SIGforum
The Trump Presidency : Year II

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/8510094634

May 04, 2018, 04:28 PM
sdy
The Trump Presidency : Year II
The phrase "over the top" would apply to this story

WH correspondent April Ryan claims Press Secretary Sarah Sanders used "gutter" language to insult her. Language that "in certain quarters" starts a physical fight.

And who jumps in to support April Ryan ?

No less that former Baltimore mayor Rawlings-Blake.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...t-it-was-street.html

CNN political analyst April Ryan twisted Sarah Sanders' words on Thursday night in order to make the absurd suggestion that the White House press secretary is looking for a physical confrontation with the star reporter.

After Ryan asked a combative question during Thursday’s press briefing, accusing her of being "blindsided" by comments Rudy Giuliani recently made on Fox News, Sanders told Ryan, “Well, with all due respect, you actually don’t know much about me in terms of what I feel and what I don't.”

Ryan misquoted Sanders while speaking to CNN colleague Don Lemon on-air afterwards, claiming the press secretary said, “You don’t know me,” before declaring the phrase to be fighting words.

“For Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the presidential spokesperson, the mouthpiece for the President of the United States, to say, ‘You don’t know me,’ in certain quarters in this nation, that starts a physical fight,” Ryan said. “I was very shocked. It was street. I will even go beyond that, it was gutter.”

Rawlings-Blake recommended that next time, Ryan should say, “I may not know you, but I damn sure know a LIE! And you are wearing it Sis, all over your face -oh wait is that a smudge in your liner.”

Rawlings-Blake then responded, “Already took my earrings off and Vaseline in my purse,” and added a fist emoji, to which the CNN political analyst fired back, “That is what I am talking about! Take off that pretty ring to fornthe [sic] street fight. Lol.”

had to look it up, but apparently "in certain quarters" women carry Vaseline to smear on their face when they fight, so they don't get clawed by fingernails

Why do they let trash like this into the press room ?
May 04, 2018, 04:45 PM
Bigboreshooter
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Ryan misquoted Sanders while speaking to CNN colleague Don Lemon on-air afterwards, claiming the press secretary said, “You don’t know me,” before declaring the phrase to be fighting words.

My money would be on Sarah Sanders to give her a good, old-fashioned country girl ass whoopin'.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

May 04, 2018, 05:16 PM
JALLEN
Federal Judge Catches Robert Mueller Using Preexisting FISA Title-1 Warrant Against Paul Manafort Instead of Title 3 Authority…
Posted on May 4, 2018 by sundance
The Conservative Treehouse

quote:
Well, well, well…. they say timing is everything.

Today U.S. District Judge T.S. Ellis III appears to have caught on to an explosive issue CTH noted yesterday. In building the case against Paul Manafort, special counsel Robert Mueller’s team used the pre-existing FISA Title-1 warrant that was originally applied to U.S. person Carter Page and the Trump campaign.

Under normal criminal investigation any search warrant or surveillance warrant would normally proceed through U.S. courts, under Title-3, where the Mueller team would need to show probable cause for a warrant. However, by using the Title-1 warrant from the FBI counterintelligence operation, as extended by AAG Rod Rosenstein, Robert Mueller was able to use far more intrusive and unchecked searches and seizures for his criminal probe.

The media, and broad media-consumption public, are currently unaware the Mueller probe was simply a continuance of the 2016 FBI counterintelligence operation. Most people think the special counsel investigation is a separate issue. It’s not.

However, in addition to a scathing rebuke of the underlying prosecutorial premise, ie. Mueller trying to keep the originating structure hidden, Judge Ellis demanded today that Mueller unredact the August 2, 2017, instructions from AAG Rosenstein. That removal will expose the use of the FISA Title-1 warrant use that drove the investigative origin.

WASHINGTON – A federal judge on Friday harshly rebuked Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s team during a hearing for ex-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort – suggesting they lied about the scope of the investigation, are seeking “unfettered power” and are more interested in bringing down the president.

“You don’t really care about Mr. Manafort,” U.S. District Judge T.S. Ellis III told Mueller’s team. “You really care about what information Mr. Manafort can give you to lead you to Mr. Trump and an impeachment, or whatever.”

Further, Ellis demanded to see the unredacted “scope memo,” a document outlining the scope of the special counsel’s Russia probe that congressional Republicans have also sought. […] The Reagan-appointed judge asked Mueller’s team where they got the authority to indict Manafort on alleged crimes dating as far back as 2005.

The special counsel argues that Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein granted them broad authority in his May 2, 2017 letter appointing Mueller to this investigation. But after the revelation that the team is using information from the earlier DOJ probe, Ellis said that information did not “arise” out of the special counsel probe – and therefore may not be within the scope of that investigation.

“We don’t want anyone with unfettered power,” he said.

Mueller’s team says its authorities are laid out in documents including the August 2017 scope memo – and that some powers are actually secret because they involve ongoing investigations and national security matters that cannot be publicly disclosed.

Ellis seemed amused and not persuaded.

He summed up the argument of the Special Counsel’s Office as, “We said this was what [the] investigation was about, but we are not bound by it and we were lying.”

He referenced the common exclamation from NFL announcers, saying: “C’mon man!” (read more)

The Mueller team saying: “some powers are actually secret” is a direct reference to their use of the FISA Title-1 warrant, which they took over from the FBI counterintelligence operation and applied to their criminal investigation.

With the third 90-day extension of the FISA warrant, issued by AAG Rod Rosenstein (July 18, 2017), Mueller’s team were obviously using the FISA warrant from May through October of last year. [The FISA warrant expired 90 days from July 18.]

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown
May 04, 2018, 05:33 PM
sdy
above post is a big deal (if true)

so much feeds back to the Grassley memo that said after looking at the 4 FISA warrants against Carter Page, Grassley said the dossier was the main justification for the warrant (the unverified dossier) AND that the Isikoff report was used to support the dossier while it was actually planted by Steele himself. (Translation: the FBI tricked and lied to the FISC court)

One thing that gives pause though, were there separate surveillance warrants against Manafort ?

Rosenstein's original ltr appointing Mueller said Mueller was to conduct the investigation confirmed by Comey

Rosenstein's 2 Aug 2017 letter, that gave additional direction to Mueller, did have specific charges:

May 04, 2018, 05:44 PM
lbj
This is a reasonably short article that explains the shifting tactics of the Deep State with regard to ousting Trump from office.

http://dbdailyupdate.com/index...ng-its-war-on-trump/

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

May 04, 2018, 05:56 PM
sdy
stuff breaking all over the place

Drudge headline

https://www.bostonglobe.com/ne...O0YbHECUL/story.html

John Kerry’s bid to save one of his most significant accomplishments as secretary of state took him to New York on a Sunday afternoon two weeks ago , where, more than a year after he left office, he engaged in some unusual shadow diplomacy with a top-ranking Iranian official.

He sat down at the United Nations with Foreign Minister Javad Zarif to discuss ways of preserving the pact limiting Iran’s nuclear weapons program. It was the second time in about two months that the two had met to strategize over salvaging a deal they spent years negotiating during the Obama administration, according to a person briefed on the meetings.

Kerry also met last month with German President Frank-Walter Steinmeier, and he’s been on the phone with top European Union official Federica Mogherini, according to the source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to reveal the private meetings. Kerry has also met with French President Emmanuel Macron in both Paris and New York, conversing over the details of sanctions and regional nuclear threats in both French and English.

reminder: Logan Act

The Logan Act (1 Stat. 613, 18 U.S.C. § 953, enacted January 30, 1799) is a United States federal law that criminalizes negotiation by unauthorized persons with foreign governments having a dispute with the United States. The intent behind the Act is to prevent unauthorized negotiations from undermining the government's position.
May 04, 2018, 06:03 PM
mbinky
So private citizens are allowed to meet with foreign nationals to help shape US foreign policy? Or more likely, to help them oppose official US foreign policy? Not that the DOJ would do anything anyway.
May 04, 2018, 06:07 PM
braillediver
Rosenstein's 2 Aug 2017 letter granted Mueller the authority after the fact. After Mannafort was investigated.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.
May 04, 2018, 06:07 PM
justjoe
They so cannot accept that they lost, that they are acting as if they had won, and are still in power. Delusional and traitorous.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."
May 04, 2018, 06:09 PM
roberth
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
So private citizens are allowed to meet with foreign nationals to help shape US foreign policy? Or more likely, to help them oppose official US foreign policy? Not that the DOJ would do anything anyway.

Don't be so negative all the time.

Prosecution takes time to build a case, in these instances we want to nail these bastards to the wall and in order to do that evidence must be gathered and researched thoroughly.

I'd like see most of these people hanging at the end of a rope, we'll have to be patient and wait.

May 04, 2018, 06:18 PM
JALLEN
I had a good laugh this afternoon as I was pasting the Conservative Treehouse article above. Now the article has a photo probably of Judge Ellis, a white man, in his late 70’s.

When I was reading the article, preparing to post it here, the photo in that space was of a much younger black man. I believe it was William Jefferson the former Congressman who has been in Ellis’s courtroom for years on his bribery charges.

Who knows who the man is in the currently displayed photo? It is different than other sites now that the story has gotten legs.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown
May 04, 2018, 06:25 PM
parabellum
Well, he's red, white and blue as far as I'm concerned.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023
May 04, 2018, 07:11 PM
dusty3030
I finally got to see President Trump live today. Ollie North gave the invocation. VP Pence spoke and then President Trump. I have never been so fired up about being an American as I am today. They held back nothing, pulled no punches, danced around no issues. No BS, all spoke with conviction.
Haven't watched the news, don't care how they want to spin it, but for what it is worth the crowd was 100% in accord with him and there only 4 or 5 protesters outside in the rain - if CNN shows any more than that they taped that shit on a soundstage somewhere because it wasn't here in Dallas.
May 04, 2018, 07:38 PM
Bigboreshooter
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
I had a good laugh this afternoon as I was pasting the Conservative Treehouse article above. Now the article has a photo probably of Judge Ellis, a white man, in his late 70’s.

When I was reading the article, preparing to post it here, the photo in that space was of a much younger black man. I believe it was William Jefferson the former Congressman who has been in Ellis’s courtroom for years on his bribery charges.

Who knows who the man is in the currently displayed photo? It is different than other sites now that the story has gotten legs.

That is William "Deep Freeze" Jefferson.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

May 04, 2018, 08:24 PM
JALLEN
Conservative Treehouse

The Daily Caller is reporting Lisa Page has resigned from the FBI. If accurate this would indicate her internal investigative usefulness has run its course. This would align with those who expect the IG report to come out soon [likely May 18].

DAILY CALLER: The FBI attorney who exchanged anti-Trump text messages with another bureau official resigned on Friday, The Daily Caller News Foundation has learned.

The FBI confirmed that the lawyer, Lisa Page, tendered her resignation.

Page has faced months of scrutiny over the text messages, which she exchanged with Peter Strzok, the former deputy chief of the FBI’s counterintelligence division. (more)

Lisa Page was assigned to be Special Counsel to FBI Deputy Andrew McCabe in 2015. It was Lisa Page’s testimony to FBI Inspection Division (INSD) investigators and the DOJ Inspector General that ended up delivering her text messages on July 20th, 2017.

Page was instrumental in the initial phases of the internal investigation. During mid-summer questioning about leaks to media former Deputy Director Andrew McCabe said he did not authorize Lisa Page to talk to media. This contradicted Mrs. page. To prove her side of the story Lisa Page provided the text messages. Thus the first investigative thread was pulled, eventually revealing massive internal corruption at the top levels of the DOJ and FBI.

Link

May 04, 2018, 08:27 PM
mikeyspizza
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
This is a reasonably short article that explains the shifting tactics of the Deep State with regard to ousting Trump from office.

http://dbdailyupdate.com/index...ng-its-war-on-trump/
Very good summation. Everyone should read it!
May 04, 2018, 08:41 PM
JALLEN
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

That is William "Deep Freeze" Jefferson.

Yes, that is Jefferson, the same photo as was initially used in the story about Judge Ellis. That was replaced by another photo of someone else, and THAT photo has now been relaced eith another who I believe to be Judge Ellis.

You can’t assume everything these outfits put out is correct. Fake news!

May 04, 2018, 08:50 PM
sdy
NYT reports that James Baker (former FBI General Counsel) resigned today.

http://thehill.com/policy/nati...s-to-comey-leave-fbi

Baker told the newspaper in an interview that he would be joining the Brookings Institution to write for its Lawfare blog focused on national security.
May 04, 2018, 08:57 PM
Bigboreshooter
quote:
The FBI confirmed that the lawyer, Lisa Page, tendered her resignation.

quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
NYT reports that James Baker (former FBI General Counsel) resigned today.

Rats....Sinking ship......

May 04, 2018, 08:57 PM
Veeper
How is it that none of these attorneys are being disbarred for their legal shenanigans? Or is that coming yet?

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken