, and anyone who doubts this, go find the law that says these briefings must take place. You won't find it. It's not in the Constitution, either.

His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Holy smokes! Trump continues to deliver!

I can't imagine what it's like to be in a North Korean labor camp. I am truly happy for those people. I don't know the story of how they got captured but the bottom line is Trump got them freed.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The White House is under no obligation whatsoever to provide these briefings, and anyone who doubts this, go find the law that says these briefings must take place. You won't find it. It's not in the Constitution, either.

Yep it's a tradition, started back when the only way to get news out was to have a meeting with reporters who used pencils/pens and notepads who went back to an office and reported it on paper.

There wasn't a direct communication network to the people like today, it acted like a distributor network no direct to consumer access. The interwebs have given direct access so you can get your story out without someone editing it to change meaning.

Maybe the press releases do help with the agenda of beating the liberal out of the press..

Still, screw them, make it once a week, that'll really piss um off and do it on Fridays so nothing they report over the weekend will be read...

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post